NFL 2016 Championship Week Three Rebels and the Empire

Howdyphillip

11 minutes ago, Bonesy said:

Brutal.

Really looking forward to the Superbowl.

We'll finally see if Santa Clara groundskeepers can put together a field worth playing on.

Also, the Broncos will make a guest appearance at the Panthers' coronation.

Probably gonna be better than Coldplay.

1 minute ago, Jaime L said:

8Zu1muA.gif

It's supposed to be an exhibition!

AN EXHIBITION!!!

According to ESPN stats,  7 turnovers by Cardinals are the most by any team in any playoff game since the Packers had 8 in the 2001 NFC Divisional Playoff at Rams

C'mon Cards, you can do this!

1 minute ago, trickster said:

Actually the last time Peyton was playing in the SB.

Yeah but now he's two years wiser. I can't see this Peyton making the same mistakes as immature 37 year old Peyton did. 

I'm hoping its a good Super Bowl, but I'm thinking the Panthers are gonna beatdown the Broncos bad. And I say that as someone who did pick the Broncos to the Patriots, so I've had faith in them before. Panthers are just at another level though.

Panthers owner Jerry Richardson and Peyton have some bad blood between them. Richardson famously told Peyton and Drew Brees to "Sit down and Shut Up!" at a player bargaining conference during the last NFL lockout. Peyton , sporting a broken neck at the time, was told by Richardson to stop talking about player safety issues because, "You dont know what your talking about."

There was a bit of press about it at the time-

Panthers Owner Jerry Richardson Insults Peyton Manning, Incurs ...

www.stampedeblue.com › panthers-owne...
Feb 14, 2011 - "Jerry Richardson . . . he's going to criticize Peyton Manning and Drew Brees and their intelligence in ...

More details emerge on Jerry Richardson's interaction with ...

NBC Sports › profootballtalk › 2011/02/14
Feb 14, 2011 - ... owner Jerry Richardson spoke to Colts quarterback Peyton Manning and Saints quarterback Drew Brees in a ... He HATES Bill Polian and this is his way of tweaking Bill's pasty beak.

Jerry Richardson Insults Peyton Manning, Drew Brees: Panthers ...

Huffington Post › 2011/02/14 › jerry-ric...
Feb 14, 2011 - Carolina Panthers owner Jerry Richardson apparently mocked star quarterbacks PeytonManning and ...

Jerry Richardson Insults Peyton Manning, Drew ... - Football ...

Football Outsiders › extra-points › jerry-r...
Feb 14, 2011 - 19 posts - ‎1 author
I get the impression that Jerry Richardson has taken up permanent ..... And they hate him for it. 27 ...

If the Broncos offense is not overwhelmed by the physicallity of the Panthers D, Denver will have some chance for a win. Manning seems to have accepted his limitations and has re calibrated accordingly. He has been careful with the ball ever since he came back and has not been trying to make plays that he is no longer capable of making. He will have an extra week of rest to get a little more healthy.

In order the win, Denver needs to play a perfect game.

They need to make sure that they do not fuck up on the special team.The offense needs to avoid turnovers and score about 20 points.

The Denver  defense needs to play a disciplined game, they have the secondary to play one on one and contain the Panthers receivers. The D line has to contain Cam. They will need a defensive score or a short field by creating a TO.

The Panthers are a juggernaut and will be favourites. But they probably looked better than they really are courtesy of Palmer and co. Arizona played like crap. Carolina had a lot to do with that. But Plamer played a horrible game regardless of what the Panthers did. 

6 minutes ago, Bonesy said:

Wow! That was so crap, no one is talking about it.

I feel bad for Arizona. Hell of a way to end what was a really good season. That said, Carolina has owned this playoffs on the NFC side. 2 laughable wins against the powers of the NFC West. Have to give credit where credit is due. These guys have been a juggernaut all season long.

Archived