MMA & Boxing 17: And NEW

Gears of the Beast

On 1/29/2016 at 9:18 AM, Jack Bauer 24 said:

CM Punk calls fans "butt hurt" and "dummies" for being upset about him being in upcoming UFC game and his 85 rating http://nesn.com/2016/01/cm-punk-rips-dummies-upset-at-ex-wwe-star-being-in-ufc-2-video-game/

Yeah this guy's a fucking idiot. People aren't "butt hurt about a video game" they're "butt hurt" because a pretend wrestler that has no MMA experience is given a rating commensurate with people who are actually talented and are able to perform at a high level in the sport. MMA fans don't have to accommodate this make-a-wish-foundation freakshow. 

3 hours ago, lessthanluke said:

Someone is mad because pretend wrestling is more popular than MMA will ever be.

I will safely assume with great confidence that not one person in this thread is mad that pretend wrestling is more popular than MMA. Punk obviously doesn't deserve such a high rating but it's a fucking video game, it doesn't really matter "butt hurt" fans.

Just watched the replay of the Kovalev fight, he punished the shit out of Pascal. Shocked it wasn't stopped in the 5th.

1 hour ago, Ramsay Blow said:

Yeah, that sucked. I was kind of expecting a devastating KO by Rumble and apparently Bader was too. 

Yeah Bader looked like he didn't want to stand with Rumble at all and you can't really blame him. Rumble vs Jones will be interesting and as a Jon Jones fan very nerve wracking. 

Yeah, seriously, wtf was that about? MMA is pretty much the only sport I follow at all. Pretend wrestling is a bunch of lame, poorly acted soap opera drama. The fact it is more popular than MMA maters to me not one bit. "Rasslin" has always been, and will continue to be, more popular than a lot of stuff that is better than it. Just like pop music. Who cares?

CM Punk is absolutely unproven as any kind of MMA practitioner. These new UFC games are trying to be somewhat authentic. How do you get any stats on somebody who has never fought for an authentic game? Not a point I care about, I'll probably never play the games, but I can see why some fans were "butt hurt".

11 hours ago, Gears of the Beast said:

Yeah Bader looked like he didn't want to stand with Rumble at all and you can't really blame him. Rumble vs Jones will be interesting and as a Jon Jones fan very nerve wracking. 

This is the 1 fight I want to see as much as McGregor vs Dos Anjos, if it happens?

1 minute ago, Calibandar said:

This is the 1 fight I want to see as much as McGregor vs Dos Anjos, if it happens?

Don't see why it wouldn't. It was already scheduled before Jones got suspended. He will beat DC and that's the fight to make. Jones says his 3 fights left at LHW are DC, Rumble and Gus. 

On 1/29/2016 at 4:18 PM, Jack Bauer 24 said:

CM Punk calls fans "butt hurt" and "dummies" for being upset about him being in upcoming UFC game and his 85 rating http://nesn.com/2016/01/cm-punk-rips-dummies-upset-at-ex-wwe-star-being-in-ufc-2-video-game/

Not sure if this is true or not, but I heard the lowest fighter rating in the last iteration of the UFC game was 87. That means they are making CM Punk the lowest rated fighter, which seems pretty accurate.

14 minutes ago, Ken Stone said:

Not sure if this is true or not, but I heard the lowest fighter rating in the last iteration of the UFC game was 87. That means they are making CM Punk the lowest rated fighter, which seems pretty accurate.

No...Mark Hunt was 86 and he's fought for a goddamn interim belt. 

31 minutes ago, Gears of the Beast said:

No...Mark Hunt was 86 and he's fought for a goddamn interim belt. 

But 85 still makes CM the lowest rated fighter.

Here's what I'm getting at. When people see his rating is 85 out of 100, they immediately get indignant, because he has yet to prove himself. I get that. The truth of the matter is the scale is 1 - 15, and he is a 1. Sounds about right, no?

15 minutes ago, Ken Stone said:

But 85 still makes CM the lowest rated fighter.

Here's what I'm getting at. When people see his rating is 85 out of 100, they immediately get indignant, because he has yet to prove himself. I get that. The truth of the matter is the scale is 1 - 15, and he is a 1. Sounds about right, no?

Lowest rated fighter in the first game. You're forgetting that the game doesn't include the the ~500 fighters on the UFC, just names big enough to be in their game. You're acting like 1 point less than Mark Hunt is a fair rating for someone who has zero professional fights and zero amateur fights. Ignoring people like Rafael Natal who wasn't in the first game but has 14 fights in the UFC and wins over people like Uriah Hall. 85 is their lowest rating because the game only has really good fighters in it. Phil Brooks is not a good fighter, he's not even a fighter at all. 

13 minutes ago, Gears of the Beast said:

Lowest rated fighter in the first game. You're forgetting that the game doesn't include the the ~500 fighters on the UFC, just names big enough to be in their game. You're acting like 1 point less than Mark Hunt is a fair rating for someone who has zero professional fights and zero amateur fights. Ignoring people like Rafael Natal who wasn't in the first game but has 14 fights in the UFC and wins over people like Uriah Hall. 85 is their lowest rating because the game only has really good fighters in it. Phil Brooks is not a good fighter, he's not even a fighter at all. 

So the problem isn't his ranking, it's that he is included in the game at all. That is a different issue. That comes down to wanting to sell copies of the product. 

4 minutes ago, Ken Stone said:

So the problem isn't his ranking, it's that he is included in the game at all. That is a different issue. That comes down to wanting to sell copies of the product. 

No, the problem is that he's fighting in the UFC. When fans like me see that he has a 85 rating on a UFC game we say 'wow that's ridiculous what a joke'. Then this guy has the gall to deride us for 'getting butthurt over a video game'. Again, we do not have to accommodate this. 

Archived