Varys Orchestrated the Kidnapping of Tyrek to Use Him against House Lannister when the Time Was Right for Aegon to Assert His Claim

Lost Melnibonean

I think she'll die and it won't have been Varys's plan. I mean yes she is a valuable marriage pawn. But the best laid plans can go awry, and I think at least one child character will succumb to a good old fashioned winter chill. Or general virus type child death senslesness. That said I've often pondered her being poisoned by her own side in order to prevent her use as a bride. Her own mother being my prime suspect in that scenario. as we know how she resented that being her own fate. She may well feel it better than a forced bride. 

Yeap, Sybell's grandma said Cerei would watch her babes die, right? 

Well, I'd wager you'd find good old Tyrek in some good old bowl of brown somewhere in Flea Bottom. But that's perhaps a little bit boing theorywise

Then why would the author keep raising it? Is he just trolling his readers? 

I'm not sure that he would even have to kidnap Tyrek. I've always wondered if Tyrek resented being used as a political pawn and and saddled with an infant bride and the nickname "wetnurse" and decided to seek his cast his fortune in a different direction either of his own volition or with minimal prodding.

I'm not sure that he would even have to kidnap Tyrek. I've always wondered if Tyrek resented being used as a political pawn and and saddled with an infant bride and the nickname "wetnurse" and decided to seek his cast his fortune in a different direction either of his own volition or with minimal prodding.

A son of a second son, he was given a lordship. Why abandon the babe? 

Yes, indeed why would you disappear. You're on the cusp of adolescence, which is this era means adulthood you are a member of arguably the most powerful family in the lands, you've been recently awarded a Lordship, with a descent estate, and though your bride is an infant. This means you get to basically mould her into the ideal wife. She's stuck with you and will grow her whole life knowing you are her Lord & husband. This basically means you get to tell her nurse, her Septa ect exactly what you want her to like, learn, do for fun ect. You get your ideal woman. Gross I know but there you have it. Plus you don't need to be concerned with having to have sex with her for like a decade and a half, meaning you get to spend your youth fucking whores, keeping a mistress and generally having fun without any repercussions. As realistically in those times a man with a wife he can not have sex with was more or less expected to discreetly get his rocks off elsewhere.

So what if you get teased a bit whilst she is small. The perfect come back is sooooo where's your castle. Oh what's that you don't have one. Hahahaha! 

No he didn't just run away. 

• 3 months later...

I agree.

Tyrek as puppet lord of casterly rock makes no sense.

On the other hand, Lancel already fulfilled the role of witness/accuser. Cersei already is accused of Regicide and treason, and her innocence will be decided in a trial by combat. It makes no sense to bring the whole affair back with a another character playing lancel.

The one other thing that makes Tyrek special is that he is a lord Hayford

Between Rosby, and Stakworth.. and now Hayford,Cersei may be facing rebellion in the crownlands itself (and we know the importance of these lands to feed KL during war)

Archived