It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia II: A starter thread?!? This is a finisher thread!!

Theda Baratheon

Because the other one was locked and the new series is airing and maybe we should talk about it?? ;)

Also I just came back from a CharDee MacDennis night at a local bar and it was fucking AWESOME. We played Flipadelphia, performed the Nightman cometh and drank fight milk!!

13 minutes ago, Theda Baratheon said:

Because the other one was locked and the new series is airing and maybe we should talk about it?? ;)

Also I just came back from a CharDee MacDennis night at a local bar and it was fucking AWESOME. We played Flipadelphia, performed the Nightman cometh and drank fight milk!!

I'm so jealous. I don't think there are any bars that cool here. What did the fight milk consist of? Also maybe I'm biased but no rum ham seems like a missed opportunity.

Anyway there is another thread:

I think you'll have to steal her thread title because yours will win the merge because it was first.

I freaking loved this latest episode - "The Gang Hits the Slopes." 

And now a list of things that randomly made me laugh at work today: 

1. Charlie's sex scene
  2. Dennis' insane laugh
  3. The announcer
  4. Dennis breaking his ankles
  5. Oh my that sex scene
  6. Frank's model made out of "candy"
  7. The random ski team showing up
  8. Drisko's extreme perviness
  9. Dee's reaction to Drisko's perviness
  10. Charlie's "I should probably see a doctor then" after finding out Tatiana was a who-or

Great episode, but I also had quite a fondness for those types of movies growing up.

Nice title, Theda.

I thought this last episode was just OK. It's a decent spoof of those 80s ski movies, but it didn't feel very Sunny. In fact South Park did almost the exact same episode a while ago. I did like Dennis' 'you will be clean' speech and Charlie's interactions with the announcer.

56 minutes ago, Kindly Old Man said:

Nice title, Theda.

I thought this last episode was just OK. It's a decent spoof of those 80s ski movies, but it didn't feel very Sunny. In fact South Park did almost the exact same episode a while ago. I did like Dennis' 'you will be clean' speech and Charlie's interactions with the announcer.

South Park also had the "simpsons did it" episode. South Park has been on air long enough for Sunny to say "South park did it"

1 hour ago, red snow said:

South Park also had the "simpsons did it" episode. South Park has been on air long enough for Sunny to say "South park did it"

Yeah, but what I was trying to say is that South Park didn't just do an episode with the same theme to it - ideas are going to get recycled in comedy - but it also had the same feel to it. The Sunny characters here didn't even feel like themselves for a lot of the episode, it felt kind of generic. Charlie having a sex montage is totally out of character. Dee and Mac being sick skiiers also felt kind of off. You could have plugged this same plot into a lot of other comedies and it would have been the same. For comparison, look at their Lethal Weapon spoof; I don't think any other show on TV could have pulled off the blackface gag like they did there.

1 hour ago, Kindly Old Man said:

Yeah, but what I was trying to say is that South Park didn't just do an episode with the same theme to it - ideas are going to get recycled in comedy - but it also had the same feel to it. The Sunny characters here didn't even feel like themselves for a lot of the episode, it felt kind of generic. Charlie having a sex montage is totally out of character. Dee and Mac being sick skiiers also felt kind of off. You could have plugged this same plot into a lot of other comedies and it would have been the same. For comparison, look at their Lethal Weapon spoof; I don't think any other show on TV could have pulled off the blackface gag like they did there.

I think that was sort of the point. They said from the outset that things are different on the mountain. The punchline was that Frank had orchestrated it all. So while it seemed weird that Charlie got laid it was because she was a who-or and because by that point Charlie had accepted the whole "mountain" thing. We've seen that Charlie can be quite effective when confident eg the brain enhancer episode.

The weirdest thing for me was that three of them were actually awesome at skiing.

I think the latest episode was parodying something that went straight over my head - I didn't watch any of the movies that it is referencing. 

I HATED the Charlie sex scenes lol.

But I fucking LOVED Dennis this episode he was brilliant. 

MY ANKLES ARE BROKEN. I HAVE BROKEN MY ANKLES. THEY ARE SURELY BROKEN.

"You will be clean" 

And I loved Dee and Mac pairing up for once. 

Best episode of the three so far. I was getting a bit bored with all the callbacks this season.

I am very much unaware of any movies they might have been parodying. Obviously before my time. That said, this episode was pretty good, and I got some laughs. Mac wore the duster, which is always awesome and totally badass.

One of my favorite things in the show are the last minute reveals that Frank has just screwed a bunch of people over. Him buying the mountain solely to frack it, but staging all those events in the meantime to distract people, hilarious.

Me and the BF just got done watching episode 3. Liked it, 'my ankles are broken' was the highlight though.

red snow, 'Flowers for Charlie' is one of my most favorite episodes of anything EVER. I generally have a problem with going back to a show or even a season of a show just to watch a particular episode (I.E. if I wanna watch the 'Blackwater' episode of GOT, I'm compelled to do a rewatch of the entire series), but 'Flowers for Charlie' is one of the great exceptions that comes to mind.

3 hours ago, Ramsay Blow said:

I've been peer pressured for years to watch this show and I finally gave in. Watched the first season the other day and just started season 2. Good shit so far.

Season 1 is good, but for me the show really hit it's stride when Danny DeVito joined the cast in the second season. Season 4 is still my favorite. 

1 hour ago, Nictarion said:

Season 1 is good, but for me the show really hit it's stride when Danny DeVito joined the cast in the second season. Season 4 is still my favorite. 

Yeah, that's what my buddy was telling me. I liked the first season so I'll definitely keep watching anyways. Mac is my favorite so far.

Archived