College Basketball 2016: Wide Open on the Way to March

Rhom

2 minutes ago, Ded As Ned said:

Crap Temple-Memphis is the 2nd game???  I was looking forward to watching UCONN-Temple.  It still seems weird every time I realize Jim Cheney isn't coaching them anymore (for many years now, I guess I'm old).  I too miss the old Big East.  Such a shame.  Glad your boys had the legs to pull it out!  You think you have to win tomorrow to get in?

Yeah, they played at 3 today. I think we're safe to get in unless Memphis absolutely destroys us. We beat them twice already so that kinda scares me but this team is finally playing with some damn confidence which is very nice to see. 

Wow.  The whistles are really taking over here in the past 2-3 minutes of the KU-WVU game.  The husband/guy that was with the breast feeder yesterday is in the same seat, but she and the kids aren't there tonight.  Looks like he brought a buddy instead :lol: 

MSU will face Purdue in the Big Ten finals. This is MSU's 4th Big10 finals in 5 yrs and they've been playing decently recently, although Izzo is claiming they coasted down the stretch against Maryland . So noone was getting backpats today in that locker room. Fully expect Purdue to fall as this Spartan team will be motivated to avenge their last meeting which Purdue was able to pull out a close late game win, MSU's last loss and Izzo's not going to let them forget for one second.

12 minutes ago, Ramsay Blow said:

Devin is in pure beast mode. Setting up for a decent finish.

I thought it was going to be tighter than that too, but our defense really clamped down there at the end.  Great win, 14 in a row. 

2 hours ago, Ded As Ned said:

Buffalo makes it to the Big Dance! 

I bet Fez is excited!

1 hour ago, Triskan said:

Bilas just said during the UVA v. UNC broadcast that if Oregon beats #12 Utah tonight they should be a 1 seed.  They have the #3 RPI in the nation.  I sure did not see that coming this year whether they get that or a 2 seed. 

They were doing such dirty things to Utah that I had to change the channel.

1 hour ago, Triskan said:

In news that goes pretty much in the opposite direction, can we remark on just what a horrific season UCLA had in Alford's 3rd season?  15-17 with three big losses to USC.  Here's SB Nation on some statistical support for how bad this year was.  10  Reasons  Why Steve Alford is the Worst UCLA Coach Ever

That's hilarious.

10 hours ago, Ded As Ned said:

Buffalo makes it to the Big Dance! 

8 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

I bet Fez is excited!

Simply amazing stuff. Since last year, they lost their coach, one player left with him, three players graduated, and three players were kicked off the team due to a dorm theft incident. I don't know what happened to a couple other guys, but there's only three players on the team who were there last year. Everyone else is a freshman or a transfer. And the coach, this is his first year as head coach outside of a high school.

But they made it. There were some big dips along the way, but they pulled together, won just enough to get a good seed in the MAC tournament (the bye system there is truly unbalanced), and three games in three nights. For the second year in a row, and second time ever, they made it. And we're already talking about roadtripping again to see them play; all depends on where they get seeded.

Also important to note, the women's team also won the MAC and will be in the women's NCAA tournament for their first time ever.

16 hours ago, Ramsay Blow said:

Devin is in pure beast mode. Setting up for a decent finish.

Yea he had an incredible game.  I felt a little bad for him, he had the game of a lifetime and if any one of our guards had stepped up and had half the game that Dev had it might have been a different result.  WVU had a pretty bad shooting night after shooting well against OU.  That is going to be our biggest tourney limitation.  We really need guys like Paige and Williams and Carter to not have any quiet nights and contribute meaningful points in every game.  That is the difference between Kansas and WVU, consistency.  It isn't as if WVU never has a good shooting night because we wouldn't have gotten this far otherwise, but if we could shoot well with the game to game consistency of a team like Kansas we'd be damn near unstoppable.   

Oh well, that is life.  Would have been nice to win for sure and congrats to Kansas.  They are a difficult team to beat.  Fucking Graham, I'm tired of that guy and I wish he was graduating or something.  Should've stuck Daxter Miles into him like they did to Heild.  Seems like he nailed every open look.  Selden had another nice game too.  

A loss shouldn't be the worst thing, hopefully it brings some focus for a deep run next week.  And hoping they don't put us in the same bracket as Texas.  

Congrats to St Joe's. Awesome play from them. They shot 65% from the field, had 20 assists to 5 turnovers and just dominated. I wouldn't want to face them in the tournament. Tough team.

VCU now sweats. They should make the tournament but no guarantee.

1 hour ago, S John said:

Yea he had an incredible game.  I felt a little bad for him, he had the game of a lifetime and if any one of our guards had stepped up and had half the game that Dev had it might have been a different result.  WVU had a pretty bad shooting night after shooting well against OU.  That is going to be our biggest tourney limitation.  We really need guys like Paige and Williams and Carter to not have any quiet nights and contribute meaningful points in every game.  That is the difference between Kansas and WVU, consistency.  It isn't as if WVU never has a good shooting night because we wouldn't have gotten this far otherwise, but if we could shoot well with the game to game consistency of a team like Kansas we'd be damn near unstoppable.   

Oh well, that is life.  Would have been nice to win for sure and congrats to Kansas.  They are a difficult team to beat.  Fucking Graham, I'm tired of that guy and I wish he was graduating or something.  Should've stuck Daxter Miles into him like they did to Heild.  Seems like he nailed every open look.  Selden had another nice game too.  

A loss shouldn't be the worst thing, hopefully it brings some focus for a deep run next week.  And hoping they don't put us in the same bracket as Texas.  

:lol:  That's how I felt about Williams last night, and I even looked up to see what year he is.  Dammit, he's only a junior! :tantrum: 

Graham's only a sophomore ;) 

Archived