Which military unit would you most want to belong to?

Floki of the Ironborn

13 hours ago, Good Guy Garlan said:

The Golden Company. If a chump like Strickland managed to rise through the ranks all the way to general, anyone could do it. 

Firstly Stickland has a famous name. You probably don't.

Plus a mercenary company is a for-profit organisation. Having a banker type making decisions is important. He likely defers to his sub-commanders for all important work. But there's more to mercenary work than fighting. There wheeling and dealing your clients. Working out logistics. Conflict resolution. 

17 hours ago, GallowsKnight said:

Do City Watches count? Because being a member of the Oldtown City Watch would be good. Get all the benefits of living in a big city. I can probably rise with time to some senior position. Avoid big wars, crackheads, take occasional bribes and retire into some sort of trade when I lose my fitness. Like run a tavern or brothel.

If not that, the Golden Company. Because they're the best and probably don't fight a lot (most mercenary companies probably don't do as much fighting as people think).

Crackheads would be half the fun of being in the Civil Watch

KG, I would eventually become LC and sit in a small council, I would lead royal armies in Kings name and train every day to become part of elite fighters, but much more like Garlan and not like Loras.If not KG a captain in Redwyne fleet, if not that Oldtown city watch, then GC, captain in Royal fleet and that would be it. Others not really.

20 hours ago, aryagonnakill#2 said:

For realz,  I live in upstate new york where climbing is big, and I mean real climbing, but I still would not in my wildest dreams attempt a thousand foot high sheer cliff of pure ice, nor do I know a single human being who would.

On top of that you might have someone come along and start pouring buckets of rocks on your head. 

Summer Island Archer seems alright. Travel the world and all the sex.  I would even consider taking a vacation or two and entering tourneys in Westeros for Archery obviously.  The feather cloak and dark skin probably would be a huge bonus in scoring with the Westeros chicks hitting up that "exotic angle". Even more so if I won or did really well in the tourney.

A city guard of White Harbor. All that fish and seafood I will be able to eat ... that would be very nice. And White Harbor is just beautiful. 

The household guard of Manderley might also be fun because they have SILVER TRIDENTS and you have also the seafood but it might be more dangerous than being the city guard. 

I'm surprised no one has said the Kingsguard, that is defiantly what I would pick. Standing along side the most revered knights in the realm would be a huge honor, every boy dreams of being in the Kingsguard when he is older! 

I did and I was surprised I was the only one, the best option by far, LC is quite powerful man, plus you get to wear the best outfit.

If Im not lord of some of better houses (level Tarly or Royce at least) I would like to be LC of KG (certanly much better than being lord of Bear island, not to mention various city watches and sellsword companies and NW)

If I could choose I would want to be part of Tyrion's wildfire artillery crew who fought against Stannis's advancing forces outside the walls of King's Landing. Apart from the dangers of wildfire exploding in my face, I would be safe up on the walls of the city shooting at enemies from below and watch them being engulfed by my wildfire missiles like a video game.

Archived