Inside the wall

Shane snow

Excuse me if this has been brought up before. I tried seaching but wasn't sure what to search for. I kno there are theories that the others created the wall and I was wondering if there are any hints about the wall actually holding something. Like it's not actually a wall to hold anything in but really the others original fortress  and there is something hidden inside that they want.

id also like to add that when they say watchers on the wall that maybe they don't mean literally they are on the wall but that they watch over the wall keepin something from the others

id also like to add that when they say watchers on the wall that maybe they don't mean literally they are on the wall but that they watch over the wall keepin something from the others

Just wanted to point out the oath says watchers on the walls. Makes you wonder if there were other walls or if they had to guard from the south at one point. 

The others didn't make the wall, it protects the realm from them the magic in it won't allow them to pass it 

Do we know that for a fact though?  That is the legend that has always been passed down, but as Sam started to uncover (and GRRM hinted at)...history may not always be what it seems.  Besides, The Others have never appeared anywhere near the wall in ASOIAF....how do we even know that's the case?  A magical ice wall to keep out magical ice creatures just doesn't seem to make sense to me.

Everything we know about The Wall and The Others is passed down history from 10,000 year old tales.  I have a strong suspicion that we will learn very soon what is true and what is false with Westeros's passed down history.

Just wanted to point out the oath says watchers on the walls. Makes you wonder if there were other walls or if they had to guard from the south at one point. 

this probably means castle walls because the NW was around the before the wall was built. Back during the LN The NW probably consisted of every castle and kingdom in westerose and wasn't an independent organization in the north.

this probably means castle walls because the NW was around the before the wall was built. Back during the LN The NW probably consisted of every castle and kingdom in westerose and wasn't an independent organization in the north.

Catle Black and the other Castles are on the south side of tge wall so the Wall protects them.

Archived