Maisie Williams hint about Jon Snow

katb93

On 4/27/2016 at 9:51 PM, evita mgfs said:

Bran [Issaac] said in an interview that he will be a kingmaker, among other powers - including an earthquake - some environmental disruption.

I see Jon's resurrection occurring in the WF crypts through the magic of the greenseer and his teacher who will die to reanimate Snow.

However, a glamored Edd or random wildling will be in the guise of JS - and Ramsay will kill Jon - Jon will die again, but his face will dissolve to reveal Edd or whomever.

The earthquake will align with Jon's rising as a Stark and King of Winter, and Bran will turn stone to flesh, and the Stark statues will rise as King Jon Stark Targaryen's army.  BR will warg Ghost as his final life, and Ghost will be transformed into the Ice Dragon:  red eyes, wolf face, and dragon wings.

Ghost will breathe fire too.

Avert! Avert!:(

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone seems to have forgotten that Jon burned his hand badly when fighting off Otho the wight in book 2...

I'm currently rereading it & it gets mentioned in every Jon chapter which suggests that even if Jon is Targaryen, as suspected, it doesn't matter as he's not Blood of the Dragon or he wouldn't have got burned by the lantern oil.

Now that we know it's Melisandre trying Thoros' trick that resurrects him & that there's a big battle for WF with Ramsey the sicko (I really want him to have some interesting experiences before he expires :D ), I'm thinking Jon becomes King in the North & somebody else gets to be dragon rider #3....could be one of the Starks (I'm hoping for Arya, but it could be Bran too as we know for definite that they're wargs & it's not clear if Stansa or Rickon are) or someone who hasn't appeared yet.

Dani has to go to Ashaii at some point & she's stuck in Vaes Dothrak with the Dosh Khaleen for now - maybe the dragons Tyrion released will rescue her, or Drogon will recover & set Vaes Dothrak on fire? 

5 hours ago, Boutoo said:

I'm currently rereading it & it gets mentioned in every Jon chapter which suggests that even if Jon is Targaryen, as suspected, it doesn't matter as he's not Blood of the Dragon or he wouldn't have got burned by the lantern oil.

It's been rather established that Targaryens burn rather well, actually.

26 minutes ago, Boutoo said:

Targaryens, yes. Blood of the Dragon, no...remember how Dani got the eggs to hatch?

Now go play Mr Clever Cloggs with someone your own size :P

Blood of the Dragon simply refers to Targaryen features. Dany didn't burn during the birth of the dragons as there was bloodmagic involved (in the books her hair does burn off completely though).

it has been used that way, yes, however when Dani's thinking to herself about Viserys she says that he's not 'blood of the dragon' because he's a whiny little git & later because the molten gold burns him. If he'd been blood of the dragon he wouldn't have burned. Dani likes her bathwater scalding hot (1st Dani chapter in Pentos), plus her hands don't burn when she takes the eggs out of the fire & Jhiqui's do (experiment during the trek to Vaes Dothrak). 

What I glean from how Dani's story has played out so far, is that the term lost it's meaning over time due to only the Targaryens surviving the Doom (the other families who made it to Dragonstone didn't have dragons etc) & many of them being either half mad or completely so.

GRRM is history mad (ASOIF is based upon the wars of the roses) & history teaches us that the meanings of things get lost and/or distorted over time & it's been over 300 years since the Doom. He's also very 'tiny detail that's easy to overlook/forget about & come back to screw you later' oriented, so the theory fits with his thinking/style

• 2 months later...
On 5/10/2016 at 4:54 AM, Boutoo said:

it has been used that way, yes, however when Dani's thinking to herself about Viserys she says that he's not 'blood of the dragon' because he's a whiny little git & later because the molten gold burns him. If he'd been blood of the dragon he wouldn't have burned. Dani likes her bathwater scalding hot (1st Dani chapter in Pentos), plus her hands don't burn when she takes the eggs out of the fire & Jhiqui's do (experiment during the trek to Vaes Dothrak). 

What I glean from how Dani's story has played out so far, is that the term lost it's meaning over time due to only the Targaryens surviving the Doom (the other families who made it to Dragonstone didn't have dragons etc) & many of them being either half mad or completely so.

GRRM is history mad (ASOIF is based upon the wars of the roses) & history teaches us that the meanings of things get lost and/or distorted over time & it's been over 300 years since the Doom. He's also very 'tiny detail that's easy to overlook/forget about & come back to screw you later' oriented, so the theory fits with his thinking/style

Just some food for thought.  Here are a couple of things Martin has said on the theory that Targaryens are immune to fire: 

So Spake Martin from November 05, 1998 - EGG AND THE TARGARYENS

Lastly, some fans are reading too much into the scene in GAME OF THRONES where the dragons are born -- which is to say, it was never the case that all Targaryens are immune to all fire at all times. 

Transcript of Chat with George R. R. Martin on March 18, 1999

Granny

Do Targaryens become immune to fire once they "bond" to their dragons?
George_RR_Martin

Granny, thanks for asking that. It gives me a chance to clear up a common misconception. TARGARYENS ARE NOT IMMUNE TO FIRE! The birth of Dany's dragons was unique, magical, wonderous, a miracle. She is called The Unburnt because she walked into the flames and lived. But her brother sure as hell wasn't immune to that molten gold.

Revanshe

So she won't be able to do it again?
George_RR_Martin Probably not.

Archived