Help Needed on selling Meisha Merlin / Sub Press Set

macdaddy39

Hi all,

Been a long-time lurker but just joined today !!  Here's the help I'm looking for from you kind folks.  I've on the verge of putting up on the Bay my beloved set of Meisha Merlin & Sub Press novels.  Actually planning on doing a nice surprise vacation to celebrate one of my kids' upcoming graduation with the proceeds.  Here's the question.  I have a matching set of the first four volumes: Meisha Merlin GOT & ACOK and then the Sub Press ASOS & AFOC.  These four are all matching numbers (#411).  When ADOD went on sale, cash was tight so I didn't purchase the volume at that time.  However, a few months later, I lucked into scoring a copy direct from Sub Press when they announced later on that they had a few unclaimed copies left and got the ADOD volume from them at that time (#413).  Pretty close on the matching set !!  When I put these volumes up for sale, am I better of just listing the four matching volumes or listing all five volumes with the fifth being "unmatched".  I don't know if I'm better off selling the matching series of the first four or including all five (which allows gives future rights to purchase the next volumes from Sub Press) and, since I'm using the proceeds to fund a graduation celebratory trip, I'd like to try and maximize the gain.  Absolutely destroys me to let these books go but knowing I'm using them for something positive is a great trade-off.  Anyhow, thanks in advance for taking the time to read.  I've been trying to find a similar auction on the Bay as a point of comparison, but have been unable to find one.  Pretty wild how much the MM GOT & ACOK are going for......  Any feedback/advice would be greatly appreciated !!  Thanks all !

I would keep the set together as you will get more if you are offering rights to the next books. Also having ASOS is a plus since that's one of the hardest books to find.

Since you don't have the Sub Press AGOT or ACOK, (A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms?) you won't get as much for your set since it is not considered a full set. I would say $6-7K??

Archived