Football: gegenposting

Iskaral Pust

8 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

I think he's on some kind of pay-as-you-play thingy. 

Pardew must be mad. By all accounts, he's an utter wanker. He's been a toxic presence in every single dressing room he's ever been in. 

Let's be fair, pay-as-you-play for Adebayor could turn out to be a stroke of genius. When he's playing for a contract he's one of the best strikers in the world; this could be a fair attempt to bottle that magic on a more consistent basis. 

2 hours ago, polishgenius said:

Let's be fair, pay-as-you-play for Adebayor could turn out to be a stroke of genius. When he's playing for a contract he's one of the best strikers in the world; this could be a fair attempt to bottle that magic on a more consistent basis. 

Indeed. Though I was mistaken, it's not pay as you play. It appears Palace are paying him £65k per week, with Sp*rs making up the difference to the £100k that he is contractually owed.

But yeah, you're right. He's essentially playing for a new contract, so in all likelihood he'll be sensational for Pardew.

And we should totally sign Shaqiri. Can't imagine he's got any intention of staying in Mordor for anything more than two seasons. I love watching him play. Dude plays exactly the way Oxlade-Chamberlain should be playing. 

And even though he's just a shit Ibrahimović (:P), I wouldn't mind having Arnautović as well.

Fair enough, but I figure strikers who can actually move are West Ham's weakness, so I'm hoping Benteke gets the start this weekend.  Ogbonna and Reid handled him effortlessly at Anfield last time out, and now that the Ginger Pele has somehow worked his way into our starting eleven, I'd really rather not play a Liverpool attack with any real movement, regardless of whether they know how to kick a ball or not. 

9 hours ago, Spockydog said:

And we should totally sign Shaqiri. Can't imagine he's got any intention of staying in Mordor for anything more than two seasons. I love watching him play. Dude plays exactly the way Oxlade-Chamberlain should be playing. 

Don't forget that he's not only an Orc, but a nazi asshole as well.

11 hours ago, Soylent Brown said:

Ha! Perhaps, but Henderson needs game time to get back to 100%, and recovery has never been an issue for him in the past.

And I'm still not convinced with Firmino anyway. He's been getting praise for his recent performances, but his first touch is often bad and he strikes the ball so so poorly most of the time. Can anyone else think of a really good player who can't kick the ball properly?

Walcott?

So Roberto says

“My philosophy and my way of working is not to keep clean sheets, my philosophy is to win games,”

and 

What I like is an action that’s about winning games and achieving things.”

I reckon this is his way of saying sorry for being a failure. Seriously, if you're critizised for having a leaky defense, and (with our league position last year, plus our current position, in mind) this is his defense ....

He's simply not that bright, is he?

40 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

25m for Ramires...gotta give Chelsea credit for this. Just like with Luiz. They know how to sell their players and profit from it...where as others wouldn't.

That's just ridiculous. 25m by the current 9th place team in China for Ramires? Has to be some shady dealing there. Doesn't make much sense.

37 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

25m for Ramires...gotta give Chelsea credit for this. Just like with Luiz. They know how to sell their players and profit from it...where as others wouldn't.

I rate Ramires and think it's quite weird that he's being shuttled off because a temporary manager doesn't like him. 
He's also far too good for China, surely. 

And even though he's just a shit Ibrahimović (:P), I wouldn't mind having Arnautović as well.

I dunno what Hughes has said to Arnautovic since he's arrived, but there's clearly a good relationship there, coz he's gone from a moody, inconsistent and slightly lazy player to someone who combines proper skill with really putting himself about. 

His finishing is shocking though. 

Archived