Cersei is knight of laughing tree

purple-eyes

I know that. But she can secretly attend with uncle kevan. 

Kevan would not bring Tywin's daughter to a tourney when Tywin himself had brought her back to Casterly Rock.

(this quote may have been noted already, as I took it from the first page.)

Given this user's multiple other threads on dubious material, I'm inclined to lean towards the latter.

I have to agree. I never believed that anyone could actually think that Cersei didn't killed Melara. I mean it's in the books! Even freaking Cersei herself sees Melara accusing eyes among those who she has hurt. What more do we need?

You believe she murdered her, so you decided that "death" meant Cersei. 

However, if you keep your opinion neutral, that sentence can mean that Melara is very close to her own death. Basically "death" already approached her. This only meant that in Maegi's vision or whatever, Melara is almost a dead person. 

To prove Cersei is the murderer, you need far better proofs. At this point, even from her own mind, we did not see she murdered her. 

I guess it is likely that Melara fell and drowned, maybe Cersei did not try to rescue her. 

Is this is a murder? you can judge by yourself. There are plenty of people in the reality who drowned in the river, or were attacked by somebody publicly on the street, and many people just ignored that. Are they murderers?

I have to agree. I never believed that anyone could actually think that Cersei didn't killed Melara. I mean it's in the books! Even freaking Cersei herself sees Melara accusing eyes among those who she has hurt. What more do we need?

So, we certainly don't have enough proof to try Cersei in a court of law.  It's all circumstantial.  She'd likely be acquitted.

BUT, we do have enough to try her in the court of public opinion.  And I think the court of public opinion has spoken loudly in favour of guilty.  But keep in mind, the court of public opinion isn't always right (IRL, anyway).  It IS just the public's opinion.

Circumstantial evidence points to guilty.  But Cersei's already a horrible person with or without an extra murder. And Melara's death isn't likely to have a lasting impact on the plot of the books - lasting impact on Cersei's character, yes (whether she murdered Melara or just walked away, it will still have a lasting impact), but not on the overall plot of the books.

You believe she murdered her, so you decided that "death" meant Cersei. 

However, if you keep your opinion neutral, that sentence can mean that Melara is very close to her own death. Basically "death" already approached her. This only meant that in Maegi's vision or whatever, Melara is almost a dead person. 

To prove Cersei is the murderer, you need far better proofs. At this point, even from her own mind, we did not see she murdered her. 

I guess it is likely that Melara fell and drowned, maybe Cersei did not try to rescue her. 

Is this is a murder? you can judge by yourself. There are plenty of people in the reality who drowned in the river, or were attacked by somebody publicly on the street, and many people just ignored that. Are they murderers?

I'm somewhat curious how you can deny Cersei being Melara's death in the face of strongly implied evidence while coming up with your totally unsupported hypothesis that Cersei was the CoLT. If Melara's death was in the tent it had to be Cersei, otherwise her death was the well, which was not in the tent.

Aerys thought it was Jaime because he was a crazy paranoid. He would have a really amazing sight if he can see someone's eye color (with a helmet on) from such a distance. And I highly doubt she would have any interest in defending Howland Reed. That would be a huge step from her character.

I'm somewhat curious how you can deny Cersei being Melara's death in the face of strongly implied evidence while coming up with your totally unsupported hypothesis that Cersei was the CoLT. If Melara's death was in the tent it had to be Cersei, otherwise her death was the well, which was not in the tent.

to be honest, the way you judge cersei on murdering her is a little bit like cat judge tyrion on bran and cersei judge tyrion on joff. 

Oh, it looks so real! She is a bad person! She has motivation because Melara wanted to marry jaime! The witch said death is close! Must be cersei! 

There is no firm proof for that. Even cersei herself did not think about her murdering her. Only her cries in the well and her accusing eyes. But cersei remembered her as her last friend. What cersei remembered after so many years were her cries. Not how she pushed her into the well. (Like you imagined). Both can to be explained as cersei stood by and did not try to help. 

I really did not see why it is so firm about this. Cersei was 10 years old at that time. She turned to a terrible person after over 20 years. So? 

You need more proof to persuade me about the murdering. 

Most of the murderers are not murderers at their 10 year old. 

to be honest, the way you judge cersei on murdering her is a little bit like cat judge tyrion on bran and cersei judge tyrion on joff. 

Oh, it looks so real! She is a bad person! She has motivation because Melara wanted to marry jaime! The witch said death is close! Must be cersei! 

There is no firm proof for that. Even cersei herself did not think about her murdering her. Only her cries in the well and her accusing eyes. But cersei remembered her as her last friend. What cersei remembered after so many years were her cries. Not how she pushed her into the well. (Like you imagined). Both can to be explained as cersei stood by and did not try to help. 

I really did not see why it is so firm about this. Cersei was 10 years old at that time. She turned to a terrible person after over 20 years. So? 

You need more proof to persuade me about the murdering. 

Most of the murderers are not murderers at their 10 year old. 

What we know is that Cersei had motive (she was angry at Melara) she had opportunity (she was there), and she had means (the well was there) as evidence for her being Melara's murderer. These three items are from the text.

Furthermore, we know that she forced Maggy to give the reading by threatening to have Lannister guardsmen whip her, and when she left the threw the ingredients of a potion into Maggy's eyes. This gives a real look into her inner self, and it isn't a pretty picture.

On the other hand there is no support for her being the CoLT. She had no reason to want to humiliate the squires or to avenge the indignities to Howland (no motive). Nobody saw her at Harrenhall (Cersei's ego wouldn't have let her stay unrecognized), so no opportunity. And means? She had only the amount of training she could get while she could pass for Jaime, which was only when they were very young children.  

That's three strikes. 

Pot status: cracked.

Though I for one would enjoy a Lyanna versus Cersei showdown.  It can be the undercard for Cleganebowl.  

Where can I buy tickets?

I saw this on app and I was surprised. 

"Occasionally cersei dons Jiame's clothes and take lessons from master at arms in the stead of Jaime, and no one recognized."

So cersei also trained secretly with weapons, like lyanna. 

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that this probably was pre-puberty Cercei/Jaime. Maybe she knows some basics, but I would like to believe that the Master at Arms would notice once they got past a certain age. 

Also, Cersei was in King's Landing at court when she was mid teens. (Tywin does the switcheroo with the twins. When Jaime becomes a Kingsguard to stay near Cersei, Tywin takes Cersei back to Casterly Rock when he quits as hand.) I think someone took that passage from Sansa's Chapter and elaborated. Why would such a mystery be revealed by a blurb in the app? It would be out of left field. Furthermore, there is no reason for Cersei to repress a memory of doing that. The KotLT was a badass mystery knight (take some notes, Dunk). It's not traumatizing like killing your childhood playmate.

Also, why did Rhaegar give Lyanna the crown of Winter roses? Why did he consider her at all if he didn't know something that let him project his Visenya-come-again waifu image on her?

It's kind of interesting that in the the same thread the OP argues for a way out there theory that's supported by nearly nothing in the text, then defends another counterintuitive interpretation of an event that's heavily implied in the text on the basis that it isn't explicitly written in the text.

It's kind of interesting that in the the same thread the OP argues for a way out there theory that's supported by nearly nothing in the text, then defends another counterintuitive interpretation of an event that's heavily implied in the text on the basis that it isn't explicitly written in the text.

because cersei is kolt is a crackpot to make fun, I did not say it is true. It can not be true. Just some interesting little facts from app. Which I feel fun to share. Like cersei get weapon training. 

But if we get serious on the murdering of melaea, then u do not think so. 

because cersei is kolt is a crackpot to make fun, I did not say it is true. It can not be true. Just some interesting little facts from app. Which I feel fun to share. Like cersei get weapon training. 

But if we get serious on the murdering of melaea, then u do not think so. 

Gotcha. Can we at least agree that Cersei being responsible for the death of Maid Hetherspoon is heavily implied in the text?

Archived