MMA & Boxing 17: And NEW

Gears of the Beast

On 2/3/2016 at 10:03 PM, Castel said:

Ignore the above. I still haven't figured out how to delete a quote from a reply.

Cheal Sonnen and Laila Ali are going to be on the next season of Celebrity Apprentice!!!!!

48 minutes ago, Ken Stone said:

Ignore the above. I still haven't figured out how to delete a quote from a reply.

You need to click on the frame of the quotebox to select the whole thing (the surest way I've found is to click the four-way move thingy that comes up when you mouse over it, since clicking anywhere else seems hit-and-miss and there's nothing that actually tells you you've done it). Then delete away.

If you're on your phone, dunno.

4 hours ago, polishgenius said:

You need to click on the frame of the quotebox to select the whole thing (the surest way I've found is to click the four-way move thingy that comes up when you mouse over it, since clicking anywhere else seems hit-and-miss and there's nothing that actually tells you you've done it). Then delete away.

If you're on your phone, dunno.

Every few years or so we go through this saga where we get a new spoiler/quote system that is so finicky it makes you wonder what the point of replacing having quote tags in plaintext is. 

I mean, it looks pretty but not pretty enough.

Wow.

I expected "Wonderboy" to put on a good fight, and maybe even to win, but ... holy shit. Welter Weight just shit its collective pants.

Man, unanimous picks by the MMAJunkie staff in main events seem cursed. I'm just going to pick the other guy from now on out of habit if I've got no or mixed feelings on a main event outcome.

Johny has often had issues with his state of mind and he had them again tonight. He so often lacks urgency, as if he lacks the nerves every fighter says are important to perform at their peak. Johny looks too comfortable in the cage, and until he met Wonderboy tonight he's never really had to pay for that comfort. But boy howdy did Wonderboy make him pay. 

I still hope Maia gets the title shot, for old time's sake as much as anything, but if he doesn't I'd love to see Wonderboy get it.

7 hours ago, Jack Bauer 24 said:

So Gall choked out Jackson and he will face Punk. If Punk doesn't win do you think he'll fight again, or he'll be one and done?

One and done. In fact, I think that's the expectation. 

Dana wants Punk, but even more he wants him out of the hands of any other promotion. Punk signs, doesn't fight, Bellator doesn't get him, Dana wins. Punk fights, Gall tools him, he quits, Dana wins. 

Speaking of bad match ups, that big country Roy Nelson fight sucked ass. I had recorded the fights and watched them Sunday, fast forwarded through most of the two pasty fat white guys dancing. Horrible horrible fight.

15 hours ago, dbunting said:

Speaking of bad match ups, that big country Roy Nelson fight sucked ass. I had recorded the fights and watched them Sunday, fast forwarded through most of the two pasty fat white guys dancing. Horrible horrible fight.

Thing is with the HW division outside of the ~top 5 you either get exciting fights that end very quickly or long fights that are excruciatingly bad. This gif is a hilarious example. 

Of course Bones Jones was done for driving without a license. Why would that ever not happen? It looks like it'll just be more community service and fines, but still ... c'mon son. --- http://mmajunkie.com/2016/02/jon-jones-traffic-case-delayed-to-march

Meanwhile CM Punk has already pulled out of his fight. It's weird to feel sorry for a multi-millionaire superstar, but I kind of do. Not because he needs back surgery, but because he's become such a punchline.

3 hours ago, Davrum said:

Of course Bones Jones was done for driving without a license. Why would that ever not happen? It looks like it'll just be more community service and fines, but still ... c'mon son. --- http://mmajunkie.com/2016/02/jon-jones-traffic-case-delayed-to-march

Meanwhile CM Punk has already pulled out of his fight. It's weird to feel sorry for a multi-millionaire superstar, but I kind of do. Not because he needs back surgery, but because he's become such a punchline.

I get that feeling too. I mean, he's clearly in a privileged position but I get wanting to put yourself out there but it's just too late and it's kind of sad. 

That said...I'm markedly less sympathetic now. He went out there and met Gall despite knowing he had an injury which is just skeevy to me considering how much it meant to the kid. Either that or he was scared.

Either way, at this point my sympathies lie more with Gall so I'm kind of annoyed that we didn't get this CM Punk thing over and done with and might be forced to wait another year while god knows what happens to Mickey Gall. If he takes a fight and gets his ass kicked the shot he was promised might evaporate while Dana finds another Michael Jackson to take his place.

56 minutes ago, Gears of the Beast said:

Is anyone watching this Kimbo fight? I've seen a lot of shitty MMA but this is the worst. 

Easily the worst fight I have ever seen. That was an embarrassment to MMA.

Archived