Football: gegenposting

Iskaral Pust

Leicester might actually win this. Away at the Etihad!

Get this result, and beat Arsenal next week (and we are probably going to do an Arsenal and fuck it up again) and they are really clear at the top. Tottenham and City play each other next week so it's a golden opportunity for Leicester to really make it happen.

Everybody who hates United is going to laugh his or her ass off if we actually get Mourinho.

The one single person in football I hate and have said for years I want nothing at all to do with the club.

Anyone but him. Don't do it. Just don't do it.

This is amazing. Leicester are going to go 6 points clear. Even if Tottenham and Arsenal win, they'll still be 5 points clear. And then play Arsenal next week, while Tottenham/City play each other so one or both of them will drop points.

Anyway. Still plenty of time in the season to go but whatever happens now with the actual league title, I think everyone would agree Leicester are the story of the season.

Even with a third of the season to go they're looking good for at least a Champions League slot and that's going to cause United some grief. In a season where Chelsea imploded, freeing up a slot in the traditional top four, and Liverpool aren't strong contenders, United would have fancied their chances. But Leicester and Tottenham have rushed into the gap.

This is turning out to be a comfortable victory. And it's not as though City have been sucker punched; Leicester have been the better side. Right now Leicester are playing with freedom but there will come a point when the players may be in sight of the title. I wonder if they will continue to play with this freedom or crack the way Liverpool did.

As time goes on the pressure will increase but I honestly think it won't make much difference to Leicester. They aren't expected to win anything. Liverpool (by contrast) had a huge amount of pressure on breaking the drought etc and were in some ways 'expectable' winners. Plus Leicester are lucky to have Ranieri - while he hasn't won the Premier League (I think he's come 2nd), he knows what it's like being up there near the end of the season.

If I were a Leicester fan I'd be more worried about a long-term injury to Vardy or Mahrez.

14 minutes ago, MercifulChief said:

So many want to use this as a chance to shit on Manchester  city rather than praise Leicester city. Those people are petulant jealous fucks.

Indeed. Leicester was better team from the very first minute. Hart produced other good saves and they're playing incisive, crisp attacking football which is great to see. Leicester can win it, but they're not expected to do so. They're still to many people catchable. If it was Man Utd, Chelsea or at that time Liverpool. People will be going yeah favourites and they are running away with it. It's disrespectful and I hope Leicester can do it. That would be along with Nottingham Forest greatest surprise. They've been promoted and win it. Leicester was fighting relegation battle and now at the top of the table.

poor tiote.

his last two goals called off. one against city last season or the one before and now today vs. west brom. what a strike from such a long way out. i am really happy he didn't get sold to whatever forgettable chinese club was after him. he will at least still have that strike vs arsenal. that one didn't get called off.

luckily mitrovich still got his though. should be up 3-0. i hope the toon go out and keep up this pressure and win comfortably. 

and liverpool, get your shit together and thrash sunderland. fucking come on, you bastards.

Hm.... We don't look good today - not much effort, and too many players standing still. Luckily, they're standing still in defense, which means Stoke isn't getting through. 

Stoke are funny today. It's like watching us last year. Lots of possession, lots of slow passing around in the middle, very little end product. Also shit defensively. 

I really like being three up. Makes it less likely we'll lose (note: not impossible, unfortunately).

Archived