Ramsay in S6

dariopatke

I can't see a Ramsey v Jon showdown being a physical battle, although of course it would happen. But if Ramsey goes down I would like it to be because he created his own disaster, in the same way Stannis did, rather than coming up against a big boss (Jon) and losing a fight. 

Ramseys downfall having more to do with his own issues and weaknesses would be far more satisfying.

7 minutes ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

I can't see a Ramsey v Jon showdown being a physical battle, although of course it would happen. But if Ramsey goes down I would like it to be because he created his own disaster, in the same way Stannis did, rather than coming up against a big boss (Jon) and losing a fight. 

Ramseys downfall having more to do with his own issues and weaknesses would be far more satisfying.

what would you have in Mind ? Sansa? Theon?  Ghost...?

alright, then I guess the writers could expose that in a show-off, Ramsay trying to rattle Jon's Mind, not succeeding, and then Jon doing the same to Ramsay. It just will not get into my head that a villain like that, built up for such a long time, would be killed off like any other man who has found his end in Jon's sword.

Perhaps Ramsay captures Rickon or Sansa and that is the only possible scenario where he can beat him mentaly. And physicaly I really don't see any way when Ramsay can beat him. Season 1 Jon loses in both cathegories, but he has matured and learned so much since then and Ramsay is pretty much the same.

Oh yes, when you mentioned sword I remembered Longclaw, it is also huge advantage on Jons side.

2 hours ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

Personally I'd like him to accidentally fall on his own 'penis trimming shears'.. but I doubt it will happen. 

I see Ramsay overestimating himself maybe, if thats what you mean

Longclaw

or, maybe...Lightbringer by then? Just joking , but we shouldnt count anything out on GOT

I see Ramsay overestimating himself maybe, if thats what you mean

or, maybe...Lightbringer by then? Just joking , but we shouldnt count anything out on GOT

Yes, he would certanly overestimate himself, I could see that happening.

I give a lot chances for Longclaw to become Lightbringer, but I wouldnt like that.

I think people are using the phrase "plot armour" a little too much. It's good writing to keep a character alive if it's good drama and useful to the story. Truth is, we don't have a real villain any more after Tywin died. Cersei's a villain but not one that could put much of a physical challenge to someone like Jon Snow. Ramsay's it. I know some people hate that, but a weak villain is a bad villain, and as the phrase goes, "a hero is only as good as his villain". So I don't think Ramsay will defeat Jon, he's just being set up as the guy Jon defeats for dramatic purposes.

29 minutes ago, jbob said:

I think people are using the phrase "plot armour" a little too much. It's good writing to keep a character alive if it's good drama and useful to the story. Truth is, we don't have a real villain any more after Tywin died. Cersei's a villain but not one that could put much of a physical challenge to someone like Jon Snow. Ramsay's it. I know some people hate that, but a weak villain is a bad villain, and as the phrase goes, "a hero is only as good as his villain". So I don't think Ramsay will defeat Jon, he's just being set up as the guy Jon defeats for dramatic purposes.

The White Walkers are the "villains" that Jon is concerned with now and no keeping Ramsay around especially if he bites it in the Battle of WF in the books is not good writing. It's keeping Ramsay around for a fight with Jon which is one of those hollywood cliche that George hates and made ASOIAF to counter

12 hours ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

Well the big season battle is supposedly called the battle of the bastards so...

2 hours ago, Stannis is the man....nis said:

The White Walkers are the "villains" that Jon is concerned with now and no keeping Ramsay around especially if he bites it in the Battle of WF in the books is not good writing. It's keeping Ramsay around for a fight with Jon which is one of those hollywood cliche that George hates and made ASOIAF to counter

The White Walkers are too abstract right now to be that kind of villain though. They're more of a looming threat. They're more like Sauron or Emperor guy from Star Wars. Ramsay is maybe the Saruman role or Darth Vader type character. Cliche's aren't all bad. But I don't see how that is a bigger cliche than Jon defeating the WW's. Maybe they'll change the way he defeats Ramsay. That's the sort of thing GRRM does, takes something cliche and puts a different spin on it.

3 hours ago, Stannis is the man....nis said:

I doubt Ramsay is going to bite it in the battle of WF with Stannis. I think the show is headed in the same direction as the books and we are going to get a Jon-Ramsay showdown in the books as well. George has been building up to this confrontation throughout ADwD and all that would be pointless if they never meet.

By now she'd be eleven, Jon thought. Still a child. "I have no sister. Only brothers. Only you." Lady Catelyn would have rejoiced to hear those words, he knew. That did not make them easier to say. His fingers closed around the parchment. Would that they could crush Ramsay Bolton's throat as easily.

The roar was all he could have hoped for, the tumult so loud that the two old shields tumbled from the walls. Soren Shieldbreaker was on his feet, the Wanderer as well. Toregg the Tall, Brogg, Harle the Huntsman and Harle the Handsome both, Ygon Oldfather, Blind Doss, even the Great Walrus. I have my swords, thought Jon Snow, and we are coming for you, Bastard.

38 minutes ago, Wilnova said:

I doubt Ramsay is going to bite it in the battle of WF with Stannis. I think the show is headed in the same direction as the books and we are going to get a Jon-Ramsay showdown in the books as well. George has been building up to this confrontation throughout ADwD and all that would be pointless if they never meet.

D&D claimed that this season is for the most part made up. Plus those comments are just as much about building Jon's anger leading to FTW then it is foreshadowing a Ramsay/Jon showdown

After seeing the season six stark trailer, in which they have ramsey saying 'winterfell is mine, come & see." Plus eeverything else.

I belive show Jon will meet Ramsay; said bastard vs. Bastard. It's too epic to set aside. 

Even tho the actual jon snow is dead.

You Have good vs. Evil at its core. 

It's the battle for Winterfell. We all know Winterfell has significance to the story. Too important to let slip to a lunatic.

Jon (the true non bastard) will defeat the real bastard. 

51 minutes ago, Stannis is the man....nis said:

D&D claimed that this season is for the most part made up. Plus those comments are just as much about building Jon's anger leading to FTW then it is foreshadowing a Ramsay/Jon showdown

Where have they claimed this?

Sure, it lead to FTW. But at the same time, GRRM also laid the ground work for a Jon-Ramsay showdown. Ramsay has threatened Jon, not Stannis. Jon was heading for a showdown with Ramsay before he was stabbed. Jon's enmity is specifically with Ramsay, not Roose.

What makes you think Jon will just give up after he is resurrected and go back to being a man of the night's watch? That makes no sense. FTW was a way for Jon to leave the wall legally and unite the North. To do that, he must first defeat the Boltons. I think that's what we will get in TWoW. We saw in ADwD that Stannis was having a hard time getting the North to support him. Jon will succeed where Stannis failed. That is why Stannis is a tragedy. I doubt Stannis is going to survive for long in TWoW. The show just gave him a faster exit, that's all.

The show will more or less give us the North and Jon's TWoW plot. The only difference and made up stuff will be Sansa walking around doing things that I suspect Davos/Jon/Theon/Northern Lords will do in the books. Sansa's story has been made up since last season and I expect to see more of the same. But I think Jon, Dany, Bran, Tyrion and Arya's story will continue to stay close to their book arcs.

4 hours ago, Stannis is the man....nis said:

yeah when did they say this. I can't see how any of that is true, especially as they have moved a lot of content from previous books into this season anyway.  The dialogue might be made up, but the events will probably follow the books in the most part.

6 minutes ago, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

yeah when did they say this. I can't see how any of that is true, especially as they have moved a lot of content from previous books into this season anyway.  The dialogue might be made up, but the events will probably follow the books in the most part.

yeah D&D/RR Martin have stated that some of s6 will match TWoW, but some thing will be completely different. I can see Jon rallying the North to face off against the Boltons in both show/books, but i think how it happens/lead up to it might be slightly different? The show never goes into half as much detail as the books, so I'm assuming the show will be a speeded up version of it.

Side note: I doubt the whole TWoW will be Jon rallying the North. At least the first half will be Jon fully repairing himself from the end of ADWD. IF he comes back, that whole process isn't going to happen overnight or in just 1 POV chapter

7 minutes ago, Seven-Eyed Crow said:

yeah D&D/RR Martin have stated that some of s6 will match TWoW, but some thing will be completely different. I can see Jon rallying the North to face off against the Boltons in both show/books, but i think how it happens/lead up to it might be slightly different? The show never goes into half as much detail as the books, so I'm assuming the show will be a speeded up version of it.

Side note: I doubt the whole TWoW will be Jon rallying the North. At least the first half will be Jon fully repairing himself from the end of ADWD. IF he comes back, that whole process isn't going to happen overnight or in just 1 POV chapter

Yeah agree.

With GRRMs record, TWoW will struggle to have Jon getting past the gates of castle black by the end of the book. 

16 hours ago, dariopatke said:

Yes, he would certanly overestimate himself, I could see that happening.

I give a lot chances for Longclaw to become Lightbringer, but I wouldnt like that.

this.

also, it makes perfect sense to keep him at the wall as long as possible. In general, a lot of the storylines from S5 seem like they might be dragged out at least a little bit.

Archived