Star Wars Rebels (All Star Wars Spoilers)

Corvinus85

44 minutes ago, Week said:

Is there anywhere to watch this for cord cutters? Seems like the only options are via cable or an exorbitant price on Amazon. 

I don't find the price on Amazon too ridiculous. That's how I do it. And no, I don't of any other, legal way of doing it.

23 hours ago, dog-days said:

Didn't like the previous episode as much as some, perhaps because I'm not really into Thrawn. But - I loved this week's episode. It was funny and meta and a little sad all at the same time, which is one of my favourite combinations! 

There was a sadness in the sense both sides lost in the clone war and it was a good episode for Rex. I'm always surprised at how much they can cram into an episode sometimes. Most 20 minute shows would have settled for a clone wars re-enactment battle. Rebels then throws the empire in for good measure too.

5 hours ago, Week said:

Is there anywhere to watch this for cord cutters? Seems like the only options are via cable or an exorbitant price on Amazon. 

I think sling tv has Disney xd in its kids package if you have that.

Good episode. Though it, again, dances around the issue that annoys me a lot - namely, that the clones were effectively slaves. Yet neither the Jedi, nor even senators opposed to escalation of hostilities and increase of the clone army (which was a very dumb proposal anyway- because even with accelerated aging, didn't the clones need 10 years to mature?) ever brought up that aspect. PT just ignored it, TCW did touch on it, but only very circumspectly, in that deserter episode and in the Fives-brain-chip arc from the last season. This episode does the same thing.

Also, given the evident strength of the clone programming, why did Palpatine retire (most) of them?  Why didn't he use them until they were used up? And how could he think it safe to retire them? How could they have possibly handled it? I mean, Rex, Wolff and Gregor have always been pretty exceptional and removal of the chip may have helped them not just with resisting the Order 66, but with loosening their conditioning in general.

It also continues to be disturbing that the battle droids obviously have personalities and desire to survive, yet get treated as a complete fodder even by their own droid commanders and  excitedly execute suicidal charges, etc. It is part and parcel of the generally schizophrenic  SW treatment of droids, of course...

11 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

It was good.  I liked having Ezra speak for alot of people over how, in the end, dumb a lot of the entire concept of the Clone Wars was...

Well... there may have been a nudget of a decent idea there, but the execution... And of course it makes zero sense that given billions(!) of casuallties, devastated worlds, etc.,  the Republic citizens were content to leave things in the hands of the clones, with the exception of  some planetary militias. It would have worked better either if the war resulted in relatively low civilian casualties, so that it would have been believable for the citizens to happily pawn off the fighting and the dying on some unconnected mercenaries - which is what clones were ... or if Palpatine used the devastation and  citizens' desire for fighting back/revenge to start building an independant volonteer force that later became the Imperial army.   

• 3 weeks later...

I was a little disappointed by this week's episode. It really felt like the kind of story where there needed to be some consequence, rather than what we got which seemed like an overly fairy-tale esque happy ending. Even if none of Iron Squadron were going to go down, Thrawn's Star Destroyer should at least have run down Sato's Command Ship.

Episodes like this are in danger of making Thrawn look less like he's patient and strategising and more like he's so reluctant to do anything that he'll eventually set up his own demise. 

I agree that they're in danger of dragging Thrawn and his plan out a bit too long...last couple episodes have been nice, but the overall story as a whole.feels.in danger of spinning it's wheels...particularly after the episode with Maul set up so much...

A forgettable episode. But could we hope that Constantine gets replaced after this debacle? Sloane, please! Also, this only strengthens my feeling that Sato is a goner. Thrawn let him escape because he intends to manipulate Sato's group into leading him to other parts of the Rebellion, so that he can destroy everybody at once. Of course, there is a perennial problem of a children's show  not being able to actually depict a terrible defeat of the rebels that Thrawn's strategy should lead to. So, maybe he is a goner too? In the moment of his triumph, of course, which would give the  otherwise completely outplayed and outmatched  rebels a chance to escape?

• 2 weeks later...

After two lackluster episodes, this one was a treat. Every episode with Thrawn in it has been quality, and this one, I think more than previous ones. I liked seeing his keen intellect, but also his long term planning. He knows that just clever tactics is not enough to beat the rebels.

I also enjoyed a return to Lothal. I liked seeing the rebels efforts on Lothal, and when the suggestion was thrown out there to bring another cell into it to destroy the factory. We'll see if that happens.

And of course the Agent Kallus reveal was nice, though not unexpected.

It was solid. Felt like the chains were moving...but I'm still looking for the big finish, and I have zero idea how that's going to work...everything from the first couple episodes and with Maul seems to have been completely dropped in favor of the Thrawn machinations, which seem to be distinct, yet still lack definition, if that makes sense...

On 11/19/2016 at 7:43 PM, ab aeterno said:

I was a little disappointed by this week's episode. It really felt like the kind of story where there needed to be some consequence, rather than what we got which seemed like an overly fairy-tale esque happy ending. Even if none of Iron Squadron were going to go down, Thrawn's Star Destroyer should at least have run down Sato's Command Ship.

Episodes like this are in danger of making Thrawn look less like he's patient and strategising and more like he's so reluctant to do anything that he'll eventually set up his own demise. 

Yeah, "Iron Squadron" and "The Wynkathu Job" were both episodes that served as reminders this is a show mostly for children that is ultimately run by a corporation. In other words--filler. The Hondo episodes are getting a bit stale for me at this point and the only thing that made the Iron Squadron not totally worthless was learning the real life Rebels Recon crew were their inspiration. From the last two posts though it looks like last night's episode, :Inside Man," was a bit more substantive. I'm looking forward to catching up on that one.

2 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

Yes, I hope that's really the Ghost. And if even one of the characters has a cameo, I will lose my shit. :P

I'm expecting a name drop, "Captain Sendula checking in..." without seeing Hera in actuality...

Just now, Jaxom 1974 said:

I'm expecting a name drop, "Captain Sendula checking in..." without seeing Hera in actuality...

Yep, that's what I'm thinking, too. Plus you would think that if the entire Ghost crew was there, alive and well, Ezra and Kanan would want to go down on the planet to participate in the mission, and their skills would make them quite useful. I think it would be funny if it's just Chopper on the Ghost, and we get a cameo.

Archived