It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia II: A starter thread?!? This is a finisher thread!!

Theda Baratheon

9 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

That was so amazing.  I'll be shocked if any episode beats that for me the rest of this season, and if one does, then it has been one hell of a season.

It was excellent - all 3 story threads worked well and the slide/AIDs punchline was brilliant. Dennis was great too - like he finally met someone he connected with and was even more proud when she screwed him over.

Only downside was the slight feeling of passive claustrophobia.

EDIT: I've seen the first episode now - it's fun in terms of creativity but not as rock solid as episode 2 which was brimming with jokes. I do agree that the guest appearance was excellent though and I loved how he was willing to take the piss out of himself.

7 hours ago, Nictarion said:

Old Lady House was a bit weak compared to the last couple episodes, but still had some pretty funny moments. Uncle Jack appearances are always good. 

It was fun to see them mocking traditional sitcoms but it felt like that was the only joke going and therefore got a little stretched.

4 hours ago, Nictarion said:

Maybe the weakest episode of Sunny I've ever seen. This season has been really up and down so far.

Yeah, on the whole it wasn't very good.  I thought the teaser was phenomenal, though.  Just a shame the episode itself wasn't great.

Also loved...
"Is this why we had to wait for you to go to Bed, Bath and Beyond?"
"Yes, bitch."

Thought it was maybe just me watching it when tired as I also thought it was fairly weak. Maybe if I knew who the UFC fighters were or had any interest in it it would have added something? It just felt a little lazy is all but there were still some laughs.

I loved the episode. I kept having to check my laughter out of fear I would wake my girl up several times. That's a good one by my count.

I'm an MMA fan and all you need to know is that Donald "Cowboy" Cerrone and Paul "the Irish dragon" (iirc) are both legitimately bad assed motherfuckers. Cerrone is the much more well known of the two. But, even being an MMA fan, I can't say that their presence really added much to me. I'm not particularly interested in cameos, even of people from shit I'm into. 

It does explain all those articles and interviews several months ago with Cowboy and one of the writers from its always sunny hanging out and training together, so that was of minor interest, I suppose.

I just loved the lunacy in the episode. Frank mixing up Boka Ratan (sp? I don't know, I don't care) and Boko Haram (sp? again, I don't know, I don't care). Frank then trying to somewhat whitewash Boko Haram?

The fact Mac thought he could get away with self-proclaiming his product the "Official drink of the UFC"?

Dennis' spokesman abilities paying off early, then Dee opening up her mouth and the downward spiral?

Mac and Charlie's bullshit coming back to the parent company, owned by Frank, and now his problem?

None of this stuff resonated?

The whole "Crow-tein" and its related advertising campaign has always amused me. Again, just the lunacy factor. 

Another episode where I'm sure I'd have enjoyed it even more if I was familiar with the "making a murderer" show. It's always a gamble with specific spoofs but it worked well enough even without the familiarity.

The only disappointment for me was that they didn't delve into any of the other suspicous backgrounds of Denis and the online theory that he may already be a murderer.

I did like how the show made him out to be a murderer at the end just so they could dodge being sued for causing Dee's neck rash.

I think the episode highlighted how Dennis is my favourite character by a wide margin these days. It used to be Charlie but there isn't that much to him.

2 minutes ago, Let's Get Kraken said:

I actually got a whole bunch of new views on that blog post over the past week. Wasn't sure why until I saw last night's episode :lol:

Great to hear it's getting some more love. It'll probably go up even more over the next 24 hours.

Time for an update, surely?

Archived