Star Wars Rebels (All Star Wars Spoilers)

Corvinus85

1 hour ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

What started as a seemingly formulaic episode this week turned on its heels when Thrawn entered the room and suddenly I thought things got a little more awesome.  

I'm loving how they're handling Thrawn so far, this episode was pretty awesome. 

Other than Thrawn it's the little things that really make the impact for me - the Empire gradually becoming slicker and more precise, looking more like an army and navy than the garrison forces in the early seasons. The process whereby they've gone from an enemy that the Rebels could just toy with and exploit with relative ease to a fairly relentless pursuit.

I especially liked the canyon scenes - first, during the ambush, one of the Stormtroopers gets shot and the other two don't flinch; and then later the avalanche tactic that in earlier seasons would have probably ended the pursuit lasts all of 5 seconds

23 minutes ago, ab aeterno said:

I especially liked the canyon scenes - first, during the ambush, one of the Stormtroopers gets shot and the other two don't flinch; and then later the avalanche tactic that in earlier seasons would have probably ended the pursuit lasts all of 5 seconds

I dunno...the battle scenes are still a little eye rolling to me.  The imperials literally can't hit anything that's 5 feet away from them.  And the beginning, where they're chasing the two Twilek's, who are riding those beasts - speeder bikes - and the troop carrier thing for that matter - should easily be able to overtake those animals.

10 minutes ago, HokieStone said:

I dunno...the battle scenes are still a little eye rolling to me.  The imperials literally can't hit anything that's 5 feet away from them.  And the beginning, where they're chasing the two Twilek's, who are riding those beasts - speeder bikes - and the troop carrier thing for that matter - should easily be able to overtake those animals.

I see it more as they're maintaining formation with the troop carrier, rather than splitting up and and getting picked off individually - plus, as indicated by the dialogue, the Empire has cut off their escape root, so there's no need to take the risk. They're following an actual battle plan, not just running around individually. 

ETA: Of course, there's always suspension of disbelief to consider, otherwise the heroes would never win.

9 minutes ago, ab aeterno said:

ETA: Of course, there's always suspension of disbelief to consider, otherwise the heroes would never win.

Well yeah...but my suspension is pushed pretty hard on occasion.  I think the worst was in one of the very first couple of episodes, Zeb was climbing up a wall, and there were 2 stormtroopers literally 5 feet away from him, and they were just shooting the wall on either side of him.

Of course, I've been playing Star Wars Battlefront on my Xbox...and I can't seem to hit anything, so maybe I'd make a good stormtrooper.

21 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

Is this show worth watching?.

I guess you wouldn't know as you're hardly in it :P

But it's arguably from your golden days so you may enjoy the nostalgia.

22 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

What started as a seemingly formulaic episode this week turned on its heels when Thrawn entered the room and suddenly I thought things got a little more awesome.  

He saved the episode. It's good to have a character that is smart rather than ninja-kickass powerful. Although there was that moment of temper.

4 hours ago, red snow said:

He saved the episode. It's good to have a character that is smart rather than ninja-kickass powerful. Although there was that moment of temper.

Admit it, you'd lose your temper too if you were dealing with the idiocy of the Imperial officers. 

1 hour ago, Howdyphillip said:

No...  We all just post page after page of discussion on shows we don't like. (sarcasm included for no additional charge) 

Wow,an American who understands sarcasm, I'm almost impressed!!.

5 hours ago, red snow said:

I guess you wouldn't know as you're hardly in it :P

But it's arguably from your golden days so you may enjoy the nostalgia.

Well, seeing a band of plucky rebels succeed all the time doesn't fill me with a desire to watch :P.

14 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

Yes, it is. It shows the beginning of your end. Perhaps now you will finally understand.

Oh no my young wraith, you are mistaken, it is you who do not understand, I live on in Rey:P.

Good episode. Nice to have a Hera-centric one and, of course, Thrawn was great. Loved his brief rage-fit,  which highlighted his alienness, what with hissing and inhuman facial expression, reminding us that he isn't just a normal guy painted blue. The incompetent captain not recognizing that Hera wasn't a servant, when she was wearing her pilot-ish togs and Rebel insignia(!) was a bit over-the-top stupid. At first I thought that it even detracted from Thrawn's perspicacity, but then I remembered that he had known that rebels were around even before he bumped into Hera, so it is all good.

OTOH, they can only play the "Thrawn lets Ghost crew escape in the name of study" card for so long. All his investigations are, presumably, aimed at eventually manipulating them in a way that would allow him to get at and destroy the Rebellion as a whole. We already know from the season premiere that he considers Sato's group to be only a small fry and an unworthy target on it's own.  Obviously, it is a foregone conclusion that Thrawn will fail in his overall goal, but he needs to do some real damage and be on a cusp of victory for his character to retain integrity and for the creators to avoid provoking  fury of his many fans. So, normally I'd say that Cham and his resistance movement are doomed, as are Sato and his cohorts, except for our protagonists. But will a children's cartoon really go there? Hm...

Didn't like the previous episode as much as some, perhaps because I'm not really into Thrawn. But - I loved this week's episode. It was funny and meta and a little sad all at the same time, which is one of my favourite combinations! 

Archived