Who will be Sansa's final husband?

purple-eyes

48 minutes ago, The Weirwoods Eyes said:

Yes, that is what it kept doing with me.

#1 In regards to happy endings, well. Getting to marry your true love does not immunise you from tragedy, but equally a bitter sweet ending does not mean every single character will have some bitter and some sweet, only that some elements to the ending will be bitter, some sweet. There are many ways sansa and sandor could have some bitter and some sweet, or all bitter or all sweet, or whatever. 

#2 Personally for Brienne & Jaime I think they marry, and their wedding mirrors R+L under a weirwood. And that he ends his career fighting for a band of outlaws, mirroring how he began it fighting against one. I think he dies leaving Brienne pregnant and unable to tell the truth that her babe is a Lannister (due to the Lannister's having gone down.) and so we end with a hidden babe as we bagan with one. 

#3 I don't know re Arya & Gendry. It is there but I haven't picked their story apart enough to see where it is headed. 

And yes I think Sansa & sandor marry. I just don't know what happens after that. 

#1 Fully agreed. And it's not as if Sandor will magically get a new face. And if she marries him, I think she'll have to take a political step aside, even perhaps anonimity. And I think there's a good chance for that... no matter how much she originally yelled that she wanted to be queen, I think she'll have her belly full of political betrothals by the end, no matter how handsome the guy is.

#2 Interesting. I like it. Not sure if there is textual backing for it. But I'd love to read a worked out theory on that.

#3 Well, the interesting thing is that Arya and Gendry both tie in with the Bear-Maiden song as well. There is a lot of symbolism that Gendry unites both Smith and Warrior into him, which relates him to Wayland the Smith myth. (and Wayland the Smith is a bear myth, where the bear character is portrayed as a human). He starts out as a Bull, but in the wilderness around the lake he loses the helm (which for him embodies his warrior/knight dream), andlets go of those dreams. At HH he argues and behaves pretty much like a slave, in the way Tyrion later theorizes (exampel the slave who says his master is a good one, and he'd rather remain with his master than be free). Arya basically forces his hand to escape with her. She's going, whether he comes along or not. And he appears with both sword, mail AND hammer. So, he uniting both warrior and smith symbols. The capture by the BwB is the most interesting... it enacts the first stanzas of the bear-maiden song. Gendry is sleeping, when Arya and Hot Pie hear Tom singing. She orders Hot Pie to wake Gendry and to hide behind the wall. Tom, Anguy and Lem wonder out loud who's hiding behind the wall: a wolf, a lion, but most curiously they say before that, "a bear?". They're all lured out of hiding. Then the 3 BwB men invite them to the inn to fill their bellies. They don't want to go, don't trust it (that is Gendry and Arya), and then there is a type of mock-kill. Anguy shoots arrows, whizzing past Arya's ear. So, they accept the "invitation". On their merry way to the inn, Tom and Hot Pie sing the bear-maiden song. Next, they flush out a bird. And at the inn Arya reveals herself to be maiden Arya Stark. 

Now the bear-maiden song seems to incorporate bear-hunt folklore. Bears were magical animals. Hunting them was to be done ritualistically under specific rules by 3 hunters: they'd locate the right den, wake the bear from his sleep, lure him out, and then kill him with arrows, before carrying him like a groom to his wedding feast pretending he's still alive where a maiden was to be ritually wed to the bear. The hunters meanwhile also had to pretend to be completely innocent of any wrongdoing and even lie about their identities, scapegoating others for the kill, if the bear spirit realized he was dead... for example, Finnish hunters would say "We're from Sweden and England." At the end of the ritual feast, the bear was to burried in a grave and his spirit would be free to return to the heavens like a bird. If you hunted a bear following the rules you'd end up lucky with hunting the other game. If you hunted a bear, completely ingoring the rules (not giving him his bride, and extorting the bear, the bear could take terrible revenge, ending a bloodline altogether.

So, compare the song to the bear-hunt ritual: first they discover a bear, then they invite him to a village feast, the bear declines the invitation by saying "but I'm a bear", despite the bear's expression suddenly the 3 "boys" (how innocent they sound) and a goat (scapegoat?) dance with the bear to the fair. There seems to be a missing stanza here, how the 3 bosy convince the bear to come along with them... and that would be a stanza of them killing the bear.

Now compare again both those first events of the song and the bear-hunt ritual with the events when they get captured by the BwB: the mentioning of a bear hidden behind a wall (and it was Gendry who needed to be woken up from sleep) and the luring out, an invitation, a decline, shooting of arrows and strongarm them into accepting the invitation, their merry way with 3 men pretending to be their friends... and the 3 BwB hunters followed the ritualistic rules, because they found game immediately en route.

So, I identify Gendry as a "hidden bear" character, while Arya is his swan maiden. At the smithy we get a continuation of the enactment of the song, but Gendry does not win the play-fight. He does however "sniff" at Arya (like the bear sniffing the honey). From the start the two have had fights - first Arya challenges him into a sword duel, but they don't actually engage, because the gold cloaks arrive looking for him. Then they fight when he reveals he knows she's a girl. They fight again at the smithy. Everything comes in threes... so if they meet again, and they fight, I can see him winning the struggle and kiss her.

You may say, but he was a Bull! Well the bull embodies the same as the bear but in a different society. Bulls are symbols of virility, stubborness and strength and good harvest in agricultural civilisations. Bears are symbols of the same in hunter societies. The first belongs in the city. The second in the woods. And where is Gendry? In the woods, where a bear belongs. More, he has a home that is reminiscent of a den - Hollow Hill. What's he doing? Making swords (smith) and guarding children (warrior). Swords? Wayland the Smith is claimed to have made dozens of magical/legendry ancestral swords, including 3 related to Charlemagne. Eventually, Wayland seduces the princess and begets her with child which is the start of a new bloodline.

Yes, if you appreciate the art of story telling, and love and understand literature I doubt anything will come across as cheesey. 

A lot of people mistakenly believe that he lives to shock us, or that the sole reason for the story is to do the unexpected. But the story is really quite classic. he is a great story teller. 

19 minutes ago, sweetsunray said:

#3 Well, the interesting thing is that Arya and Gendry both tie in with the Bear-Maiden song as well. There is a lot of symbolism that Gendry unites both Smith and Warrior into him, which relates him to Wayland the Smith myth. (and Wayland the Smith is a bear myth, where the bear character is portrayed as a human). He starts out as a Bull, but in the wilderness around the lake he loses the helm (which for him embodies his warrior/knight dream), andlets go of those dreams. At HH he argues and behaves pretty much like a slave, in the way Tyrion later theorizes (exampel the slave who says his master is a good one, and he'd rather remain with his master than be free). Arya basically forces his hand to escape with her. She's going, whether he comes along or not. And he appears with both sword, mail AND hammer. So, he uniting both warrior and smith symbols. The capture by the BwB is the most interesting... it enacts the first stanzas of the bear-maiden song. Gendry is sleeping, when Arya and Hot Pie hear Tom singing. She orders Hot Pie to wake Gendry and to hide behind the wall. Tom, Anguy and Lem wonder out loud who's hiding behind the wall: a wolf, a lion, but most curiously they say before that, "a bear?". They're all lured out of hiding. Then the 3 BwB men invite them to the inn to fill their bellies. They don't want to go, don't trust it (that is Gendry and Arya), and then there is a type of mock-kill. Anguy shoots arrows, whizzing past Arya's ear. So, they accept the "invitation". On their merry way to the inn, Tom and Hot Pie sing the bear-maiden song. Next, they flush out a bird. And at the inn Arya reveals herself to be maiden Arya Stark. 

Now the bear-maiden song seems to incorporate bear-hunt folklore. Bears were magical animals. Hunting them was to be done ritualistically under specific rules by 3 hunters: they'd locate the right den, wake the bear from his sleep, lure him out, and then kill him with arrows, before carrying him like a groom to his wedding feast pretending he's still alive where a maiden was to be ritually wed to the bear. The hunters meanwhile also had to pretend to be completely innocent of any wrongdoing and even lie about their identities, scapegoating others for the kill, if the bear spirit realized he was dead... for example, Finnish hunters would say "We're from Sweden and England." At the end of the ritual feast, the bear was to burried in a grave and his spirit would be free to return to the heavens like a bird. If you hunted a bear following the rules you'd end up lucky with hunting the other game. If you hunted a bear, completely ingoring the rules (not giving him his bride, and extorting the bear, the bear could take terrible revenge, ending a bloodline altogether.

So, compare the song to the bear-hunt ritual: first they discover a bear, then they invite him to a village feast, the bear declines the invitation by saying "but I'm a bear", despite the bear's expression suddenly the 3 "boys" (how innocent they sound) and a goat (scapegoat?) dance with the bear to the fair. There seems to be a missing stanza here, how the 3 bosy convince the bear to come along with them... and that would be a stanza of them killing the bear.

Now compare again both those first events of the song and the bear-hunt ritual with the events when they get captured by the BwB: the mentioning of a bear hidden behind a wall (and it was Gendry who needed to be woken up from sleep) and the luring out, an invitation, a decline, shooting of arrows and strongarm them into accepting the invitation, their merry way with 3 men pretending to be their friends... and the 3 BwB hunters followed the ritualistic rules, because they found game immediately en route.

So, I identify Gendry as a "hidden bear" character, while Arya is his swan maiden. At the smithy we get a continuation of the enactment of the song, but Gendry does not win the play-fight. He does however "sniff" at Arya (like the bear sniffing the honey). From the start the two have had fights - first Arya challenges him into a sword duel, but they don't actually engage, because the gold cloaks arrive looking for him. Then they fight when he reveals he knows she's a girl. They fight again at the smithy. Everythng comes in threes... so if they meet again, and they fight, I can see him winning the struggle and kiss her.

You may say, but he was a Bull! Well the bull embodies the same as the bear but in a different society. Bulls are symbols of virility, stubborness and strength and good harvest in agricultural civilisations. Bears are symbols of the same in hunter societies. The first belongs in the city. The second in the woods. And where is Gendry? In the woods, where a bear belongs. More, he has a home that is reminiscent of a den - Hollow Hill.

Some interesting ideas. 

1 hour ago, LongRider said:

Loras?  Ummm, no.  HtH? Sansa doesn't want him, but Myranda sure does, and with a tourney coming up, well perhaps Randa will help Harry with his lance, if you know what I mean.   :leer:

I haven't read tWoW yet. As far as I know it's not published. I'm pretty sure it has more than one chapter in the Vale. I think it's way too early to say that Sansa doesn't want him.

Yup, Myranda wants him. But I see an echo of Margaery and Sansa in those two. Sansa was betrothed to Joffrey and Maergaery stole him away. Of course Sansa didn't want Joffrey anymore and was very much relieved. But still there were the feelers and onlookers thinking that Sansa might be jealous of Margaery.

And then in the Vale, Myranda wanted HtH for a husband, but in comes this new lady and she's betrothed to HtH, on the condition that HE agrees. Sansa gets Margaery's role here, while Myranda gets Sansa's earlier role.

2 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Yep. It's paying homage, it's a nod to the classics. Like he said, there was nothing original about Shakespeare, it's all in how well you tell the story.

This is totally true and of course everyone takes material from sources.  I don't mind that at all, I guess is the kind of fairy-tale ending that totally bugs me regardless of who is the couple, so I guess my issue lays there with that sort of ending... :(

Thanks so much for the video :)

10 minutes ago, sweetsunray said:

I haven't read tWoW yet. As far as I know it's not published. I'm pretty sure it has more than one chapter in the Vale. I think it's way too early to say that Sansa doesn't want him.

Yup, Myranda wants him. But I see an echo of Margaery and Sansa in those two. Sansa was betrothed to Joffrey and Maergaery stole him away. Of course Sansa didn't want Joffrey anymore and was very much relieved. But still there were the feelers and onlookers thinking that Sansa might be jealous of Margaery.

And then in the Vale, Myranda wanted HtH for a husband, but in comes this new lady and she's betrothed to HtH, on the condition that HE agrees. Sansa gets Margaery's role here, while Myranda gets Sansa's earlier role.

Only a few chapters are out already as a sort of pre-view.  You are right the book isn't out yet and as far as I know there is no fixed release date yet.

Yes, Myranda I think will play some role in these events.  I am sure Sansa would happily let her have Harry but she doesn't have a good enough dowry.  I wonder if Sansa would confide in Myranda.  She seems to be warming up to her but LF warned her against Myranda but then again she doesn't trust LF so...  I really look forward to see what truly, truly is hatching in the Vale ;)

I'm not sure why anyone would want Sansa to marry Sandor. At this point, they're both incredibly damaged, but Sandor, at least, has found some peace in his monastery, is just starting his healing. The appeal of removing him from his peaceful escape and taking him back into the game, back to Sansa, is mystifying.

Marrying Sansa off to a man as angry as Sandor is equally mystifying. GRRM isn't writing Beauty and the Beast, and even if he were, this ending would be less realistic than Disney's version, which at least gives the Beast time to heal, time to get to know his Belle, time to turn human at the end. Sandor doesn't know Sansa from a hole in the wall. All he has seen is a helpless, suffering damsel. Littlefinger knows Sansa better than Sandor does. Meanwhile, Sandor is still a beast, a killer with rage issues, and that is how he will return to his supposedly helpless beloved. They both deserve better.

As for a future husband: How about none? How about someone we've never met? How about Willas Tyrell?

9 minutes ago, The Weirwoods Eyes said:

Some interesting ideas. 

There are several swan references for Arya:

She sees black swans on the lake at the RL, and wishes she was a swan (or to eat one). In Braavos she has a continuous fascination for the courtesans, who are described as swans with their barges on the rivers. Lady Smallwood is Ravella Swann (a relation of Balon Swann) and she calls Arya pretty; something that Arya cherishes as a memory for a while.

There are also several references to the Ugly Duckling as written by Anderson:

• the cackling hen and the gimlet eyed cat who can make sparks who tell the Ugly Duckling he's safe where he is and just has to work hard. Weese is linked to verbs and words (purr and cracks) that make him identifable with the cat. The hen is one of the clucking female servants, goodwife Amabel.
  • there's a meeting with a hunting hound: Arya and the Hound
  • the ugly duckling joins a troupe of bachelor geese who are hunted and die: the voyage with the men bound for the NW, and the remainder is caught by the Mountain with the 3 headed dog sigil
  • the ugly duckling begins at the castle with a moat, everyone picking on him for his looks and curiosity to see the world: Arya I, aGoT
  • the ugly duckling is sheltered with a family where he has a good life, for a while, but the children get too noisy and he runs away: Arya has it good enough with the BwB (certainly compared to before), but during the discussion that erupts in the barn, she runs out.
  • he winters in a cave, feels very lonely and considers death: Arya winters in a type of underground death related house and society with the FM
  • sees swans swimming during one of the voyages, wishes he could be with them and fly off, but his wings aren't developed yet: see above scene of Arya wishing she was a swan
  • swans call him handsome: Ravella Swann calling her pretty...

The swan maiden is Wayland's wife... who flies off at some point, and he waits for her return at home.

-

54 minutes ago, The Weirwoods Eyes said:

Yes, if you appreciate the art of story telling, and love and understand literature I doubt anything will come across as cheesey. 

A lot of people mistakenly believe that he lives to shock us, or that the sole reason for the story is to do the unexpected. But the story is really quite classic. he is a great story teller. 

Yes, stories do sometimes end well. It does happen in life, as in fiction. Not everything in life is unhappy. Lots of happy mixed in. And going through hell, then finding a bit of comfort and love, that's what keeps us going. If life was hell all the time, there wouldn't be many of us around to tell the tale. And in this case, the Starks need restocking. And he's hinted about not only marriage, but children with these two.

17 minutes ago, kimim said:

I'm not sure why anyone would want Sansa to marry Sandor. At this point, they're both incredibly damaged, but Sandor, at least, has found some peace in his monastery, is just starting his healing. The appeal of removing him from his peaceful escape and taking him back into the game, back to Sansa, is mystifying.

Marrying Sansa off to a man as angry as Sandor is equally mystifying. GRRM isn't writing Beauty and the Beast, and even if he were, this ending would be less realistic than Disney's version, which at least gives the Beast time to heal, time to get to know his Belle, time to turn human at the end. Sandor doesn't know Sansa from a hole in the wall. All he has seen is a helpless, suffering damsel. Littlefinger knows Sansa better than Sandor does. Meanwhile, Sandor is still a beast, a killer with rage issues, and that is how he will return to his supposedly helpless beloved. They both deserve better.

As for a future husband: How about none? How about someone we've never met? How about Willas Tyrell?

My personal view is that Sandor will start to heal once he has been able to kill UnMountain so he might be a lot less angry by the end of the story but I agree that he is a hard character to engage socially so the bond will have to come from offering protection and raw attraction as I can see him opening up much about his feelings.

Now, the thing is that a lot of us have expressed who we would like her to end up with but this is not the point or the thread or who deserves how is more about could that happen you think? or what is more likely to happen in your opinion?

I have to say is not a pairing I am fond of but I have to accept that people seem to have looked into a lot of small details and it could well be that this is the ending, although I always prefer to be surprised rather than having to keep re-reading with huge attention to detail but of course George will do what he wants to do...

1 hour ago, sweetsunray said:

#1 Fully agreed. And it's not as if Sandor will magically get a new face. And if she marries him, I think she'll have to take a political step aside, even perhaps anonimity. And I think there's a good chance for that... no matter how much she originally yelled that she wanted to be queen, I think she'll have her belly full of political betrothals by the end, no matter how handsome the guy is.

#2 Interesting. I like it. Not sure if there is textual backing for it. But I'd love to read a worked out theory on that.

So, I identify Gendry as a "hidden bear" character, while Arya is his swan maiden. At the smithy we get a continuation of the enactment of the song, but Gendry does not win the play-fight. He does however "sniff" at Arya (like the bear sniffing the honey). From the start the two have had fights - first Arya challenges him into a sword duel, but they don't actually engage, because the gold cloaks arrive looking for him. Then they fight when he reveals he knows she's a girl. They fight again at the smithy. Everything comes in threes... so if they meet again, and they fight, I can see him winning the struggle and kiss her.

You may say, but he was a Bull! Well the bull embodies the same as the bear but in a different society. Bulls are symbols of virility, stubborness and strength and good harvest in agricultural civilisations. Bears are symbols of the same in hunter societies. The first belongs in the city. The second in the woods. And where is Gendry? In the woods, where a bear belongs. More, he has a home that is reminiscent of a den - Hollow Hill. What's he doing? Making swords (smith) and guarding children (warrior). Swords? Wayland the Smith is claimed to have made dozens of magical/legendry ancestral swords, including 3 related to Charlemagne. Eventually, Wayland seduces the princess and begets her with child which is the start of a new bloodline.

Very informative and great imagery involve.  This really seems to fit with Gendry indeed to what end well... we shall see.

1 hour ago, The Weirwoods Eyes said:

I have no doubt that whatever the plot he will write it marvellously and convincingly and I love legends and literature in general it's just, it's hard to put it, it's just probably the imagery of the protector and maiden and especially the strong silent type doesn't do it for me but I totally admit that this is my problem and not his lol  Even with couples I like I don't want a happy ending though as such.  I can see how if there was a sequel or something Sandor and Sansa could help each other heal though but as I said even Brienne / Jamie for all I like the pairing wouldn't want to be happy ever after.  Arya / Gendry perhaps because they are both so fiery that there would be conflict even in the love.  Hard to put it in words, just talking about personal preferences here really.

Now, just an afterthought, Sandor is in Arya's list.  Not saying that this list cannot be altered or that everyone in it has to die, period, but there could be a twist to the fairy tale somehow.

I know that prophecies and such are likely to be very twisted and hard to figure out, or hope so, but just as I think Cersei is doomed and so are the Freys, even Tyrion is supposed to be cursed (kinslayer) now I do wonder about the Hound and whether he survives...

Just to note, Sansa and Sandor spent a long time at close contact in KL, he was guarding the man she was engaged to, they saw each other day by day, at their best and worst, and tried to help each other, and understand each other, and spoke honestly with each other, they know each other better than anyone in the story. That's what the author set out to show. There's ellipsis in storytelling, you don't show everything, just what's representative. 

4 hours ago, The Weirwoods Eyes said:

You never discuss her as a character ever! I've been here since April 2013, I've seen enough of your posts to know that. You only discuss her is terms of what awful thing may happen to her, or how she might see the light and realise Tyrion is right for her.

You never talk about her as a "person" only ever in terms of how she may be utilised by others. 

It isn't cheap,it is simply my observation. 

Actually I try to discuss none of the characters as real existing persons but as fictional characters who have a role in a story to play. And I have discussed Sansa often enough only to learn that you should not dare here in this forum to describe her as, let's say, not as fascinating as some other female characters, her own mother  e.g. I got hateposts  from those who perceive her as the center of the books. Be happy, she is still there while many of my favorite female characters are gone.

And, sorry, any story between Sandor and Sansa is about Sandor as tragical main character, Sansa is the supporting character here.

37 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Yes, stories do sometimes end well. It does happen in life, as in fiction. Not everything in life is unhappy. Lots of happy mixed in. And going through hell, then finding a bit of comfort and love, that's what keeps us going. If life was hell all the time, there wouldn't be many of us around to tell the tale. And in this case, the Starks need restocking. And he's hinted about not only marriage, but children with these two.

This is true that all cannot be a tragic ending and that it wouldn't be realistic I just guess that although I don't dislike either something at some level just doesn't do it for me, but I accept that it might happen.  Now with other pairings that appear obvious I definitely do not want the happy ever after though.  There has to be some light but also I think the reader has to feel as if the cost of peace or getting rid of The Others or whatever has come at a very costly price IMHO

34 minutes ago, Morgana Lannister said:

Now, just an afterthought, Sandor is in Arya's list.  Not saying that this list cannot be altered or that everyone in it has to die, period, but there could be a twist to the fairy tale somehow.

Arya took him off the list. More, she had her chance, and she left him. She left it to fate. It is true that she added, "The Hound" as she walked off, but the Hound =/= Sandor anymore. The Hound is dead and reincarnated in other people; Sandor lives.

3 minutes ago, sweetsunray said:

Arya took him off the list. More, she had her chance, and she left him. She left it to fate. It is true that she added, "The Hound" as she walked off, but the Hound =/= Sandor anymore. The Hound is dead and reincarnated in other people; Sandor lives.

Yes, I remembered clearly that she left him for dead, just forgot that she had taken him off the list.  Okay, so much for my tragic ending lol (only being evil ;) )

1 hour ago, kimim said:

Are you sure that Sandor has found some peace in the monastery (yet still describe him as "a beast, a killer with rage issues")?

I think Sandor's horse Stranger might disagree with the idea that he's found peace there. Any peace. Those two are on the same wavelength and Stranger is ticked. The monks are trying to tame him, but he's having none of it. The Gravedigger throwing dirt toward Brienne isn't much of a sign of peacefulness. I doubt the monks will be able to tame him either.

And if GRRM isn't writing writing Beauty and the Beast, he's sure not writing it very oddly. The hallmarks of BatB are all over the Sandor and Sansa story. Glaringly.

A lot depends on status.  The majority of marriages of highborn people are brokered either as a way of ensuring alliances or gaining power / land.  Love and attraction are very much secondary to that and sometimes don't factor at all.  

We've seen this time and again, especially with Sansa.  Robert wanted her to marry Joffrey as a sweetener for Ned becoming his hand and a way to bring his BFF south.  This was when she was 4th in line to inherit Winterfell.  Once it looked like she was the remaining Stark heir, Tywin wanted her to marry Tyrion to give them status in the North.  The Tyrells wanted the same in plotting to marrying her to Garlan or Willas.  LF wants her to marry Harry to gain control of The Vale and The East (and possibly the North too).

In considering another possible marriage, we'd need to consider everyone's current status and how likely it is that their status will change before the end.

Sansa = Still married to Tyrion, on the run in The Vale, suspected of either committing or being an accomplice to regicide and posing as LF's bastard.  Unless the Lannisters (apart from Tyrion) are overthrown/dead and a Lannister enemy is on the throne, she can't return south. Even revealing her true identity is very risky. Also, even with her Stark name, Bran and Rickon are ahead of her in succession to Winterfell and the Boltons currently hold it.  While the boys live, she has no claim to WF and could only live there if she either marries a Bolton or the Starks take it back. 

Tyrion = A Kinslayer and suspected Kingslayer on the run in Essos with a bunch of sellswords.  I'm not sure how he could safely return to Westeros unless the remaining Lannisters are all dead and someone anti-Lannister is ruling.  He is also unlikely to inherit Casterley Rock, so hasn't anything to offer in terms of position.  Unless of course he's revealed as a Secret Targ and embraced by a conquering Dany or Aegon, but I'm going on current status.  It is possible they just stay married but never see each other again, like The Martells. They have nothing to currently offer each other. 4/10

Jon = putting aside the fact that he may be dead... He can't marry as he's committed to the night's watch.  Unless Rob's letter legitimises him as a Stark or he's somehow legitimised as a Targ, and on top of that he's somehow released from his NW vow this is a non-starter.  They also have nothing to offer each other as neither have a claim on Winterfell while Bran & Rickon live.  I also see Jon being bored with someone like Sansa after hanging out with Ygritte, Val and Melissandre!  I expect Jon will die before the end to fulfil his tragic hero arc. 1/10

The Hound = again putting aside the fact that he may be dead... Whether or not there is attraction there, what do they have to offer each other in their current status? They are both dependent on others for somewhere to live.  Both are on the run.  Not sure of high-born status of house Clegane.  Romance? Possibly.  Marriage? I doubt it. 3/10

(f)Aegon = depending on whether people buy his legitimacy, he may have plenty or nothing to offer.  As per Varys' chat with Ned, it probably doesn't matter if he is legit or not, it's what people believe that matters.  If they do buy it, a marriage between them could give him the support of the North as they still love the Starks.  If  Tyrion joins Aegon, he could even step aside and engineer this marriage by way of apology for what his family did to Sansa. Would round things off nicely if she ended up as Queen to a King who was worthy of her.  7/10

LF = Not unless she reveals her true identity, she can't marry her dad after all! She is more useful to him as a pawn that he can secure other alliances with.  Also, on a personal note, ewwwwwwww! It would be a much better story if she was responsible for his downfall. 5/10

Sweetrobin = we already know he would have no objections, but his ability to produce an heir with Sansa could be a sticking point and the reason LF has come up with Harry The Heir.  She could marry Sweetrobin to save him, but I'm not sure.  I think that poor boy's days are numbered. 4/10

Harry = currently looking very possible, which probably means it's doomed and we'll have another wedding massacre. He seems like a last-minute throw-in. 6/10

Ramsay = I always found that a problem with the TV show.  LF seems too smart to pull that move as he's bound to know there's a good chance Ramsay will kill her like his last wife.  3/10  

Singleton - It's entirely possible she'll be sick of men and marriage and will not marry anyone else.  unlikely though.  She may have dropped the naive romantic dreams, but she's no Arya and won't go it alone.  Deep down I think she still wants the life she was raised to expect... marriage to someone high-born, living in a nice castle with servants and lemon cakes on demand. 2/10

Someone else = mostly because I can't see her marrying any of this lot, I'm going with someone else.  Who it is will depend on her status at the time and whether LF is still controlling her. 8/10.

Archived