Magnar of Skagos

King of Vaes Tolorro

Is the Magnar of Skagos seen as a god on earth, as the Magnar of the Thenns is?

We know next to nothing about the Skagos. For all we know they worship unicorns. Hopefully more info will be revealed by Rickon, Osha, or Davos.

And I was hoping they rode unicorns into battle.

Ditto. Its my number three on creatures I want to see ridden into battle. Only behind Others on Ice Spiders and Braavosi on Velociraptors.

Ditto. Its my number three on creatures I want to see ridden into battle. Only behind Others on Ice Spiders and Braavosi on Velociraptors.

I was under the impression that that beast was an exotical "one of" that doesn't breed there.
But yeah, it would be cool, I admit.

There are dragons in this world, nobody would get mad if a dinosaur-as-we-thought-them-in-the-90ies appeared again, and on battlefields, would they?

I was under the impression that that beast was an exotical "one of" that doesn't breed there.But yeah, it would be cool, I admit.
There are dragons in this world, nobody would get mad if a dinosaur-as-we-thought-them-in-the-90ies appeared again, and on battlefields, would they?

There are Dinosuars on Sothoryos

I am of the opinion that the unicorn of Skagos are actually some great wooly rhinos

I think the Skagos unicorns look like this:

f39270422de783d0ebeee57321437c31.jpg

I agree. It fits in with the theme of the North (as real animals from the ice age), they'd look much less ridiculous than traditional unicorns.

I'd imagine they'd look more like this though:

422265.jpg

I am of the opinion that the unicorn of Skagos are actually some great wooly rhinos

I think the Skagos unicorns look like this:

f39270422de783d0ebeee57321437c31.jpg

I agree. It fits in with the theme of the North (as real animals from the ice age), they'd look much less ridiculous than traditional unicorns.

I'd imagine they'd look more like this though:

422265.jpg

tumblr_lzqc68pz3j1rn95k2o1_400.gif

Is the Magnar of Skagos seen as a god on earth, as the Magnar of the Thenns is?

No, Magnar is the name of their house. there is no "magnar" of Skagos as the word means Lord in the old tongue. They are not wildlings, they are "kneelers" who rebel on occasion. They are just isolated. My guess is Skagos is like the far northern Isles of Scotland. There isn't much produced  to export and the region is resource poor so there isn't much reason to go there for trade either. Cold, damp and isolated. 

But isn't there a quote which says it looks like an enormous goat?

From a human seeing it from a Wolf's perspective. So might be distorted.

Add that i is a human that only knows the animals he saw in the stables of Winterfell, and never saw a documentary on exotical, different animals. One thing is having heard of an elephant, and a whole different thing is having seen one, even in a zoo.

Archived