Which military unit would you most want to belong to?

Floki of the Ironborn

20 hours ago, dariopatke said:

I did and I was surprised I was the only one, the best option by far, LC is quite powerful man, plus you get to wear the best outfit.

If Im not lord of some of better houses (level Tarly or Royce at least) I would like to be LC of KG (certanly much better than being lord of Bear island, not to mention various city watches and sellsword companies and NW)

I think it is the celibacy part that is discouraging lol 

On 1/23/2016 at 0:36 AM, Sandcat said:

Lannisport City Watch, safer than being in Oldtown because there are no Ironborn attacking nearby.

In the current books yes. But over the years Lannisport probably has a bigger threat of Ironborn raiders due to it's proximity. Though really both are likely to be mostly safe, because the Ironborn would raid the less protected areas of the regions.

On 1/24/2016 at 2:53 AM, House Southwell said:

I think it is the celibacy part that is discouraging lol 

I think the commanding officers pretty much turn a blind eye to the occasional visit to town to bed a tavern wench.

Unless you were there when the wall was being attacked, it's not something your are going to be executed for.

On January 24, 2016 at 5:14 AM, dariopatke said:

Oh come, point is that they cant marry and have children, they certanly could go to whorehouse to get KLs finest.

I know night watch leader turned a blind eye to whore visiting. 

I am not sure about KG. Do we know they are unofficially allowed to visit whores? 

I tend to believe so because alys said his brothers visited brothels frequently. If so, it is probably hard to keep as secret. 

But I am not sure. 

Archived