Mancunicon - EasterCon 2016

williamjm

5 minutes ago, Pebbles said:

Yes but if I was to name someone for the hell of it.   I might go with    Mr Floppy Sausage,      

I.... don't know how to even begin to respond to that. Damn this trying not to brag thing!

Also, for his Helsinki badge, you named him Mr Pebble. 

6 minutes ago, TitanCat said:

I.... don't know how to even begin to respond to that. Damn this trying not to brag thing!

Also, for his Helsinki badge, you named him Mr Pebble. 

He claimed that name for himself by wanted to replace the Real Mr Pebble in his husbandly con attending duties for the duration.  I'm just letting him, and making sure he does it right.     Please ask him to practice his aim when it comes to book throwing.

3 minutes ago, Pebbles said:

He claimed that name for himself by wanted to replace the Real Mr Pebble in his husbandly con attending duties for the duration.  I'm just letting him, and making sure he does it right.     Please ask him to practice his aim when it comes to book throwing.

I love the idea of your hubby coming after all, and having his badge name as The Real Mr Pebble. You should probably make this happen.

Short of Forcibly abducting him,   He won't come to any con.   I almost got him to Wert's BD, but as soon as he found out Wert was from the Internet he dropped out.

There is a small chance he may come with me to Helsinki for a few days /week but go home alone when the Con starts.

He is scared of Geeks.

But don't worry, he will be there for PebbleCon - although I'm not planning on giving out Con Badges for it.

5 minutes ago, Pebbles said:

Short of Forcibly abducting him,   He won't come to any con.   I almost got him to Wert's BD, but as soon as he found out Wert was from the Internet he dropped out.

There is a small chance he may come with me to Helsinki for a few days /week but go home alone when the Con starts.

He is scared of Geeks.

But don't worry, he will be there for PebbleCon - although I'm not planning on giving out Con Badges for it.

So sad. :(

Can we make our own Con badges?

maybe,  but this is all distracting from the topic of this thread.

Mancunicon is gonna be awesome.

and Yes I am giving MG a lift there,      there is space in the car from anyone else that wants one.    You will have to make your own way to Billericay,  and we leave at about early on Thursday morning   and leave Manchester Tuesday morning.

3 hours ago, Targh said:

I'm setting up a chat group it might be nice to try out. If it works we can use it for other cons too, perhaps. 

Requires an app, which I'm sure won't be to everyone's taste. (Edit: actually seems to work in browser too)

Click here to join: https://app.groupme.com/join_group/20488711/Ie4g90

I get a message "Whoops! There was an issue while trying to add you to the group." when I try to join the group. I'll try again later and see if it might actually work then.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll post this on the chat as well. We're going to be in Manchester on Friday night (arriving probably quite late) and leaving probably early afternoon on Saturday (we need to go to the butcher's and head to the Lake District, we're just stopping on the way).

Looking to grab a hotel today - were thinking Jury's Inn, because Pebble's mentioned that she's staying there. Not sure what entire plans are, but would be fun to stop by and say 'hi' and play a few games if anyone thinks they'll be about?

A good time is being had here at EasterCon 2016. Our very own Jo Playford is at this very moment rocking a DJ set in the main hall here at the Hilton Deansgate Hotel which is going down very well with the great and good of fandom.

The panels have been enjoyable with particular highlights being the guest of honour talks with Ian McDonald interviewed by Peadar O'Guilin yesterday and Sarah Pinborough interviewed by Ian Wates today. Very funny and entertaining as always.

Two more days to go, more games and good times with friends. Wish you were all here, happy Easter!

Crap! Had an amazing time, but didn't get to say goodbye properly to most people because reasons. Hope you all enjoyed yourselves as much as I did. Hope Pebble won a prize for her costume. Hope the building didn't blow over, but if it did, I wish you all a swift voyage to Valhalla.

All hail! See most of you in TitanCon if not before...

Thanks Peadar,  yes I did win a prize Yummy Chocolate, (was one of three runners up).   Missed you yesterday after your Pannel, If I'd know you where vanishing so early I would have hung round to give you another hug.  - I'll just have to save that up for TitanCOn.

It was an awesome Con,   really wish I could spend more time at Cons and less at work, but hey.

Everything went well and everyone had loads of fun.  Thank you everyone for making it such a fun time.

Oh, if anyone did take photo's of me in my Armor please send my way - I forgot to give someone my camera.

I do hope MG got home safely since I left him at that service station.

Archived