How will Aegon face his final doom

purple-eyes

I am very curious about Aegon's story arc. Apparently he is a pretender, but he is still a dragon. It looks like he will grab a dragon, destory Lannister and take the iron throne for a while, until Dany comes with her dothriki. But my question is, how will his lie be slain? in other words, how will he be defeated and delcared to be fake?

Only Varys and Illryo knew the truth. Not even JonCon and people of GC. Aegon himself also geniuinely believe he is son of rhaegar. Sure, people would feel suspicous, but there is no real proof to say he is not Aegon. If he won, then people believe him. Unless Varys and Illryio confessed that he was a Balckfyre. But I do not think these two will confess Aegon is fake. Honestly this is quite hard to prove parentage in this universe.It is the same problem for Jon Snow and Aegon. One is hard to prove he is son of rhaegar, the other is hard to prove he is not son of Rhaegar.

So I have some thoughts here:

1. Aegon tried to claim a dragon, but fail like Quentyn, so he was proven to be fake by Dany saying: true dragon did not fear fire! (Jon was proved by calim a dragon sucessfully)

2. Aegon got one dragon. Dany thought he is her nephew, but she hated him because he claimed /stole her dragon and kingship of westeros, so she defeated him, after his death, Varys confess he is fake and start to work with Dany. This is like dance of dragons 2.0. rhaenyra knew very well who Aegon was, they just fought for the throne.

3. Wild card, Elia sand. This girl is very intersting. GRRM is almost shouting there to us: look, here is another Lyanna!

And we know what role Lyanna played in last rebellion. She was a regular little girl without much attention on her initially, she did some minor jousting and won three unnamed knights, then suddenly she was involved into something big and eventually caused the downfall of rhaegar and his dynasty.

I think GRRM is trying to tell us how things happened with Lyanna and how she was by giving us detailed story about Elia Sand. Honestly Elia had too many lines to show us how wild and unmanagable she is in even two chapters.We had these in two short chapters:

1. How she won Arianne and lady toland by riding.

2. how she claimed she is lady lance and flirting with knights.

3. how she kissed with feather, the man with ravens

4. how she went to cave by herself to catch two blind fishes (Aegon and JonCon!).

5. how she argued with Arianne about bastard and ransom and death stuff.

If this wildness is not meant to cause some big issue later, then GRRM is wasting his pages on her. Look at how he introduced other sandsnakes, just a couple of paragraphs. 

So I think Elia sand will do something due to her wildness, eventually stir a big problem and cause downfall of Aegon. The biggest possibility is obviously marriage. If Aegon agrees to marry Dany, get one dragon from her, but then break his betroth with Dany by eloping with Elia sand, then this may anger Dany and cause some big problem. evetually makes him die like rhaegar.

I am running out of ideas on this, what is your idea about the downfall of Aegon?

Bloodraven saw his half brother's royal standard three hundred yards away, and Daemon and his sons beneath it. He slew Aegon first, the elder of the twins, 

"I have an uncle Brynden," Bran said. "He's my mother's uncle, really. Brynden Blackfish, he's called."

"Your uncle may have been named for me."

Aegon was the name of the first Blackfyre killed in the Blackfyre Rebellions. I think the last Blackfyre killed will be this Aegon, and by the same way: bow and arrow by a man named Brynden. The Blackfish has shown to be a skilled archer on multiple occassions such as taking down the ravens at the Twins, sending the fire arrow into Hoster's funeral boat and putting an arrow in the rump of Ryman Frey's horse. I think the Blackfish will kill Aegon with bow and arrow. 

Aegon's fate...

On his deathbed, Ser Aegor Rivers had famously commanded his men to boil the flesh from his skull, dip it in gold, and carry it before them when they crossed the sea to retake Westeros. His successors had followed his example.

The Lost Lord, Dance 24

North of Yi Ti, the windswept plains and rolling hills that stretch from the Golden Empire's frontiers to the desolate shores of the shivering sea are dominated by a race of mounted warriors called the Jogos Nhai. Like the Dothraki...

...A thousand rival clans joined together and raised up a jhattar [the jhat of jhats and war leader of the whole people], a woman in man's mail named Zhea the barren...

...Zhea isolated each of Lo Bu's thirteen armies ... and destroyed them each in turn...

...Amongst the slain was Lo Bu himself... When his severed head was presented to Zhea, she commanded that the flesh be stripped from the bone, so that his skull might be dipped in gold and made into her drinking cup. From that time to this, every jhattar of the Jogos Nhai has drunk fermented zorse milk from the gilded skull of the Boy Too Bold By Half...

The only thing I'm fairly sure about is that after he dies the bells* are gonna start ringing, signalling a second failure for JonCon, a second Battle of the Bells/Stoney Sept for him, as well as a sort of things coming full circle. 

That would be a very good concept not to use. 

* The bells that sound when a king dies, of course. So it probably happens in King's Landing or Oldtown.

3 hours ago, purple-eyes said:

I am running out of ideas on this, what is your idea about the downfall of Aegon?

Initially successful, rallying the undeclared storm lords, getting Dorne and the Faith onside, having successes against the Tyrell-Lannister alliance (possibly stealing their underlings in the process). Dany invades, "everywhere the dragons danced, people died", and Aegon is eventually burned by a dragon, proving the (probable) whispers that he was a fake, and that Dany is the last Targaryen heir, not him.

I see the lies relating to Dany's identity rather than kingship. Aegon's lie is that he is a false Targaryen, stealing Dany's thunder by uniting the south as a Targaryen ruler. Similarly, Stannis' lie would be that he is a false Azor Ahai, stealing Dany's thunder by leading the fight against the Others.

1 minute ago, The Drunkard said:

Initially successful, rallying the undeclared storm lords, getting Dorne and the Faith onside, having successes against the Tyrell-Lannister alliance (possibly stealing their underlings in the process). Dany invades, "everywhere the dragons danced, people died", and Aegon is eventually burned by a dragon, proving the (probable) whispers that he was a fake, and that Dany is the last Targaryen heir, not him.

I see the lies relating to Dany's identity rather than kingship. Aegon's lie is that he is a false Targaryen, stealing Dany's thunder by uniting the south as a Targaryen ruler. Similarly, Stannis' lie would be that he is a false Azor Ahai, stealing Dany's thunder by leading the fight against the Others.

Yeah, but how dany decide he is fake?

Just because he took the throne before her? or because he can be burnt to death by a dragon? 

would not she be worried she may become a kinslayer?

Just now, CaptainJugular said:

I see Drogon burning his ass during the second dance. Either that or Stannis coming down to kill him. Hard to say at this point.

Though the thought of JonCon finding out he died for a fake is almost painful. 

I think given GRRM's preference for bastards, cripples and broken things, JonCon will outlive Aegon.

6 minutes ago, purple-eyes said:

Yeah, but how dany decide he is fake?

Just because he took the throne before her? or because he can be burnt to death by a dragon? 

would not she be worried she may become a kinslayer?

I think there'll be a general suspicion among many people that he's fake, but Dany will have HOTU prophecy and Quaithe's warnings tipping her over the edge into straight disbelief. 

"Soon comes the pale mare, and after her the others. Kraken and dark flame, lion and griffin, the sun’s son and the mummer’s dragon. Trust none of them. Remember the Undying. Beware the perfumed seneschal."

Also, if he marries Arianne/someone and then expects Dany to serve him, pride might play a part too.

1 hour ago, purple-eyes said:

i am wondering if that stone beast is Joncon to spread grey scale.

If so, he may die before Aegon.

I don't think so, or we would have seen a stone griffin instead of a stone dragon. Also, greyscale doesn't spread like the grey plague. 

2 minutes ago, Fire Eater said:

I don't think so, or we would have seen a stone griffin instead of a stone dragon. Also, greyscale doesn't spread like the grey plague. 

That is a stone beast, I remembered, not a stone dragon. But sure, beast can be any animal I guess.

I always feel his greyscale will make a big thing in the story, even the show transfered it to Jorah, which means it is sort of necessary.

I remembered in European history, there was one infected patient brought thousands of people's death.

Maybe Westeros will have something like this.

1 hour ago, Fire Eater said:

I think given GRRM's preference for bastards, cripples and broken things, JonCon will outlive Aegon.

Yeah, I agree, especially because he swore to put Rhaegar's son on the Iron Throne *wink wink nudge nudge*

1 hour ago, purple-eyes said:

i am wondering if that stone beast is Joncon to spread grey scale.

If so, he may die before Aegon.

Stone beast can't be jon con Because the lies deal with dany"s identity ...

Like false AAR and False Targ it has to be something related to dany that Someone have been stealing or claiming to be ..

Jon con being stone beast is like having Mel One of the lies after stannis

8 hours ago, Good Guy Garlan said:

The only thing I'm fairly sure about is that after he dies the bells* are gonna start ringing, signalling a second failure for JonCon, a second Battle of the Bells/Stoney Sept for him, as well as a sort of things coming full circle. 

That would be a very good concept not to use. 

* The bells that sound when a king dies, of course. So it probably happens in King's Landing or Oldtown.

Especially devastating for JonCon if Aegon dies from Greyscale contracted from JonCon, or as an indirect result of that (e.g. People turning against him for bringing death and disease). I see this as one possibility.

On 1/19/2016 at 7:24 PM, purple-eyes said:

I am very curious about Aegon's story arc. Apparently he is a pretender, but he is still a dragon. It looks like he will grab a dragon, destory Lannister and take the iron throne for a while, until Dany comes with her dothriki. But my question is, how will his lie be slain? in other words, how will he be defeated and delcared to be fake?

Only Varys and Illryo knew the truth. Not even JonCon and people of GC. Aegon himself also geniuinely believe he is son of rhaegar. Sure, people would feel suspicous, but there is no real proof to say he is not Aegon. If he won, then people believe him. Unless Varys and Illryio confessed that he was a Balckfyre. But I do not think these two will confess Aegon is fake. Honestly this is quite hard to prove parentage in this universe.It is the same problem for Jon Snow and Aegon. One is hard to prove he is son of rhaegar, the other is hard to prove he is not son of Rhaegar.

So I have some thoughts here:

1. Aegon tried to claim a dragon, but fail like Quentyn, so he was proven to be fake by Dany saying: true dragon did not fear fire! (Jon was proved by calim a dragon sucessfully)

2. Aegon got one dragon. Dany thought he is her nephew, but she hated him because he claimed /stole her dragon and kingship of westeros, so she defeated him, after his death, Varys confess he is fake and start to work with Dany. This is like dance of dragons 2.0. rhaenyra knew very well who Aegon was, they just fought for the throne.

3. Wild card, Elia sand. This girl is very intersting. GRRM is almost shouting there to us: look, here is another Lyanna!

And we know what role Lyanna played in last rebellion. She was a regular little girl without much attention on her initially, she did some minor jousting and won three unnamed knights, then suddenly she was involved into something big and eventually caused the downfall of rhaegar and his dynasty.

I think GRRM is trying to tell us how things happened with Lyanna and how she was by giving us detailed story about Elia Sand. Honestly Elia had too many lines to show us how wild and unmanagable she is in even two chapters.We had these in two short chapters:

1. How she won Arianne and lady toland by riding.

2. how she claimed she is lady lance and flirting with knights.

3. how she kissed with feather, the man with ravens

4. how she went to cave by herself to catch two blind fishes (Aegon and JonCon!).

5. how she argued with Arianne about bastard and ransom and death stuff.

If this wildness is not meant to cause some big issue later, then GRRM is wasting his pages on her. Look at how he introduced other sandsnakes, just a couple of paragraphs. 

So I think Elia sand will do something due to her wildness, eventually stir a big problem and cause downfall of Aegon. The biggest possibility is obviously marriage. If Aegon agrees to marry Dany, get one dragon from her, but then break his betroth with Dany by eloping with Elia sand, then this may anger Dany and cause some big problem. evetually makes him die like rhaegar.

You're making a giant leap when you say Aegon will try to steal a dragon.  The nearest dragon is thousands of leagues away and he is 100% loyal to his mother, the Mother of Dragons.  The other two are even farther away. 

What will likely get Aegon killed, if he gets killed, is the coming battle with Randyll Tarly.  Dorne and the Reach hate one another.  I expect Dorne to side with Aegon and he will end up fighting Randyll Tarly on the battlefield. 

Another danger I can see for Aegon is Darkstar.  I am of the opinion that Darkstar is an illegit son of King Aerys II and a Dayne. 

Archived