10 Cloverfield Lane

Spockydog

I wish more movies had trailers like this, instead of just trying to condense 80% of the film into two minutes.

Totally agree, between this awesome teaser and knowing it is a sequel to Cloverfield is all that is needed for me to want to see it in the theater.    

I'd love a Cloverfield sequel, have hoped that would happen for years.

Great film.

This does look notably different, but hopefully we will go beyond the single room at some point during the film.

Trailer definitely intrigues.

Surprised by the amount of love for Cloverfield. I thought it was a shit sandwich myself. The trailer does look rather neat, so who knows :dunno:

I appreciated Cloverfield for its ambition in trying to do something different, but the seasick-o-vision and necessarily stupid decisions by the protagonists on occasion meant it wasn't a great film. It'd have done far better to keep the idea of focusing on one group of normals trying to survive, but ditch the found footage and just keep the camera very tightly focused on the group for similar, but less blurry, effect.

Still, this looks interesting.

http://screenrant.com/10-cloverfield-lane-connection-sequel/

“This film was originally made under the names Valencia and The Cellar for Paramounts Insurge division (a subsidiary for films made for under 5 million dollars like The Devil Inside), and when Paramount closed it down, this movie (shot and completed) was thrown out to the wind and orphaned. Paramount bought it back up and had Dan Casey and Damien Chazelle do some re-writes so that it would connect to the Cloverfield universe and they went back and did reshoots and add-ons in March 2015 in New Orleans and L.A.”

Ah, the gall these people have in slinging crap towards us is magnificent. Fuck you J.J., you're eating away at that SW credit you earned rather fast.

I appreciated Cloverfield for its ambition in trying to do something different, but the seasick-o-vision and necessarily stupid decisions by the protagonists on occasion meant it wasn't a great film. It'd have done far better to keep the idea of focusing on one group of normals trying to survive, but ditch the found footage and just keep the camera very tightly focused on the group for similar, but less blurry, effect.

It really was the worst :( 

Whaaaaaa.....

Come on man. This is bullshit. I knew something was wrong the second I figured out Valencia - a dark, real dark movie version of The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt  - was the same as this movie. Damn it, John Goodman and Mary Elizabeth Winstead deserve better.

Cloverfield is the kinda film that isn't super entertaining as you watch it but when you think about it after you realize that there were a lot of cool things in it. That shaky cam was an atrocity though.

Boy, when Hollywood wants a cash grab, they sure know who to call.

1-800-J-J-A-B-R-A-M-S

"Thank you for calling the office of J. J. Abrams. For confusingly complicated monster of the week shows, press 1. For indulgent homages to earlier movies, press 2. For illusory spinoffs, press 3. For 3Fast2Trek: Spock's Stag party, smash the keypad with your palm, now."

Courtesy the Internet

In retrospect we should have known it wasn't a proper sequel when the normally secretive Abrams released that statement calling it a "blood-relative." I'll still go see it. The Colverfield connection was never the main draw for me.

Archived