NFL 2016 Divisional: THE GREATEST GAME

Jace, Extat

Holy shit, Renly's comment just made me realize (and this isn't intended to be offensive), I'm totally cool with this final four. Obviously I'd rather not see the Pats in the Superbowl again, and I want the Cardinals to win it the most, but there's not much hate in my heart for any 4 of these teams right now.

Some reasons to rekindle your hatred

It would help if Golson turns out to be a viable option coming back from his injury. It seemed like he had potential before he got hurt, although it was just the preseason. 

Agreed. His career has been delayed a year but should have a good shot to play a lot next year when Blake is a starter. Oh, and Cortez Allen? Can we get an annulment for that contract?

Agreed. His career has been delayed a year but should have a good shot to play a lot next year when Blake is a starter. Oh, and Cortez Allen? Can we get an annulment for that contract?

I wish. The team has made some bad defensive contracts. Although for some, like Woodley, it was injuries that caused the problem. But overall I'm happy with how the defense is trending. With a better secondary, and a slight upgrade at NT this becomes a scary defense. 

Almost as good as a Bengals win. Yeah, I'm petty like that. :P 

This is me, stepping on your sour grapes ;)

grape-stomping-in-napa-4-1000x666.jpg

I hate when the guys at halftime end up being right, and the turnover was the game winner. Steelers played better than I thought they would, the Broncos just played a little better. And as much as I fucking hate to say it, the Pats are gonna roll the Broncos next week like it ain't no thing.

Also, does anyone know when the last time it was 1 vs 2 in both conference championships?

So chalk held the weekend. Besides making Jace's picks slightly wrong, have to admit, it sets up two interesting championship game matchups.

NFC side, you have the two top MVP candidates and the two best and most complete teams. I think Cam is the clear MVP but was reading on FO; some people really strongly believe Palmer should win it. At least we get a chance to match 'em on the field. I think Cam further proves his MVP bona fides...but can't overcome a superior Arizona team top to bottom from roster to coaching. 

In the AFC OTOH you have the two QBs that contended for just about every MVP in the last decade. I'm glad we get one more Brady vs. Manning even if Manning is a shell of his former self. If what we just saw represented the healthiest Manning has been all year, that doesn't give Denver a lot of hope, even with a killer D at home. At least the weather should be nice. And maybe there's a chance his wife gets a timely HGH shipment in? Otherwise, it's hard for me not to imagine Brady playing in his 7th Superbowl (which is just nuts). 

I got all my picks!  I am obviously a genius.  OK, of course not .  nothing too impressive about picking home favorites.  But when has this last happened when all four top seeds with byes won in the same year?  I like New England in the AFC.  Not ready to make a pick yet in the NFC.  Larry Fitzgerald is a great player and all-around great professional.

So just got back from the bar and won my tease, but damn is Peyton horrible. Their offense is nothing but delayed draws, out routes and slants continuously...and any route over 15 yards is a complete nightmare. I understand that Peyton has been crap for a little while now but damn that was ugly and lucky as hell. They have absolutely no chance against Patriots. It's all up to the NFC to save us.

I think the Broncos were too conservative as they knew that the Steelers were really decimated by injury. However their offesne seems to be limited by a diminished Peyton. NE has to be the favorites in the AFCCG. 

The NFCCG is a toss up and should be a great game. 

Also, does anyone know when the last time it was 1 vs 2 in both conference championships?

But when has this last happened when all four top seeds with byes won in the same year?  

As far as I can tell, it was the 04-05 season: NE/Pittsburgh and Atlanta/Philly. 

So chalk held the weekend. Besides making Jace's picks slightly wrong, have to admit, it sets up two interesting championship game matchups.

Never been so happy to go 0-4 on a weekend. KC was the only team I picked that I actually wanted to win.

I am surprised that the Panthers get so much hate.  Cam is cocky, so what?  He's not a douchebag about it, strutting around like TO.  Giving footballs to fans is great, and seeing a star out there who seems to actually be enjoying himself is nice.  

I think I'm rooting for the Panthers next weekend, although if the Cards win that will be fine, I really just want whichever teams wins to beat the Pats in the big game.  

So I am supposed to come up with a signature for Jace as she lost her bet with me (Cardinals won). Can I get some suggestions please? I suck at these things and the only one I can think of is "sweet summer child"......

Didn't Jace also make a bet (possibly a sig bet?) with someone that the AFCCG would be PItt @ KC?  Or was that just my imagination?

Some reasons to rekindle your hatred

Sorry, Cowboy. I don't know what your momma and that dude's told you guys, but losing fair is still losing and the winner gets the girl. ;)

Didn't Jace also make a bet (possibly a sig bet?) with someone that the AFCCG would be PItt @ KC?  Or was that just my imagination?

Sure did, a title bet and it's already been settled. Apparently it's some kind of a reference to some kind of song or something. Manhole linked it to me, but I stopped listening like 30 seconds in.

Archived