Crusade of Kings 2 - GOT Mod

DirewolfDubz

Just stumbled across this by chance and I am looking to find out a few things.
1 - What is required to play this game, Is it PC/ Laptop and does it have to have certain things your PC/Laptop
2 - Is it straight forward enough getting the GOT Mod because its the only reason I would buy the game
3 - Is it worth me getting involved with, Looks as if it could definetly be worth it

Thanks Caspoi, I reckon it would take me time to understand and play it etc, but as long as the mod works I reckon I would definetly be up trying it out anyway, Reading peoples stories and it sounds good

You're welcome, it is an excellent mod to an excellent game.

Just wondering again I am looking online at different places to get the game and buy the key some are less than 10 dollars? do you think that should be alright? It says Crusade of kings 2 so it should be fine?

Should be, the modder have made it a praxis of making it avaivable without any DLC or such.

Should be, the modder have made it a praxis of making it avaivable without any DLC or such.

Sorry to be a pest mate, Just wondering if you can help out I got the game got started as Robb Stark now I cant seem to send my men to battle? I am watching tutorials online and people playing and they are clicking the map making a box round there army and then an arrow appears leading to the enemy but on mines it doesn't seem to be doing that? I am lost hahaha anychance you can help out, Thanks

If you are asking how to raise your armies then there are two ways of doing so:

1. You could do this individually by clicking on the individual provinces and press the "raise levy" button.

2. you could go to the military screen, go to the levies part and press "raise levy", doing so for all provinces.

If you are asking how to direct the men you simply left click on an army (or draw a rectangular field with your mouse that includes the army, great way of sending multiple armies at once) and right click on the province you want to send it to, if there is an enemy there (or any way along the way) then they will enage each other when in the same province.

Of course make sure that you "can" go there, your soldiers can't go on water and even if you press on a lake in the province or some mountains they won't move.

The Clash of Kings benchmark got changed in a recent update and moved to after the Blackwater for some crazy reason. Used to be you could wait for Renly to be assassinated, then marry Margaery, at which point the Reach would come in on your side and you'd basically instantly won the War of The Five Kings. Now she starts off married to Joffrey and you start off married to Roslin Frey. Only way to change it is to set a custom start date, which negates the whole War plotline.

I recommend playing as Jeyne Arryn at the Rogue Prince start date, that's some great fun there.

That mod as has taken up 300 hours of my life. This game has taken up 800 hours of it. It is the best video game ever made. 

It is even far greater than Civilizations. 

There is a steep and long learning curve. But it is worth it. 

Anyone knows if they finally integrated the Cuman face pack in the genetic diversity of Essos?

Also, not exactly ASoIaF related, but info has been leaked about a new content pack for CK2, apparently we're getting South Indian faces.

Playing Medieval II has ruined CK2 for me, as the combat is so lame. But whenever I play Medieval II I desperately miss the non-combat mechanics of CK2. Life is pain.

Seriously, this is a good mod. My favourite campaigns would be Aegon's Conquest (as Aegon or any of the kings he first faces) and AFFC (as Stannis). On the fence about the vassal mechanics as their independence is a bit annoying, but understandable for the sake of making it like the story.

How do you send people to the Iron Islands to battle?

Raise ships, board units, land on an unoccupied territory, wait for your morale to go back up, proceed to siege/move on to attack the Ironborn army.

Archived