Football: gegenposting

Iskaral Pust

Real Madrid and Atletico have their bans suspended by FIFA. They will be able to make a signings in the summer.

As i said before. Just like with Barcelona. If you want to teach clubs a lesson, then ban them and be done with it. This such a circus seriously.

38 minutes ago, Iskaral Pust said:

Except worse because Sturridge is our highest paid player and limits our willingness to sign a top quality striker because we live in vain hope.

So he's a big drain on our financial resources and blocking our recruitment of probably the most critical position in the team. We need him to either get healthy for the long term or else move on. I think the decision will be made this summer, which is why the coaching staff are keeping him focused on his fitness training and not trying to rush him into the team.

I understand why the owners wanted Danny to be our "franchise player" after Suarez. He has the talent and star quality, just not the tenacity and robustness. Suarez only missed games for his long bans.

Yeah, I meant it like frequently injured. 18 injuries, 614 days, 54.8% of his time with us was Sturridge injured. Quite a shocking stats. This going to Diaby's level, but for us it's much worse as you said it.

I agree. If it's not going to change...something will happen in the summer. It can't go like this forever and this crucial position.

23 hours ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Well, 30 is still a good age for CB, yeah Terry is getting old.

Sure, 30 is still a good age for CB and Ivanovic and Cahill could still have a couple of great years left in them, but there is a reason why most top clubs offer their players over 30 one year extensions only. One injury, or a prolonged run of bad form can see either Ivanovic or Cahill or both out of the club. Even if that doesn't happen, it takes a while for a new player to fit in and over time replace the older player so bringing in a perspective young player at this point would make perfect sense.

pretty grim above the knee tackle on messi. athetico started looking pretty on top of things. eventually a team with players like barca has will wear you down, and they did. going down a man will probably spell the end for athletico's chances of finding even a point in this one.

5 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Elneny looks very good indeed. 

He looks decent. I like that he moves the ball really quickly and seems to have solid positioning but I have seen him pushed off the ball a few times. I think he'll be good for Arsenal.

Not impressed at all with Giroud today. Seems to barely move and when he does stick his foot in, he makes a poor touch. Would like to see Walcott come in for him.

4 minutes ago, MercifulChief said:

pretty grim above the knee tackle on messi. athetico started looking pretty on top of things. eventually a team with players like barca has will wear you down, and they did. going down a man will probably spell the end for athletico's chances of finding even a point in this one.

Yeah that was an awful tackle, glad it seems like Messi is okay. Both barca goals were so good. 

neymar to epl:

i watch a good amount of barca. neymar is clearly a brilliant player. but, la liga is fairly kind when it comes to the physicality of the games. it keeps being said that neymar will follow pep to whichever manchester he lands at (my money is city). 

can a dashing flair player like neymar survive in the epl? i think he would go the way of aguero and score a bunch of goals and be dazzling but go down to injuries too often. 

24 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Not impressed at all with Giroud today. Seems to barely move and when he does stick his foot in, he makes a poor touch. Would like to see Walcott come in for him.

I only switched on in the second half, but that seems to be summed up by the moment a few minutes ago where Elnenny took the ball and ran through a couple of lines of defence with more and more defenders coming to him, and Giroud did nothing to take advantage and just stood there with his hands up wondering why Elnenny hadn't made a pass that was never on.

9 minutes ago, MercifulChief said:

can a dashing flair player like neymar survive in the epl? 

I don't really see why not. The 'is he big enough' question seems to get asked every time a small attacker or midfielder moves to England, and the only time I've ever seen it actually be true was with Aspas. Some of the best players in Prem history have been tiny flair players. 

The fans have been turning out in big numbers to watch the second XI here and against Exeter. They show some hunger and would probably do even better if Benteke offered better movement up front.

But if Tompkins get injured from a clash of heads with Joe Allen, then I assume that head will be in a sling for weeks as it hangs in shame.

18 minutes ago, Rorshach said:

Perhaps Joe Allen doesn't like pretty boy millionaires?

Probably not. Who does?

He certainly doesn't like shooting the ball anywhere near on target either, it seems. 

Archived