Football: gegenposting

Iskaral Pust

10 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

LVG is a football genius.

Doubt this performance will shut up his more vocal critics though. Of late we have tended to follow up a victory with a dissapointing result and performance. Lets hope we can build on this performance and go on a run. Oh, and Martial is a boss.

Just now, Consigliere said:

Oh, and Martial is a boss.

He has his issues - his off-the-ball movement is improving, but still needs some work, and his first touch can be ropey at times - but once he's got the ball down and running at a player he's fucking sensational. 

The beauty of Vardy's first goal is only surpassed by Liverpool's inability to respond when getting a goal behind.

They could dominate the game, concede a goal and lose every ounce of confidence they've ever had.

Foster became Neuer today. It was disgusting. 11 shots on target and zero goals.

Arsenal is fucked. 1st to 4th in no time. 2 wins in 7 games. Looking like they once again let a perfect opportunity pass them by due to the quality of their team. No excuses today. They had a million opportunities.

Deserved by Leicester, who have a predictable m.o. but are daring everyone to stop it. Their goal was a bit lucky in its brilliance but Vardy has found a way to score from at least one long ball in most of his games -- is it really that lucky if he did it again?

Liverpool look toothless, badly lacking in creativity or imagination and this season is a write-off in the league. We're a mid table team hoping to realize a cup run against the odds.

There's a lot of work for Klopp ahead. This is the cumulative effect of many years of bad transfers unfortunately.

8 hours ago, baxus said:

I don't know how that works, but I'm fairly certain that before such news are announced there are some sort of contracts signed that would ensure Pep moves to City much better than a bunch of people thinking he's an ass if he doesn't.

Ultimately, at worst there may be a pre-contract agreement signed with a financial penalty clause if broken. Unless that clause is for a truly unfeasibly large amount (in which case it would likely be contestable in court) then Man U or Chelsea or Arsenal would simply give Pep the money to pay it off - and that's even if a court agrees it's enforcable. So, on its own, a pre-contract (even if it exists) is not much of a protection.

Arsenal......wow. More points dropped, they could not be less convincing.

This should be their year with Chelsea having taken a virtual sabbatical, United's many woes and City looking wobbly.

But no, not even then will the title be theirs.

4 hours ago, Calibandar said:

Arsenal......wow. More points dropped, they could not be less convincing.

This should be their year with Chelsea having taken a virtual sabbatical, United's many woes and City looking wobbly.

But no, not even then will the title be theirs.

We're still in it, but barely.

Hugely frustrating to see Coq on the bench and The Ramini lining up in midfield last night. How many more abject performances does Wenger need to see before he admits that it simply isn't working? I think it's time to see what Coquelin / Elneny looks like.

And fuck Walcott. Once again, the season after conning a new deal out of the club, he's done absolutely fuck all. One goal in 17 is bad enough, but his overall contribution to the team is such that we might as well be playing with 10 men when he's on the pitch. We've had ten years of his shit. He has to go.

ETA: Apparently, Theo earns more than Alexis. Bet that's going down well with the wee Chilean.

2 hours ago, Spockydog said:

We're still in it, but barely.

Hugely frustrating to see Coq on the bench and The Ramini lining up in midfield last night. How many more abject performances does Wenger need to see before he admits that it simply isn't working? I think it's time to see what Coquelin / Elneny looks like.

And fuck Walcott. Once again, the season after conning a new deal out of the club, he's done absolutely fuck all. One goal in 17 is bad enough, but his overall contribution to the team is such that we might as well be playing with 10 men when he's on the pitch. We've had ten years of his shit. He has to go.

ETA: Apparently, Theo earns more than Alexis. Bet that's going down well with the wee Chilean.

I'll say this. As underwhelming as Ramsey and Flamini were, it wasn't the reason we drew. We had 11 shots on goal, 10 of which was from inside the box and like 5 of them from 6 yards or closer. We drew yesterday because we couldn't finish and Foster had a blinder. 

But I agree, fuck Walcott from the right. We need to be utilizing him at CF where he looked his best. The best Arsenal has looked all season was early on with Walcott at CF, Ozil at CM, Sanchez at LM and Ramsey at RM. Play that way with Coquelin/Elneny as CM and I bet we start to look better up front. Giroud's lack of movement kills me. He's so much more effective when he comes on as a substitute to bring some power after Walcott runs the back line ragged. 

1 hour ago, Mexal said:

I'll say this. As underwhelming as Ramsey and Flamini were, it wasn't the reason we drew. We had 11 shots on goal, 10 of which was from inside the box and like 5 of them from 6 yards or closer. We drew yesterday because we couldn't finish and Foster had a blinder. 

But I agree, fuck Walcott from the right. We need to be utilizing him at CF where he looked his best. The best Arsenal has looked all season was early on with Walcott at CF, Ozil at CM, Sanchez at LM and Ramsey at RM. Play that way with Coquelin/Elneny as CM and I bet we start to look better up front. Giroud's lack of movement kills me. He's so much more effective when he comes on as a substitute to bring some power after Walcott runs the back line ragged. 

Yes, the finishing was poor last night. But I don't think it's a coincidence that the only two games we have won this year did not begin with The Ramini in midfield.

As for Walcott, I can't remember the last time he ran anyone ragged. Yes, he put in a couple of decent performances at CF six months ago, but that's it. It's easy to see why Wenger is so reluctant to play him up top.

And yes, I'd much rather see Ramsey out wide. He's certainly better than Walcott in that position, and it would allow Wenger to populate his central midfield with actual central midfielders.

And Iwobi should definitely be playing more games. I'd play him and Campbell before Walcott.

5 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Yes, the finishing was poor last night. But I don't think it's a coincidence that the only two games we have won this year did not begin with The Ramini in midfield.

As for Walcott, I can't remember the last time he ran anyone ragged. Yes, he put in a couple of decent performances at CF six months ago, but that's it. It's easy to see why Wenger is so reluctant to play him up top.

And yes, I'd much rather see Ramsey out wide. He's certainly better than Walcott in that position, and it would allow Wenger to populate his central midfield with actual central midfielders.

And Iwobi should definitely be playing more games. I'd play him and Campbell before Walcott.

I agree with most of what you said. Walcott stopped playing CF cause he got injured and Giroud had good form plus Sanchez got injured for 2 months. As we know with Giroud, his form is brilliant for a few weeks then he goes into a 10 game rut and Wenger doesn't drop him. I think if Walcott played CF, he'd run the CBs a little bit more than he does on the right side. Plus he brings the CBs back and creates space between CM and CBs cause of his threat behind that allows Ozil/Sanchez a little more room to work. Either way, this Walcott on right and Giroud up top isn't working.

Agreed on Iwobi. He's looked really good in his few games and I"d love him to get a chance to get a few more games, especially over Chamberlain and Walcott. I'd rotate him with Campbell to keep them both fresh.

13 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

apparently China are now the 3rd biggest spenders in world football, and have the highest average spend per player. 

They signed a lot of players in Brazil last month. Almost half of the current champion's team.

Archived