NFL 2016 Championship Week Three Rebels and the Empire

Howdyphillip

4 minutes ago, Red Tiger said:

Love the title, would be even more perfect if Denver didn't have any Super Bowls either, but the point remains, New england has more than all of them combined.

What are your predictions?

I just can not pick two road teams, and I have NE as a lock, so NE and Carolina for the Superbowl. 

I am saying it first, We are all Panther fans in just under three weeks. (Except for those with love for the Empire)

10 minutes ago, Howdyphillip said:

I just can not pick two road teams, and I have NE as a lock, so NE and Carolina for the Superbowl. 

I am saying it first, We are all Panther fans in just under three weeks. (Except for those with love for the Empire)

I'm afraid, should your predictions hold, that my team will also end up carrying the hopes of Sarah from Seattle and anyone else who thinks Cam Newton is a disrespectful young buck.

3 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

I'm afraid, should your predictions hold, that my team will also end up carrying the hopes of Laura from Seattle and anyone else who thinks Cam Newton is a disrespectful young buck.

Just a thought... There may not be too many NE fans crossing over from Seattle this year.

There is one thing that holds fan bases all over the country together, and that is a hatred for the Patriots. Embrace it, I did for years and years as a Cowboys fan. It comes from success.  

Just now, Tywin et al. said:

I can't believe this will be Brady's 10th conference title game. Individually, he's been to more than 27 teams.

I want to see RGIII in a pats uniform so bad, so I can know if the GOAT and the GOAT could have done it without each other.

4 minutes ago, Howdyphillip said:

There is one thing that holds fan bases all over the country together, and that is a hatred for the Patriots. Embrace it, I did for years and years as a Cowboys fan. It comes from success.  

Okay, but where did the hatred for the Cowboys since the mid 90s come from?

Just now, DanteGabriel said:

Okay, but where did the hatred for the Cowboys since the mid 90s come from?

Habit and Jerry Jones... If I had not been raised a Cowboys fan since the Tom Landry era, I would not be a fan of the team today. As it is, being a Cowboys fan has taught me a lot about sportsmanship in fandom over the last couple of decades. 

I meant to reply to this in the previous thread:

On 1/17/2016 at 8:13 PM, Jaime L said:

Troy Aikman: "There's no way Russell Wilson believes this game is over"

Yeah, but he also believes God manipulates the outcome of games so that he can provide teachable moments to the masses through his chosen vessel: Russell Wilson.

Somebody should write an article expanding on this theme. For example:

NFC Championship Game (Jan 18, 2015 vs. Green Bay). Moral: Never give up. No matter how deep the hole you are in, with a little bit of luck, it is always possible to climb out.

Superb Owl XLIX (Feb 1, 2015 vs. New England). Moral: Don't over-complicate things. Sometimes the obvious solution is the best one.

NFC Divisional Playoffs (Jan 17, 2016 vs. Carolina). Moral: Don't make a habit of digging yourself into deep holes. Nobody is lucky 100% of the time.

6 minutes ago, Altherion said:

NFC Championship Game (Jan 18, 2015 vs. Green Bay). Moral: Never give up. No matter how deep the hole you are in, with a little bit of luck, it is always possible to climb out.

Superb Owl XLIX (Feb 1, 2015 vs. New England). Moral: Don't over-complicate things. Sometimes the obvious solution is the best one.

NFC Divisional Playoffs (Jan 17, 2016 vs. Carolina). Moral: Don't make a habit of digging yourself into deep holes. Nobody is lucky 100% of the time.

Unless you're Andrew Luck, in which case 60% of the time, you're lucky every time.

6 minutes ago, Altherion said:

Unless you're Andrew Luck, in which case 60% of the time, you're lucky every time.

31 minutes ago, Altherion said:

Hahaha, I can see Russell Wilson reflecting on these over a glass of warm milk. Unlike Russell Wilson, and his blessed fanbase, my God doesn't talk to me directly. So I'm forced to come up with morals on my own.

NFC Championship Game (Jan 18, 2015 vs. Green Bay). Moral: Whenever God closes a door, he opens a Mike McCarthy

1 hour ago, Jaime L said:

Hahaha, I can see Russell Wilson reflecting on these over a glass of warm milk. Unlike Russell Wilson, and his blessed fanbase, my God doesn't talk to me directly. So I'm forced to come up with morals on my own.

NFC Championship Game (Jan 18, 2015 vs. Green Bay). Moral: Whenever God closes a door, he opens a Mike McCarthy

:lmao:

I just spilled my tea on the keyboard.

:lmao:

The good news:  The Broncos are in the championship game, it is being held in Denver, and Manning doesn't look near as bad as he did earlier in the year.

The bad news:  Im fucking flying on Sunday and will board the plane ten minutes before kickoff for the three hour flight.  Oh and Chris Harris has a bum shoulder, Hoodey can coach circles around Kubiak, and Brady looks to be about six years younger than Manning when throwing to Gronk.

I actually give Denver a pretty good chance this week, though if money was on the line I would go Pats.  I desperately hope Kubs has some surprises in store; like say an up tempo offense that targets tight ends in the middle of the field once in a while?

Devin McCourty will consume Owen Daniels in between the hashes.

I'm not being hyperbolic. The linebackers will hold him down while McCourty performs a horrifying ritual in which he feasts on the man's organs to pay tribute to his dark god. Then his dark god will be in another championship game.

Then the TE position reverts to Virgil Green, Darren Fells, and one-play Vernon Davis.

ETA: So apparently Aaron Rodgers is upset about the coinflip... Fuck him, a damn crybaby. It's not even like the Packers won the first 'toss' anyways.

Honest to god.  I forgot all about the Vernon Davis trade.  Has he had a catch since his second game with Denver?  I can't remember one.

Virgil Green has potential but has also had a case of the dropsies (a pass catcher for the Broncos?  Can't be!).  That said I just want Kubs to let the Patriots know that he remembers there even IS a middle of a field to keep the safeties honest for a while. I feel that teams can currently just double team the sidelines with the current play calling.

Well, I'm going all road again.  This is Brady.  The Pats are largely healthy.  While Manning looks slightly better than earlier this season, he doesn't seem capable of throwing a ball into a light breeze.  And I think the mental strength is in part mitigated by going against Darth Hoodie & co, who tend to be one of the smarter teams out there.

As far as Cards/Panthers, it's more because I think the Cards are a more complete team.  Very similar quality defenses, but I trust Palmer & co more than I trust Cam and the pussycats that pretend to be Panthers WR's.  

ETA:  I'm 8/8 so far.  Hoping I'm 10/10 at the end of this week.

Archived