Star Wars Rebels (All Star Wars Spoilers)

Corvinus85

There was a thread but it got archived, so I made this one for all spoilers.

Last episode brought Leia into the show. A fairly good episode all in all.

Discussions on other SW threads about Rebels centered about the potential of survival for the Jedi in the series, considering the OT's premise and plot, as well as possible connections with the Force Awakens and Rogue One.

And for any who have not seen it, here is a pretty good mid-season 2 trailer.

3 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

There was a thread but it got archived, so I made this one for all spoilers.

Last episode brought Leia into the show. A fairly good episode all in all.

Discussions on other SW threads about Rebels centered about the potential of survival for the Jedi in the series, considering the OT's premise and plot, as well as possible connections with the Force Awakens and Rogue One.

And for any who have not seen it, here is a pretty good mid-season 2 trailer.

Love that trailer.

I had never watched an episode of Rebels all the way through until my son and I caught the first couple of episodes of season two On Demand.  I'm not exactly sure of the chronology, but we also watched the 60 minute episode "Siege of Lothal."  I have yet to figure out whether or not that should have been watched after the ones I saw where they meet Rex and the other clones or before...

Anyways, Vader was a suitable badass in that episode.  Lifting a flaming AT-ST walker off himself with the force and then dogfighting solo against an entire elite rebel squadron of A Wings and a capital ship.  That one 60 minute episode sold me on the entire show.

I have serious reservations as you note about the state of the Jedi in the galaxy other than Luke, but that one sequence of events with Vader was some of the best I've seen.

12 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Love that trailer.

I had never watched an episode of Rebels all the way through until my son and I caught the first couple of episodes of season two On Demand.  I'm not exactly sure of the chronology, but we also watched the 60 minute episode "Siege of Lothal."  I have yet to figure out whether or not that should have been watched after the ones I saw where they meet Rex and the other clones or before...

Anyways, Vader was a suitable badass in that episode.  Lifting a flaming AT-ST walker off himself with the force and then dogfighting solo against an entire elite rebel squadron of A Wings and a capital ship.  That one 60 minute episode sold me on the entire show.

I have serious reservations as you note about the state of the Jedi in the galaxy other than Luke, but that one sequence of events with Vader was some of the best I've seen.

The Siege of Lothal was technically the start of season 2. They had a mini-movie for the start of season 1 as well which introduced the characters. Season 2 has been pretty solid so far. And I loved those episodes with the clones: Clone Wars AT-TE vs. Imperial AT-AT. 

3 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

Season 2 has been pretty solid so far. And I loved those episodes with the clones: Clone Wars AT-TE vs. Imperial AT-AT. 

Watched that one this morning.  It was good.  The hiding in the sandstorm felt like something from Hunt for Red October.  :lol: 

Nice episode if a little underwhelming in comparison with the trailer. A very typical 'Rebels' episode that didn't do much new, albeit I thought Ezra was well handled - his grief wasn't forgotten about, but wasn't allowed to dominate either. Hearing Leia's theme was nice, and her little talk with Ezra about trying to help because she can. 

I would have liked Leia to show signs of being a little younger here and there - not in appearance but in personality. I mean, she's what - fifteen or sixteen? But she was already almost totally poised and confident.

Chopper continues to be my hero, bless the cute little psycho. 

1 hour ago, dog-days said:

Nice episode if a little underwhelming in comparison with the trailer. A very typical 'Rebels' episode that didn't do much new, albeit I thought Ezra was well handled - his grief wasn't forgotten about, but wasn't allowed to dominate either. Hearing Leia's theme was nice, and her little talk with Ezra about trying to help because she can. 

I would have liked Leia to show signs of being a little younger here and there - not in appearance but in personality. I mean, she's what - fifteen or sixteen? But she was already almost totally poised and confident.

Hard to place it in the timeline specifically, because we don't know when this part of Rebels takes place specifically, but she's 14-15. Born 19BBY, Rebels is 5BBY.

ETA: Siege of Lothan is 4BBY, so yeah, 15 sounds about right.

On 23/1/2016 at 3:01 AM, dog-days said:

Yeah, I enjoyed the episode on it's own but am looking for more after that trailer.  I feel like most of it is probably going to wait until near the end of the season, but I expect another 2-3 Inquisitor episodes and at least 1 with Ahsoka involvement before then.  If she's in it more than that then she might be toast in the finale, if they keep her involvement at that level there is still too much story there for her to be killed off yet.  I suspect Rex will be toast though, he's had a lot of good screen time and is the perfect level of character for some emotional punch.

On timelines, I saw somewhere on reddit that we are currently ~3years before ANH, although I'm not sure if that was this episode or one of the last couple from the first half.  Ezra and Leia are 16 now I think (with him being a couple of days older).  He's getting a new, older model next season which is needed pretty badly at this point since apparently 2 years have passed in the show already.

How much will they start threading in ANH into the timeline as they go forward? 

As I said in the VIII Thread one time, I expect that Ezra and Kanan will be integral into establishing the School Luke will eventually found.  The more I think on it, how the heck is Luke going to go about getting enough students to fill the school for the Knights of Ren to slaughter?  He's not doing home recruiting visits like a college basketball coach will, that's certain.  Something has to have been prepared for him.

I think it will eventually out that it actually WAS Kanan who meets Poe at the start of VII, being there to keep a watch on Rey.

10 hours ago, Corvinus said:

Rumor about a favorite EU character appearing in the next season of Rebels.

http://makingstarwars.net/2016/01/rumor-the-largest-cameo-in-star-wars-rebels-chistory/

This would be tits! I refuse to get my hopes up, though bringing that character back may get some of the old EU canon fans taking an interest again.

Jax - I initially assumed it would have to wrap up before ANH, but at the rate they are moving, and with my growing confidence they won't kill off all of Ezra/Kanan/Ahsoka, I think it makes much more sense to stretch it out to at least TESB, if not all the way to ROTJ. There's a lot going on in between the movies that could be filled in.

On Sunday, January 31, 2016 at 10:09 PM, karaddin said:

Jax - I initially assumed it would have to wrap up before ANH, but at the rate they are moving, and with my growing confidence they won't kill off all of Ezra/Kanan/Ahsoka, I think it makes much more sense to stretch it out to at least TESB, if not all the way to ROTJ. There's a lot going on in between the movies that could be filled in.

I agree. Essentially it will matter how long Disney decides to let the show go on and whether any of the Rebels characters make it to live action.  

Just because that would be amart, doesn't mean Disney will do it. 

Last night's episode was a little to Star Trekkian to my mind...It didn't work overly well for me.

Also, saw a new conspiracy theory that Snoke is actually Ezra...though, of course, the timing doesn't appear to work on that one...

Because I downgraded my cable deal a couple of days ago, I lost the ability to watch the show on TV. I didn't know Disney XD was among those channels. :bang:

So I haven't watched the latest episode. I am considering buying the season pass on Amazon, $20, though people have been complaining about how Amazon and iTunes are charging for each half of the season separately.

2 hours ago, Corvinus said:

Because I downgraded my cable deal a couple of days ago, I lost the ability to watch the show on TV. I didn't know Disney XD was among those channels. :bang:

So I haven't watched the latest episode. I am considering buying the season pass on Amazon, $20, though people have been complaining about how Amazon and iTunes are charging for each half of the season separately.

This is another reason why I'm not jumping off the cable bandwagon...as stated in the Cable Thread over on Gen Chat...

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, RumHam said:

I recently finished Clone Wars and have been working my way through this. The title of the season finale really doesn't bode well for Ahsoka.

Hidden Content

Could be a misdirection, and refer to Vader. Apprentice is a sith term, and Ahsoka was never sith. Ok, clutching at straws a bit, since I'm fond of Ahsoka. Ezra could also be the apprentice. Or it could be all three of them - depending on your pov, of course!

Archived