How to Hide Spoilers on the forum?

DirewolfDubz

Don't know how to hide spoilers on the forum? Looking for help

The eye icon in the posting interface also creates a spoiler tag, like so:

Hidden Content

Just to clarify what Zizoz stated -- on this new platform, the spoiler button (the eye) can be used to hide text by highlighting the text, and then clicking on the eye button. I don't believe the prior platform had this button, so the [ spoiler ] [ /spoiler ] text needed to be used, but on this platform, the eye button appears to be a more reliable way to hide text in a spoiler box.

• 1 year later...
On 14/01/2016 at 5:10 AM, UnmaskedLurker said:

Just to clarify what Zizoz stated -- on this new platform, the spoiler button (the eye) can be used to hide text by highlighting the text, and then clicking on the eye button. I don't believe the prior platform had this button, so the [ spoiler ] [ /spoiler ] text needed to be used, but on this platform, the eye button appears to be a more reliable way to hide text in a spoiler box.

what eye button?

7 hours ago, Castellan said:

what eye button?

I have not been to this site in a while and just happened to check in today and saw that about 7 hours ago, Castellan quoted something I wrote almost two years ago. How did you even find this thread (rhetorical question -- no need to answer).

To try to answer your question, the "eye button" is a button on the toolbar that appears above this text box. In other words, while I am typing in this text area (the toolbar only appears while someone it typing in this area), there is a tool bar that appears above the text area -- the buttons start with "I U" (for bold, italics and underline), the next set of buttons are symbols -- the first is a supposed to look like two links from a chain (to symbolize inserting a link), the next button is a closed quotation mark (looks sort of like this -- " and used to put text into a quote box), the next button is a set of "carrot-style" brackets (looks sort of like this -- <> and used to insert code), the next button is a smiley face (used to insert emoticons) and the next button looks like a human eye (an oval with a filled-in circle inside and used to make text "hidden content"). After the eye button, there are a number of other styling buttons (I won't continue to bore you with a description of the remainder of the buttons -- hopefully by now, you tried to type something in the text area at the bottom of the screen and found the toolbar, including the eye button).

So the "eye" button can be used by highlighting text (typically by using the mouse to move the cursor to the beginning of the passage, holding down the button on the mouse and moving to the end of the passage and then releasing the button on the mouse -- there probably are other ways to highlight text as well but I think that approach is most common), and with the text appearing on the screen as highlighted text (don't click anywhere else in the text box as such an action will "un-highlight" the highlighted text), using the mouse to move the cursor over the "eye" button and clicking the button on the mouse to activate the hidden content feature. The highlighted text should become hidden content that can be seen only by clicking within it (by using the mouse to move the cursor over the hidden content box (which will become a hand) and clicking the button on the mouse).

I hope that helped -- let me know if you have any follow-up questions (although I cannot promise when I will see it as I might not be back here that soon as there is not much interest on this board at this time for obvious reasons).

Either way -- please let me know how it goes, as I am curious whether I have been able to answer your question.

Archived