So Who hired The Assasin on Bran in the show?

Kaguya

I would say it was still Joffrey, however it ultimately went the Tysha road. D+D introduced the element, but after that decided against the payoff. It´s still somehow sense-making that Jaime and/or Cersei tried to kill Bran and that´s enough for the audience.    

I just assume that it was Joffrey on the show as well. It was for the best that the show didn't spend any time paying that off, as it wasn't all that impressive of a payoff in the books in the first place. It didn't feel right.

Sorry, guys, I owe to remember this but did Tyrion ever found out for a fact that it was Littlefinger who framed him?  I know that he worked out that Joffrey stole it from Robert's provision wagon but can't remember if he knows about LF's involvement or not

It is not jnown in the show, but in the books he very much knows and wanta revenge, bt he thinks he is too valuable to be killed in the moment when he was Hand.

On 1/21/2016 at 4:14 PM, Morgana Lannister said:

Sorry, guys, I owe to remember this but did Tyrion ever found out for a fact that it was Littlefinger who framed him?  I know that he worked out that Joffrey stole it from Robert's provision wagon but can't remember if he knows about LF's involvement or not

In the show? Yes, he did.

In this scene, he says "so much to be thankful for" while glancing at Littlefinger, indicating that he knows Littlefinger framed him. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITWD1SLIUOw

Wait.... maybe someone can help me out, but I always thought it was Jamie who hired the assassin. Even in the books. 

Jamie and Cersei believe that only Jon Aryn figured out their relationship, and it's ..... implications. Cersei kills Jon Aryn. 

Why would Joffrey have any reason to hire a hit on Bran? Joffrey doesn't know how or why Bran fell. Only that he did.

The only people who know what Bran saw other than Bran are Jamie and Cersei. For all Joffrey knows, Bran was climbing alone, and just fell. He certainly has no idea he isn't Robert's son.... so why need a hit on Bran?

How would LIttlefinger know? He was in Kings Landing. There weren't any spies in the abandoned tower, and Jamie and Cersei believe their secret is safe. If they thought LIttlefinger had any insight, he'd be as dead as Ned and Jon Aryn. However, if Littlefinger hired the assassin, it would need an explanation, even in the books, but I don't recall that.

3 minutes ago, ShadowKitteh said:

Wait.... maybe someone can help me out, but I always thought it was Jamie who hired the assassin. Even in the books. 

Jamie and Cersei believe that only Jon Aryn figured out their relationship, and it's ..... implications. Cersei kills Jon Aryn. 

Why would Joffrey have any reason to hire a hit on Bran? Joffrey doesn't know how or why Bran fell. Only that he did.

The only people who know what Bran saw other than Bran are Jamie and Cersei. For all Joffrey knows, Bran was climbing alone, and just fell.

How would LIttlefinger know? He was in Kings Landing. There weren't any spies in the abandoned tower, and Jamie and Cersei believe their secret is safe. If they thought LIttlefinger had any insight, he'd be as dead as Ned and Jon Aryn. However, if Littlefinger hired the assassin, it would need an explanation, even in the books, but I don't recall that.

If LF had anything to do with it, he would be doing it for very different reasons that have nothing to do with what Bran saw.

LF would have done it (assuming he had some means to do it) specifically in order to spark conflict between Lannisters and Starks, setting them on the path to war.

27 minutes ago, Hippocras said:

If LF had anything to do with it, he would be doing it for very different reasons that have nothing to do with what Bran saw.

LF would have done it (assuming he had some means to do it) specifically in order to spark conflict between Lannisters and Starks, setting them on the path to war.

Still seems like a weird plot point, and a bit of dues ex finger in the dam of the impending plot implosion. Basically it seems like a round about way to fill a plot hole, while creating an epic coincidence or several. Maybe it's just me.

44 minutes ago, ShadowKitteh said:

Still seems like a weird plot point, and a bit of dues ex finger in the dam of the impending plot implosion. Basically it seems like a round about way to fill a plot hole, while creating an epic coincidence or several. Maybe it's just me.

well then i guess you are happier with the official explanation that joffrey did it because he thought it woukd please his "father".

An annoying over site by the showrunners. Not bringing it up again is a sin. Finding out in the books that it was Joffrey in a foolish bid to gain Robert's approval makes it all the more tragic. Maybe the tension would have died down since Bran couldn't remember why he fell, but somebody trying to kill him makes the whole thing impossible to deny. One foolish impulsive act made war all but inevitable.

5 hours ago, The Broke Howard Hughes said:

An annoying over site by the showrunners. Not bringing it up again is a sin. Finding out in the books that it was Joffrey in a foolish bid to gain Robert's approval makes it all the more tragic. Maybe the tension would have died down since Bran couldn't remember why he fell, but somebody trying to kill him makes the whole thing impossible to deny. One foolish impulsive act made war all but inevitable.

Bullshit, it's a pointless random aside that makes no difference to the plot going forward.

Sin? Get some perspective and grow up!

12 hours ago, Mother of Mountains said:

Bullshit, it's a pointless random aside that makes no difference to the plot going forward.

Sin? Get some perspective and grow up!

There's a certain point in a discussion when you realize the person you're talking to has only read the Cliffs Notes.

Cat arrested Tyrion for trying to kill Bran, which caused Tywin to send The Mountain into the Riverlands. Which caused Jaime to attack Ned in the street, which escalated a tense situation to become violent. Saying its a Random pointless aside is just insane. Either you're a complete moron, haven't actually READ the book, or are just a troll. I'm betting #3.  In any case to quote Tyler Durden: This conversation. Is OVER.

18 hours ago, The Broke Howard Hughes said:

I thought that the reveal was a bit weak in the books and it didn't really make much sense. I mean, really? Did Joffrey really think he would gain Robert Baratheon's approval by hiring an  assassin to kill a comatose cripple? We're talking about a man who fought in two rebellions, killed a crowned prince, and brought an end to a dynasty. Plus, how was Joffrey supposed to gain Robert's respect if he never told him about it? The whole thing seems like Martin simply threw it in there to tie up a loose end in the lamest possible way.

Archived