Is there something that you really don't want to see happen in the series?

Jaime surviving pass the end of the story while Cersei dies, or vice versa. Those assholes came into the world together, they should exit the same way.

I'd also throw my book across the room if Jon is anything but a bastard. Whatever reward Jon gets at the end of the book should be the result of his own hard work, not because he was "meant to be" all along.

And just to piss people off...Jon and Dany not falling in love and making more dragon spawn and ruling Westeros as absolute monarchs.

So, so many things I do not want to see happen, and most of them I think unfortunately will.

1. Anyone else besides Jon being revealed as a secret Targaryen or Targaryen-bastard.  In fact I'd rather if R+L=J was not true and N+W=J but I've accepted it as fact.  A+J=T or even worse A+J=C&J would be awful (though re-reading AGOT with A+J=T in mind I certainly see where it has been set-up as possible).
  2. Childbirth deaths.  I take for granted Danerys will have one, but I'm sort of over it at this point.
  3. Jon hooking up with any of his kin, either Stark or Targaryen (if R+L=J).  Let's just stop with all of the damned incest.
  4. Jaime hooking up with Brienne ever.  Jaime hooking up with anyone else before Cersei dies.
  5. Shireen burning, and Stannis being responsible in any way for allowing it to happen.  I've given up on this theory, but for the longest time I thought Shireen would end the series on the Iron Throne.  I'm quite fond of her.
  6. Stannis losing to the Boltons... if Stannis is to die, let it be at the hands of an Other in battle (which I actually believe is how it would go down).
  7. Ramsay NOT getting what is coming to him.
  8. Arya NOT learning that maybe it's not so good to kill whoever you'd like for whatever selfish reasons you have... I do not like who she is becoming.
  9. Varys or Littlefinger to be revealed as the great masterminds behind absolutely everything... they can be major game players but not super villains who were able to predict successfully exactly how everything would go down.
  10. Danerys not setting sail for Westeros by the end of TWOW.
  11. Arianne/Dorne having no importance outside of the fAegon plot unless fAegon ends up surviving the series in a position of power... if he is just there for yet another war that doesn't involve the Others and doesn't survive it his plot will be an even bigger waste than Quentyn's because of how many damn useless chapters/storylines it served.
  12. Danerys to NOT lose at least 1 dragon to an enemy.  We need a fairer fight when she gets involved.
  13. Danerys to just be portrayed as this brilliant awesome queen of destiny that everyone loves and is grateful for.  She is interesting in the books, but not without controversy.  I don't want her to just be a hero, and think she would have been a fantastic villain until ADWD sort of sealed her fate as a hero (maybe that could change).

Archived