It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia II: A starter thread?!? This is a finisher thread!!

Theda Baratheon

On 05/02/2016 at 8:44 PM, Talleyrand said:

I was a bit iffy on the 1st episode and the ski slope one but these last two are classic Always Sunny episodes that I can see myself rewatching a bunch of times when they go up on netflix (which thankfully they seem to go up pretty early after the season ends for the UK)

how soon? i only got into this in december, and have now watched the lot on netflix, really need my fix.  family fight was definitely my favorite episode so far. 

1 hour ago, Rcollins said:

From an unbiased perspective, I definitely think that that whoever wrote both of those is a genius...

Hidden Content

Seriously great stuff. I saw the Dennis Killed Brian LeFevre one on Reddit the other day and you totally convinced me. I'll check out the other one shortly. 

Something different again. It's scary to see how this isprobably how Frank operates all the time. He's somehow winged it into being a millionairre. Although I guess there must be times where he does plan things eg the ski resort.

The show continues to feel fresh after the first 2 episodes which is pretty impressive.

Well didn't he get rich back before season two? (Then at one point he lost it all, got a bailout, and went on to make more money in various episodes like the ski resort one and "Frank's Back in Business.")  But he used to be relatively normal until he joined the gang. 

And yeah his lucidity does seem to vary wildly as the plot requires. I loved him in "The Gang Gives Frank an Intervention" and last night's episode was probably the closest he's gotten to that level since. Sometimes he's the only one who actually understands what's going on and can be an effective manipulator. Other times he's stuck naked in a playground coil. 

On 07/02/2016 at 9:44 AM, BigFatCoward said:

how soon? i only got into this in december, and have now watched the lot on netflix, really need my fix.  family fight was definitely my favorite episode so far. 

A couple of months or so. Season 10 finished in March and was on UK netflix by May.

Being Frank was great, definitely one of those episodes I'll go back and watch a bunch of times

5 hours ago, RumHam said:

Well didn't he get rich back before season two? (Then at one point he lost it all, got a bailout, and went on to make more money in various episodes like the ski resort one and "Frank's Back in Business.")  But he used to be relatively normal until he joined the gang. 

And yeah his lucidity does seem to vary wildly as the plot requires. I loved him in "The Gang Gives Frank an Intervention" and last night's episode was probably the closest he's gotten to that level since. Sometimes he's the only one who actually understands what's going on and can be an effective manipulator. Other times he's stuck naked in a playground coil. 

He's been rich since Dee and Dennis were born, because that was the only reason his wife married him.  It wasn't until after they got divorced and he started hanging out with the gang that his life went totally off the rails.  I assume he was a somewhat normal rich asshole prior to that.

2 hours ago, Rcollins said:

Oh the show really does lend itself to fan speculation. There's a lot more depth to it than people think. It's a shame Sunny gets snubbed at the Emmys year after year.

If it wasn't we wouldn't have The Gang Tries Desperately to Win an Award so I'll count it as a win

Episode was gold, makes me want to rewatch the show and just imagine what's going on in Frank's head the whole time. 

On February 11, 2016 at 5:20 PM, Nictarion said:

"This one's going to sit in front, I hope he doesn't try to touch me" :lol: 

"Don't touch me!" Love how he just falls back on Dee is a bird whenever he's in a tight spot 

I forgot to watch this Wednesday like a donkey brain so I just finished it. Good stuff. I guess the guy who played Liam was busy? House of Cards maybe? Is he still alive on that show? I'm glad Charlie got to put his knowledge of Bird Law to use. 

15 hours ago, RumHam said:

I forgot to watch this Wednesday like a donkey brain so I just finished it. Good stuff. I guess the guy who played Liam was busy? House of Cards maybe? Is he still alive on that show? I'm glad Charlie got to put his knowledge of Bird Law to use. 

I think he turns up in a lot of other shows and there was something I saw him where it was distracting because he was far removed from the mcfeely character.

I love how the whole thing was over $200. Charlie delivering a legitmate final blow was made even better by the fact he thought the bird expert could talk to birds. I'm surprised how this show remains so strong after such a long time. This wasn't a classic but it was still entertaining.

I think the last episode WAS a classic and is DEFINITELY going to be mentioned in a lot of Best Of Eps lists!! 

SOOO MANY HILARIOUS BITS. 

Jack Kelly is SUCH a hilarious character and I'm really glad they focused on his hand thing. "OH MY GOD NOBODY LOOK NOBODY LOOK NOBODY LOOK NOBODY LOOK"

CHICKA DEE DEE DEE LIL BIRDY LET'S DANCE 

Dennis and the lazer 

Maureen Ponderosa transitioning into a cat 

Bill Ponderosa and Frank getting drugs from Pondy's son and doing them when the court went to chaos

Papi mcpoyle is GUILLERMO DEL TORO 

lian mcpoyle 

THE LAWYER

Amazing 

Archived