College Basketball 2016: Wide Open on the Way to March

Rhom

So, it's been a while...

George Washington has mostly righted itself after a pretty disastrous start to conference play, including a nice road win against VCU over the weekend. I'd say they're on the bubble right now, but can certainly play themselves to a decent NCAA seed. Or could fall out entirely. I'm not sure how it will go.

Buffalo is also looking better after a bad start to conference play (although they did lose to Toledo last night). Right now they are in line for the #3 seed for the MAC tournament, giving them a two-round bye; which obviously would help enormously. But there's a lot of games left and not much separation between most of the teams, other than Akron at the top. Buffalo could definitely get the #2 seed, the three-round bye it comes with, and would then be just two wins away from making the NCAA tournament for the second time ever and second year in a row.

2 hours ago, Fez said:

So, it's been a while...

George Washington has mostly righted itself after a pretty disastrous start to conference play, including a nice road win against VCU over the weekend. I'd say they're on the bubble right now, but can certainly play themselves to a decent NCAA seed. Or could fall out entirely. I'm not sure how it will go.

It was a really good win for GW and will pair really well with UVA and Seaton Hall. They just need to avoid any more bad losses (SLU and Depaul) and maybe beat St Joe's tonight.

ISU at Texas Tech just got really interesting.  Nader just intentionally fouled Gray on a run out, so Tech is shooting 2 FTs and will get the ball.  Tech is currently down 3 with 1:25 to go.

ETA: Tech ties it up after going 3-6 from the FT line.  Now ISU has the ball with 22 sec on the shot clock and 24.4 on the game clock.

3 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

ISU at Texas Tech just got really interesting.  Nader just intentionally fouled Gray on a run out, so Tech is shooting 2 FTs and will get the ball.  Tech is currently down 3 with 1:25 to go.

ETA: Tech ties it up after going 3-6 from the FT line.  Now ISU has the ball with 22 sec on the shot clock and 24.4 on the game clock.

You guys are gonna win this thing again.  I'll be damned. :lol:

16 hours ago, Rhom said:

First... Stop getting your NCAA buddies to ban my picture!  That stomp was clearly showing up when I posted it!!!  :tantrum: 

Second... Trey Lyles didn't punch anyone!!!  His hand clearly went too high when trying to get position for a rebound.  I consider that the play that cost us the game, so its still too bitter for me to think about.  (At that moment, Wisconsin was gassed and hanging their heads.  You could tell they were beat.  Lyles gets called for the foul while going for position, and the refs decide to check to see if its a flagrant.  While they go to the monitor, the Badgers get a free 5 minutes to rest.  Then there's the decision not to call it flagrant and the chip on their shoulder is set.  Throw in a shot clock violation that wasn't called as a make up and the stage was set.)  :bang: 

that's what I was going to ask - which picture was it? 

I agree - that turned the game for them.  At least this time I didn't pull out the Laettner video.  Funny thing is, watching the video of the Allen trip I'm not sure that kid wouldn't have tripped over him even without the help.

They've got another big one coming up - Saturday versus Virginia.  The only reason they have any shot is because it is at Cameron but even that isn't a great chance.

12 hours ago, Ded As Ned said:

I'm pretty sure Trey Lyles got suspended for the rest of his collegiate career for that ;)

I know - they're NEVER going to let him play another game in the NCAA again.  That I admit is a little harsh....

aTm and LSU both lost and Kentucky plays at USCe on Saturday.  It'll take a bit of road work, but the stage is set for the Cats to steal back the SEC regular season.  If they can do that and don't flame out early in the SEC tourney, I think they could sneak back in as a three seed to the big tourney.  Which would have been unthinkable a couple weeks ago.

And as long as I'm dreaming, can I request Villanova's bracket?!!? :lol:

10 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Praise God almighty!  The great injustice of our times has been rectified!!!

Thursday/Friday games will once again be referred to as the first round!!!

Thank goodness.  I always hated it when they called them rounds 2/3.  I guess I wasn't the only one.  We can all sleep easier now.

8 hours ago, Rhom said:

And as long as I'm dreaming, can I request Villanova's bracket?!!? :lol:

Ha, that's what I'm hoping for too. Uconn to get in as a 7 or 8 seed and have Nova as a "scary" one or two seed. Also glad they went back to the first round being the first round, I guess they finally listened to the masses.

Laettner.  The one atrocity on the original dream team (and the only member not in the hall of fame, I'll point out.  Picked over the likes of Shaq and Alonzo Morning).  

I'll be watching OU-KU this weekend, hoping it lives up to the first game (and won't be sad if KU's reign of terror comes to an end).

Also wouldn't be sad to find UK in 'Nova's bracket in March.  I think this year's tourney is going to be madness that lives up to the billing.  Wouldn't be surprised if no #1 seeds make it to the final 4.

And Uconn chokes away a 12 point lead with 5 minutes to go. I just don't get this fucking team.

Chance to tie and Purvis instantly double dribbles. Fucking petrified. 

Holy shit Adams just tried a behind the back pass and threw it straight out of bounds with 10 seconds. 21-4 run to end the game and Temple sweeps us. What the hell did I just watch?

8 hours ago, sperry said:

OU vs. KU on Saturday. That game more than likely decides whether KU's Big XII rein of terror will end or not.

If we want to win the conference outright, we have to win in Norman.  But even with a loss on Saturday, I feel confident about a share of the title, because all of the top teams in the league will lose at least one more game.

Archived