Crazy Theories you really like

Last Villain

If people could stop criticizing theories on a Crazy Theory thread, that would be great.

I'm also on board with the theory that Quentin Martell is alive. That guy who tried to tame a dragon is obviously toast, though: He was an imposter that Doran found in the Water Gardens (while still young enough to be convinced into believing he was Quentin) and sent to be fostered by the Yronwoods. The real Quentin is with Mellario, but I don't know where they're hiding.

Webber, whose mysterious disappearance spawned theories about her magic powers and immortality.

OK. So Rohanne Tarbeck was named after Rohanne Webber, but that would make Rohanne Webber 115, so yeah, it's crazy enough, although the World book only says she "vanished under mysterious circumstances in 230 AC".

If we're going for old birds, better make her Rohanne of Tyrosh, Daemon Blackfyre's wife. She would have motivation to send Dany to Asshai in a wild goose chase and impede the last Targaryen from taking the IT.

I hope we'll discover why Rohane Webber disappeared one day. Did magic prolong her life, as it did Melisandre's? Did she go off to Asshai or somewhere else to pursue magical knowledge? Was she killed in a magical experiment that went wrong? Did the Lord of the Seven Hells claim her soul?

Ramsay is AA Come on, tell me how honorable man candefeat ice demons? Ned couldnt even take Lannisters, Jon amd Dany would be crushed, AA needs to be very sick man that makes WW feel scared and who better than Ramsay. I ask Lord of Light to show me AA but he only shows me (Ramsay) Snow.

He was reborn admist salt and smoke, in burning WF and among salty Ironborn, he has more dragon personality than any Targ ever, he has Stannis' sword that will become Litghbringer when he kills fat Walda with baby inside, during red comet he achived the most from all characters, he became lord even if he is a bastard and comet showed him way to Hornwood that will become process of his rebirth as AA, he was lead by Hdhorr to get caught and imprisoned, he was led back to Dreadfort to get an amry and become AAR.

Sorry to bring this, but things move fast in this thread

Quaithe = Shiera or Rohanne

I couldn't recognize who "Rohanne" is. Did you mean Rohanne Tarbeck, who would be around 70 years old by the time of ACoK? Other Rohanne?

I think Quaithe is Dany in the future using a glass candle. Missendei comes into room while Dany is talking to Quaithe and finds her talking to herself

I love the Bloodraven and Sheira = Melisandre one.  I was so ready to laugh this theory off until I read a long essay about it and was like "holy crap, this is actually plausible."

What! i want to read this theory! where is it?

Ooooo... You might consider listening to the Radio Westros podcast about Mel. Sooooo goood!!

The towers Melisandre sees in her vision in Dance are those outside King's Landing and not Oldtown (though I do think the Ironborn will attack Oldtown, I think the vision foreshadows them taking another Westerosi city - and it fits in with Mel's misinterpretation of her visions; she will think the Oldtown attack is what she saw until they attack KL).

Visions danced before her, gold and scarlet, flickering, forming and melting and dissolving into one another, shapes strange and terrifying and seductive. She saw the eyeless faces again, staring out at her from sockets weeping blood. Then the towers by the sea, crumbling as the dark tide came sweeping over them, rising from the depths. 

The sea coming to two towers, if Melisandre's vision is as symbolic as Jojen's in Clash, refers to Krakens and the Greyjoys. In Clash, when the Baratheon ships are sailing into Blackwater Bay, Davos notices the two towers that are connected by Tyrion's chain. 

As the second line swept past the twin towers, Davos took a closer look. He could see three links of a huge chain snaking out from a hole no bigger than a man's head and disappearing under the water. The towers had a single door, set a good twenty feet off the ground. Bowmen on the roof of the northern tower were firing down at Prayer and Devotion. The archers on Devotion fired back, and Davos heard a man scream as the arrows found him.

He also notices other towers later in the same chapter:

Beyond the castle, King's Landing rose on its hills behind the encircling walls. The riverfront was a blackened desolation; the Lannisters had burned everything and pulled back within the Mud Gate. The charred spars of sunken hulks sat in the shallows, forbidding access to the long stone quays. We shall have no landing there. He could see the tops of three huge trebuchets behind the Mud Gate. High on Visenya's Hill, sunlight blazed off the seven crystal towers of the Great Sept of Baelor.

What Melisandre sees is the Greyjoys attacking King's Landing. 

Crack theory: This one's a two-fer of lost histories...

1) Jon learns he's Lyanna and Rhaegar's son, but never gets any tangible proof and almost no one believes it. Instead the history books remember him as Ned Stark's bastard who was legitimized by his half-brother Robb as his heir and became Jon Stark, King in the North, through whom all future Kings in the North claim their descent.

2) Sansa never regains her identity, but escapes her fate as Littlefinger's pawn and becomes the Lady of Winterfell regardless by marrying her cousin Jon Stark under the guise of Alayne Stone. The history books remember Sansa Stark as a minor figure who schemed to murder King Joffrey and was likely disposed of shortly thereafter by the other conspirators (her body was never found), while Queen Alayne Stark is remembers as a beloved figure by the common folk for rising above her lowly birth to become queen.

3 hours ago, bryan_targaryen said:

I think Quaithe is Dany in the future using a glass candle. Missendei comes into room while Dany is talking to Quaithe and finds her talking to herself

Thanks. I've read about Quaithe being Dany and also being Rhaella (Dany's mom.)

Since you mentioned Missandei, there's a couple of theories that say she's a Faceless Man and that she's a CotF in disguise. She's too savvy for a 11 year old slave.

So no one believes that Tyrion is Dany's time-traveling fetus with Drogo, transported by MMD into Joanna's womb? I love that one. If Tyrion is going to be a secret Targ, then let him be one with a difference. 

I love this thread! How about Hodor being the way he is because he was practicing in the yard in the Eyrie with Ned & Robert when they were Jon Arryn's squires an Hodor said Lyanna didn't want to marry Robert so he beat him over the head repeatedly with a practice sword until Jodie was senseless and he's been that way ever since?

26 minutes ago, bryan_targaryen said:

I love this thread! How about Hodor being the way he is because he was practicing in the yard in the Eyrie with Ned & Robert when they were Jon Arryn's squires an Hodor said Lyanna didn't want to marry Robert so he beat him over the head repeatedly with a practice sword until Jodie was senseless and he's been that way ever since?

i would rather believe that hodor was beaten or unhorsed by lyanna herself when he said lyanna needed to marry Robert baratheon. 

23 hours ago, Victarion Chainbreaker said:

If people could stop criticizing theories on a Crazy Theory thread, that would be great.

I'm also on board with the theory that Quentin Martell is alive. That guy who tried to tame a dragon is obviously toast, though: He was an imposter that Doran found in the Water Gardens (while still young enough to be convinced into believing he was Quentin) and sent to be fostered by the Yronwoods. The real Quentin is with Mellario, but I don't know where they're hiding.

In Essos to be sure. I agree with this theory.

Mance is the grandson of Maegor Brightflame (the one year old son of Aerion whose claim to the IT was passed over in 233 in favor of Egg.)

(ETA - And Stannis knows.)

And, of course, the Cheddar Conspiracy.

Illyrio "The Cheesemonger" Mopatis and Butterbumps are brothers (both obese, agile, and linked by dairy product references). They are working with Olenna Tyrell (House Tyrell colors - green and gold, the team colors of the Green Bay Packers, whose fans are called "Cheeseheads"). Of course, they have preserved a hidden heir to House Darry.

Archived