Which Characters do you think were born in the wrong enviroments.

TimJames

Stannis isn't depressive, guys. He's cold and harsh, but not sad, really. Plus, he was shown to know how to laugh:

And Stannis laughed.

"You reproach yourself more than I ever could, Your Grace. You must have these great lords to win your throne—"
"Fingers and all, it seems."Stannis smiled grimly.

There is a difference between being not happy and being depressed.  If Stannis was depressed, he would probably be less driven to gain the throne, and more mopey. A depressed person can be happy with some effort.

A person that is not happy, is not going to be happy, because that is their nature. Maeseter Cressen mentions how much harder he became when his father and mother died within site of Storm's End. Smiling grimly is not happy, it may show amusement, but not happy.

Bran and Sansa (and Jeyne Poole) should've been born in the Reach, the former because he wanted to be a knight, the latter coz she wanted to hook up with one, long ago. 

Well, they were, after all, Tullys. And their enviroment (Starks from Winterfell) really didn't suppress their dreams. If he wishes, Bran could be anointed as a knight and Sansa was being educated to be a proper lady, capable of marrying a southron knight. Of course, circumstances enabled them to become either of taht, but it sure wasn't the birth.

There is a difference between being not happy and being depressed.  If Stannis was depressed, he would probably be less driven to gain the throne, and more mopey. A depressed person can be happy with some effort.

A person that is not happy, is not going to be happy, because that is their nature. Maeseter Cressen mentions how much harder he became when his father and mother died within site of Storm's End. Smiling grimly is not happy, it may show amusement, but not happy.

I know the difference. It's just that some haters may have the ridiculous idea of him being a depressed person, so i made that post to clear things out.

If Stannis was the elder brother, he'd still resent people for liking Robert more than they liked him.

I think he should have been a northman, as a second son. Then he could take the black, and be relatively satisfied in the NW.

I dont think he was concerned that people liked more Robert or Renly. In Wo5K he was angry because they chose Renly instead of supporting the rightful King. If he is older brother, he would do his duty as lord of SE, quite well I think. Robert drinking, whoring, hunting and making bunch of bastards and Renly kissing asses of nobles wouldnt mind him at all. He would certanly marry Lyanna and if Rheagar takes her, he would also go to rebellion, only problem in thos case is that Robert would defend SE and he would probably take his warhammer and smash entire Reach army, or get horribly drunk with good ol Mace and Randyll. If Stannos is older maybe rebellion would be lost, he certanly wont hide in whorehouse when JonCon comes.

Oh, certanly, he would be a good and respected lord, not like Ned but not much worse, if he is second son he would be perfect First ranger (face it, he will never be LC).

Archived