Crusade of Kings 2 - GOT Mod

DirewolfDubz

CK2 is frequently on sale on steam, -75%, for everything. So, even if you pick up the base game, do keep track, most of the DLC is quite good.

Another fun thing to do in Westeros and Essos is play the Clash of Kings Mod for Warband.

I should note, I only buy Paradox games on Steam because I once ran into some insanely stupid programming issue with a content pack I bought on some other site for EU3, but they were 32bit execs that I could not make run on a 64bit OS. Ya, they did that. Oblivion had that for some of their DLC as well, but universal extractors could fix that. Steam just takes all the guess work out of Paradox products.

It might be worth getting some of the DLC's while they are on sale, as they also unlock mechanics in the mod.

Oooooh boy. Dothraki hordes using the Nomad mechanic from Horse Lords! This'll be fun!

No, it won't, it'll be absolutely terrible because nomads are 100% broken.

That's for the replies helped alot haha! one more question how do you go about marrying off your siblings or heirs to other high born people so say sansa to quentyn or something along those lines? Because I am guessing you can't just do it from the start? 

click on Doran Martell tgen click arrange marriage or arange Bethroal which u will have to do to arrange a marriage with Sansa

any help u need direct message me I play the game too much lol 

Best mod ever for the best game ever.  I have learned so much history from the un-modded version of the game.

The GoT mod can be played without any DLC, but all the DLC enhances the mod in some ways…but if you are wanting to play a typical Westeros faction and don't care about being able to take salt wives as Ironborn or playing as one of the Free Cities, it's perfectly playable without them.

That's for the replies helped alot haha! one more question how do you go about marrying off your siblings or heirs to other high born people so say sansa to quentyn or something along those lines? Because I am guessing you can't just do it from the start? 

Sansa is not in your Court at game start (she is in Kingslanding) but generally speaking you can either marry of your courtiers by right clicking and going "arrange marriage" or leftclicking on the ring button to the left of their portraits in the character menu.

I cant find the mod on steam any help?

It does not exist on steam but you should be able to find it on the internet.

1. A relatively good PC should be able to handle it

2. Straightforward as in installing the mod, might take a bit longer time to actually learn to play it.

3. If you are a fan of strategy games then it certainly is.

I played it on a crappy computer before the way of life update. After the way of life update. I used my laptop as the crappy computer ran to slow. CK2 doesn't require a good graphics card so most comps will run it just fine.

Just wondering if anyone knows how to play as Mance or Jaime? and I started one with Aegon during the Conquest just wondering how I get my men off dragonstone across the water into kingslanding, and while I'm here haha say for instance I am Robert during the Greyjoy rebellion and Ned Tywin and Stannis take up arms and are fighting the Greyjoys can I move there men or merge them with my own? Thanks

Just wondering if anyone knows how to play as Mance or Jaime? and I started one with Aegon during the Conquest just wondering how I get my men off dragonstone across the water into kingslanding, and while I'm here haha say for instance I am Robert during the Greyjoy rebellion and Ned Tywin and Stannis take up arms and are fighting the Greyjoys can I move there men or merge them with my own? Thanks

A few helpful things thought id post here for everyone instead of your PM

ok so first off to find a character you can do a few things click on the region they are at the point in the story u are playing like in the newest game Mance can be found when you click on Stannis Baratheon then choose ( COURT ) this shows everyone Stannis has at court as well as his prisoners so this is where you would find Mance

If you chose to play the war of the five kings which is the game option before the newest one you would find Mance by clicking on White Tree which is directly above Castle Black or you can click on any land holder north of the wall and when you go into there player card there overloard will be Mance. In this very same game if you choose Robb Stark and go in his player card and select Court you will see Jamie Lannister as his prisoner.

Now the easiest and fastest way to find a character is in the bottom right corner of the page you will find a box which in its bottom right corner there is a symbol of 2 heads when u hover over it you see find characters pops up here you can find any guy you want

Now once you fiind the guys you would like to be you have to do this

press the (  ` ) button once you do this a box pops up in the right here you enter codes

first code you wanna enter is foe this gets rid of the fog so you can see lol

then type charinfo 1  - Once you type this it allows you to get more info on players when you hover over the characters

After you get new character info you are able to get the character ID which you need to choose them

now when you are in the box by pressing the  ( ` ) type in the character ID then typethe word play

example i am Robb Stark in the war of the five kings i type    174347 play

you are now playing as Mance Rayder

3190 play   - you are now Jamie Lannister

other cool things you can do are move characters into your court by pressing move then the code

so im Robb Stark i press move 1002059 i now have Jon Snow in my court and have the ability to marry him to a potential ally except he has the trait black brother so he cannnot marry so now i do this remove_trait nightswatch 1002059 Jon is now free to marry except he is a bastard i can legitimize him in the game at times or cheat and do it by pressing add_trait legit_bastard 1002059 then remove_trait bastard 1002059 this makes Jon Robbs direct heir and will allow Robb to gain a powerful ally by marrying Jon to the likes of Arriane Martell. but his is cheating of course lol

On ‎15‎/‎01‎/‎2016 at 4:56 PM, Daemon Blackfyre IV said:

A few helpful things thought id post here for everyone instead of your PM

ok so first off to find a character you can do a few things click on the region they are at the point in the story u are playing like in the newest game Mance can be found when you click on Stannis Baratheon then choose ( COURT ) this shows everyone Stannis has at court as well as his prisoners so this is where you would find Mance

If you chose to play the war of the five kings which is the game option before the newest one you would find Mance by clicking on White Tree which is directly above Castle Black or you can click on any land holder north of the wall and when you go into there player card there overloard will be Mance. In this very same game if you choose Robb Stark and go in his player card and select Court you will see Jamie Lannister as his prisoner.

Now the easiest and fastest way to find a character is in the bottom right corner of the page you will find a box which in its bottom right corner there is a symbol of 2 heads when u hover over it you see find characters pops up here you can find any guy you want

Now once you fiind the guys you would like to be you have to do this

press the (  ` ) button once you do this a box pops up in the right here you enter codes

first code you wanna enter is foe this gets rid of the fog so you can see lol

then type charinfo 1  - Once you type this it allows you to get more info on players when you hover over the characters

After you get new character info you are able to get the character ID which you need to choose them

now when you are in the box by pressing the  ( ` ) type in the character ID then typethe word play

example i am Robb Stark in the war of the five kings i type    174347 play

you are now playing as Mance Rayder

3190 play   - you are now Jamie Lannister

other cool things you can do are move characters into your court by pressing move then the code

so im Robb Stark i press move 1002059 i now have Jon Snow in my court and have the ability to marry him to a potential ally except he has the trait black brother so he cannnot marry so now i do this remove_trait nightswatch 1002059 Jon is now free to marry except he is a bastard i can legitimize him in the game at times or cheat and do it by pressing add_trait legit_bastard 1002059 then remove_trait bastard 1002059 this makes Jon Robbs direct heir and will allow Robb to gain a powerful ally by marrying Jon to the likes of Arriane Martell. but his is cheating of course lol

Thanks this helped a lot, Got it up and running just trying to get used to it now haha!

I always play created characters in the early years (before the Dance of the Dragons.)

Right now I'm trying to recreate the Valyrian Freehold with a High Valyrian dynasty in the Rhoyne area (colonized Ny Sar and Ghoyan Drohe and now have like 12k levy, plus dragons.) Funny thing, all Valyrians from Westeros got conquered and now I have Targaryens, Caltigars, Velaryons et al in my court.

I recently started campaign starting with Clash of Kings.

I took fan favorite Gerold Dayne aka Darkstar as PC and then hilarity begun, I asked to marry Cersei and to my surprise Joffrey was elated, I started marrying my bastards to the major families, heir and second children, and they all were cool with it. I assassinated Edric and Allyria and got Starfall. I had great relations with Doran and Arienne, as Doran dyed soon, and got Blackmonts as vassals.

I was fighting for Dorne in the war for Dornish Marches with Stormlands and then message comes to me from Iron Bank saying Arienne didn't pay debt and I can be Lord Paramount if I accept to pay after. I got 200 gold and fucking awesome merc army and at the same time Mace Tyrell lays claim to the Dornish Marches and his army attacks Dornish one and Arienne dies. As my bastard daughter was married to son of Willas I call Tyrells in war for Dorne and win it easily, all Dornish forces got killed in Marches.

Daughter of Margaery and late Joffrey becomes queen and kicks Varys from court and I invite him and put him as spymaster. My heir with Cersei, whom I named Arthur, is then betrothed to Margaery. I then proceed to assassin half the lords in Dorne and give the titles to my bastards, I now have like 24 of living bastards, concubines system for the win. Tywin dies and as Jaime and Tyrion, and his children, are already dead Cersei gets Westerlands with Tommen as heir but Tommen gets assassinated by me to put Arthur as heir. But then I see option to steal spouses title and it goes smoothly so I am now Lord of Dorne and Westerlands.

So from High Hermitage to lordship of 2 out of 7 kingdoms in less then 15 years by the sequence of the unbelievable events, and lots of seducing and assassinating.

On January 14, 2016 at 10:29 AM, Sullen said:

Raise ships, board units, land on an unoccupied territory, wait for your morale to go back up, proceed to siege/move on to attack the Ironborn army.

And once you have captured a holding in a coastal province, you can park your ships there and you don't have to lose morale to de-board.  I'll often scout out a coastal province with a small garrison and send an elite invasion force with strong commanders with morale and siege bonuses to take that, and then send the rest of my ships there once I can deboard without having to wade through morale-sapping water.

And if you have Old Gods, the Ironborn can navigate the rivers, too.  And capture Valyrian Swords and salt wives.  I saw screenshots of a guy who had pretty much every female character in the series as salt wives.

Cheat codes are a load of fun, and it's neat how the traits can effect the personalities of the characters, sometimes to surprising effect.  Until the last version, Catelyn had both Wroth and Family Person, which had the un-book-like effect that she was constantly plotting assassinations to promote her family - almost every game, she'd have her brother Edmure assassinated so that Robb could become king of the Riverlands.  One time, as a joke, I used cheat codes to make Robert B. and Ned Stark homosexual.  Because they had such good relations with each other, they became lovers, and Robert was plotting to kill Cersei (with virtually no chance as nobody else was on-board with the plot), and Ned divorced Catelyn.  I cheated Ned enough money to hire a faceless man to kill Cersei so the two could be together.

Oh, a big tip that has helped me - pause frequently when in a war, and don't speed it up to more than two or three clicks most in gamespeed if there's any chance an unfriendly levy might come up by you.  On the siege and battle resolution screens, click the little box in the lower right and you can change the game so it automatically pauses whenever you win or lose a battle, a real life saver.  When you see an enemy unit moving towards one of your provinces, you can pause and click it to see what date they will arrive, but be aware that if they have less than 100% morale, that date will move closer as their morale improves.  If you see that doom stack is going to be in Duskendale on April 10 and the soonest you can get out of that province is April 12, it's best to dismiss the levy, even if you lose half of the men because you are outside your territory or there are too many enemy units around, unless you really think you have a chance to win.  Even if you know you will lose most of your men from getting rid of the unit, if you are certain to lose it's better to lose them that way than to let the enemy improve their war score and prestige by beating them in battle.

Oh, another thing to do if you have an unbeatable army bearing down on you is to reorganize the stack that's about to be killed into smaller stacks and check and see if any of them can get out in time.  Sometimes a whole stack of 3000 or so might take two weeks to get out of a province, but if you split it up and make a horse-heavy unit and put morale and speed boosting commander on it, you can get them out before the rest…that way the ones who can escape can escape, and dismiss the ones that can't make it out in time.

Archived