Large flying creature seen in Dany/Drogon Scene.

Rufiodies

So in the scene where Drogon is lying hurt in a pile of bones, after Dany rides Drogon from the Great Pit, 

39 seconds in, or about that, there is a large flying creature in the background and Drogon seems to notice and turn his head towards it. It seems too large to be a bird.

Now I don't have any knowledge of GoT in universe zoology, so maybe there are huge birds, or maybe there aren't. If there are direwolves, maybe there are dire eagles? 

But thats boooooring, and I'm wondering if maybe one of Dany's other dragon's was released in the chaos of the assassination attempt. 

Has anyone checked on them? Surely the Mereenese, who have a fear of dragons from when Valaria still existed, would attempt to kill Dany's dragons as well as her. 

This is mentioned in the novels if i'm not mistaken, and I even think Hizdar mention's killing the dragons as well... Maybe it was one of the conditions of peace to lift the siege of Mereen? I know it was mentioned, that much is sure. 

Maybe I'm just grasping at strings... or wings in this case, but I think its an interesting theory

So Theoretical - The Sons of the Harpy attempted to kill Rhaegal and Viserion during the chaos but failed and one or both escaped. 

Watch for yourself and decide.

Archived