Survivor: Kaôh Regōng Trail

Scrambled Aegon

Except they aren't going to turn on Scott as that would be the height of stupidity, he ain't the brightest so you can play him as Nick noted.  He is the one person every single person out there beats in the end.  Jason yes I could see them getting rid of but I'd hazard to say Scott is as safe as safe can be.

I didn't see a problem with Scott's reaction either, she said she was going to do something, did it, but was very squirrelly about it.  I'd get rid of that person next too had they stayed as that tribe.

I'm curious for you two though, if Scott or Jason happen to pull out a miraculous win, will you be bitter, resentful, sore-loser children about it?

On 3/23/2016 at 8:13 PM, Gertrude said:

Aubrey's choice was a tough one and I honestly don't know what I would have done in her shoes. Keeping Peter gives the Brains a 5 v 3 v 3 advantage, but is that an advantage? the obvious thing is for the other two smaller tribes to attack the larger one. This way there are two targets - Brains and Beauty, or maybe they even decide to get rid of Brawn to get rid of threats before cannibalizing their own tribes. More options is you're not an obvious target, I think. And Peter was going to turn, it's just a matter of when. So ultimately I think she did the right thing, but I get her dilemma.

You are giving her way too much credit here. She didn't know that the merge was coming and it is better to take out one certain rival and keep one ally who might in the future turn into a rival then boot that ally and keep an adversary in the game.

36 minutes ago, Slurktan said:

Except they aren't going to turn on Scott as that would be the height of stupidity, he ain't the brightest so you can play him as Nick noted.  He is the one person every single person out there beats in the end.  Jason yes I could see them getting rid of but I'd hazard to say Scott is as safe as safe can be.

I didn't see a problem with Scott's reaction either, she said she was going to do something, did it, but was very squirrelly about it.  I'd get rid of that person next too had they stayed as that tribe.

I'm curious for you two though, if Scott or Jason happen to pull out a miraculous win, will you be bitter, resentful, sore-loser children about it?

I would be extremely disappointed with a Jason win, and slightly so with a Scott win. Neither is going to happen. With two medevacs already, and possibly more on the way, I would bet this will be a final 2, and I just don't see a scenario where both of them is sitting together. I don't even think that they would take each other, and I also think that anyone else sitting next to them would win.

5 hours ago, Howdyphillip said:

I would be extremely disappointed with a Jason win, and slightly so with a Scott win. Neither is going to happen. With two medevacs already, and possibly more on the way, I would bet this will be a final 2, and I just don't see a scenario where both of them is sitting together. I don't even think that they would take each other, and I also think that anyone else sitting next to them would win.

Oh I agree neither of them is going to win and it's likely Jason is going to be taken out prior but I just would be absolutely baffled if Scott gets taken out.  He is more of a guarantee than Philip or Russell Hantz that the other person would win.  They aren't going to give the million to a multimillionaire who is one of the elite few (percentage wise) ever on Planet Earth to play in the NBA for a long career.  I do disagree with you though as I think that Jason would absolutely take Scott for the reason I've already stated.

10 hours ago, Gronzag said:

You are giving her way too much credit here. She didn't know that the merge was coming and it is better to take out one certain rival and keep one ally who might in the future turn into a rival then boot that ally and keep an adversary in the game.

She didn't know, but she had to suspect. If you didn't take that into play, then you don't know the game, and she seems to be familiar with it. Peter was talking about going after Joe and Joe caught him out. How do you trust after that? I do think it was a hard choice and neither is obviously superior to the other.

You guys, Scott and Jason need to go!! Instead, Neal had to leave this week :(:(

Debbie is going to crash and burn one of these days, though I do like seeing her try and pull people into her alliance. 

I don't see why you would get rid of Scot or even Jason. They are both goat material. Jason is too brash for his own good and Scott is a multimillionaire. I can't see Jason doing anything but pissing off more people and I don't see any survivor jury giving a known millionaire even more money while say, Tai or Cydney is there next to Scott.

Debbie is also setting herself up as a goat, she doesn't see it that way though. I have to give her credit for trying, but that's about all the credit she gets because she over does it. She is getting really lean, you can see every muscle on her, no body fat left, may come back to haunt her.

On 31.3.2016 at 11:56 PM, Slurktan said:

Well, I'm certainly not going to be bitter about it, since Jason was my pre-season winner pick. And I don't dislike either of them, my point is, Scot and Jason were portrayed in a very negative way that makes me think they have no chance of getting to the end. Sure, if I was playing, I would want to sit next to them in a final tribal, but it would be really difficult to get there if they want to take you out. I don't think Scot is going to be flexibel enough down the road and everyone will just turn on him. People sometimes don't behave rationally and vote goats out because they just don't like them and/or cannot work with them because the goats want to work with someone else, or maybe there's too many goats for you and you feel like one of them will take your spot (i.e. a Will/Dan/Rodney situation). In Phillipines you had two (maybe even three) players throw away their entire games just so they could see Abi loose.

The problem about Scot's reaction is that he was in their faces about it. The wise move would've been to tell them "It's okay, everything worked out fine" and then tell us in a confessional "I can't trust them. They have to go." Instead he was very angry and stupid about it and told Aubrey and Joe "I'm never going to work with you and can't wait to get you out of here." When Jeremy was voted out on San Juan Del Sur, Natalie didn't blow up on the people that had betrayed her, instead she told herself "Revenge is a dish best served cold" and was able to serve that dish a couple of days later. That's what you should do when people screw you over in this game, not throw a tantrum. That sort of behaviour will get on people's nerves down the line and make them vote Scot out. Or, if Jason is blindsided, I'm pretty sure Scot will be pissed about it and let everyone know, which will alienate them.

Listening to a podcast I heard an observation about Scott that I can get behind. When he thinks he is in power, he gets aggressive and antagonistic. Look at how he played it after the switch. He worked with who he had, made a good bond and was getting along with everyone. Once Peter is gone and he has the numbers, he lets loose on Aubrey and Joe. So while I think he has more game that I would have credited based on the fact that he's a stunt cast, he doesn't have the patience he needs to really do well. He and Jason both seem to have that in common and when they are together they reinforce it in each other.

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 8:58 PM, Gertrude said:

Listening to a podcast I heard an observation about Scott that I can get behind. When he thinks he is in power, he gets aggressive and antagonistic. Look at how he played it after the switch. He worked with who he had, made a good bond and was getting along with everyone. Once Peter is gone and he has the numbers, he lets loose on Aubrey and Joe. So while I think he has more game that I would have credited based on the fact that he's a stunt cast, he doesn't have the patience he needs to really do well. He and Jason both seem to have that in common and when they are together they reinforce it in each other.

14 hours ago, Scrambled Aegon said:

Almost like the opposite of Andrew Savage, who is totally swell as long as you never try to fuck with HIS second chance.

Both good comparisons to how Scott and Jason act. They are true bullies. When they feel they have the upper hand they become aggressive, as soon as they aren't the man, they fall back in the shadows.

I like the Scott we have seen since the split, bonding with Tai, working more with relationships than just yelling and insulting. If he betrays Tai he is dead to me.

And now we see why Nick got such a big edit last time. It was so that this time they could focus on the circumstances rather than the person going home. It was a satisfying boot, but I like that Nick was completely self-aware of how he was coming off. Now, did Cydney do the right thing? I don't know. Did Michelle and Julia do the right thing? I think so, actually. Three brawns who had close ties to Nick that they could see, and close ties to Tai, which Julia saw, and they both learned at tribalt. The girls might not trust their girls' alliance, but honestly, they couldn't trust the other one either.

If they weren't worried about idols, I'd say the women should try and negotiate with Deb/Aubrey to take out Joe as a sacrifice and to create trust. Michelle/Julia sacrificed Nick, and Cyd jeopardized her whole alliance. However, with the paranoia of a super idol out there, I'm betting they split the vote to flush it. Could cause an interesting scenario, because it's 6 (3 & 3) v 3 - lots of room for someone to get sneaky. Looks like the guys are going to get petty about this.

And can I say how much I love Tai? I LOVE HIM! The whole immunity challenge was riveting because I wanted his reed in the wind analogy to be true and not a tease. And that he embraced Cyd afterwards and kissed her was beautiful. I love him! That's why he's never going to get near the end :(

You guys still sold on Michelle? I think Aubrey is looking better and better.

7 minutes ago, Gertrude said:

And now we see why Nick got such a big edit last time. It was so that this time they could focus on the circumstances rather than the person going home. It was a satisfying boot, but I like that Nick was completely self-aware of how he was coming off. Now, did Cydney do the right thing? I don't know. Did Michelle and Julia do the right thing? I think so, actually. Three brawns who had close ties to Nick that they could see, and close ties to Tai, which Julia saw, and they both learned at tribalt. The girls might not trust their girls' alliance, but honestly, they couldn't trust the other one either

You guys still sold on Michelle? I think Aubrey is looking better and better.

I think Cydney has now lost the game unless she is up against Scott and Jason otherwise she has no chance now by losing their votes.  Just mystifying.  I mean she could have at least presented it to Jason/Scott in an effort to try and keep their jury votes but nope. She got cranky out of nowhere and boom lost herself the game.

I also liked that Nick was recognizing how he was being, actually kind of rare when that happens.

EDIT: Also while I liked Tai in the challenge, what in God's green earth was he thinking at tribal?  Why would you ever put it out there that there is a super idol, you just lost the chance to play it out of the blue.  Then he votes Jason I presume because Jason didn't tell everyone about the super idol.  Dumbfounding.

I can't explain Tai's actions without a lot a lot a lot of speculation. Maybe he took Debbie up on her offer of an alliance and never got told the target had switched from Jason to Nick. Also, we haven't been shown that Tai knows Jason has the other idol, right? They identified Neil's and Tai's, but I think Jason and Scott kept quiet about Jason's. Cyd knows though. And there's a reasonably good chance that Nick told Michelle about Tai's because he pretty much just couldn't keep quiet about anything. Or be subtle. So much we don't know.

I saw a theory that Tai spilled the super idol beans on purpose to create cracks. By saying he was told about it maybe he hopes to shift a target from him (challenge winner) to the other guys. Possibly, but I think there's better odds that he is just a chatter-box.

So, this is going to be a fun last couple of episodes, with such a chaotic setup. Julia, Cydney and Michele were doomed unless they flipped this vote because they would be seen as coattail riders and loose to Scot or Jason. Or maybe Nick. So, overall, this was a really good move for them.

1 hour ago, Gertrude said:

If they weren't worried about idols, I'd say the women should try and negotiate with Deb/Aubrey to take out Joe as a sacrifice and to create trust. Michelle/Julia sacrificed Nick, and Cyd jeopardized her whole alliance.

That's probably a bad idea, I could see this completely blowing up in their faces. If I was Aubry and they came to me to try and bully me into getting Joe out, I would just tell the guys and then Cydney, Michele and Julia would be screwed. It's just a pretty arrogant proposition overall, plus why bother with Joe? You can always get him out at final 7 or 6, when you don't need him anymore, instead of potentially ruining your entire game just to make a point. They should get Scot and Jason first, then annihilate the Brains and then take Tai out as well, that way Cydney, Julia and Michele would be in the final 3. And if the Brains try to plot against them, they could always counter that and take them out.

Really good episode that left me with some questions.

Did Tai flip and we just haven't been shown it yet? He talks about the super idol in front of everyone at tribal and then acts like someone else told him about it to hurt him. At first I was like NOOOO. But when the votes were shown I wondered who threw their vote away by writing down Jason. Then it was shown to be Tai. So, has he worked out a deal that we haven't seen on screen yet? By throwing his vote he made sure that Nick went home without actually voting for him. By talking about the super idol in an almost naïve way he created some waves that may have swayed Julia and Michelle to decide to vote out Nick, since that is when the whole, someone is on bottom since they don't even know about the super idol.

I love Tai and would be happy as hell if he wins but just can't see him making it.

Funny how Jason and Scot both were shown this episode talking about their home life and hardships.

Cidney, what were you thinking? I truly believe that she could have gotten to the final three with Jason and Scot and she was the winner in that scenario. Now she has left it open for Aubrey, the likely winner.

1 hour ago, dbunting said:

Cidney, what were you thinking? I truly believe that she could have gotten to the final three with Jason and Scot and she was the winner in that scenario. Now she has left it open for Aubrey, the likely winner.

Not after Jason told a story about his autistic daughter. She immediately knew that if two of them were in the final 3, she wouldn't be going against him but against his poor baby daughter. And Jason shot himself in the foot by bringing it up so early, now he painted a huge bulls-eye on his back. He should have just mentioned that he has two daughters and saved everything else for the final tribal.

1 hour ago, Gronzag said:

Not after Jason told a story about his autistic daughter. She immediately knew that if two of them were in the final 3, she wouldn't be going against him but against his poor baby daughter. And Jason shot himself in the foot by bringing it up so early, now he painted a huge bulls-eye on his back. He should have just mentioned that he has two daughters and saved everything else for the final tribal.

Yeah, he would get some sympathy now. But, he is an ass and can't help but treat people poorly as soon as they aren't doing what he wants. That is what would have stuck with people, not the story he told 12 days earlier.

10 hours ago, Criston of House Shapper said:

If I was Aubry and they came to me to try and bully me into getting Joe out, I would just tell the guys and then Cydney, Michele and Julia would be screwed. It's just a pretty arrogant proposition overall, plus why bother with Joe? You can always get him out at final 7 or 6, when you don't need him anymore, instead of potentially ruining your entire game just to make a point. They should get Scot and Jason first, then annihilate the Brains and then take Tai out as well, that way Cydney, Julia and Michele would be in the final 3. And if the Brains try to plot against them, they could always counter that and take them out.

Well, as it stands now, it's Julia/Michelle + Cydney + Aubry/Debbie/Joe. Agreed, that Joe is not a threat and he is working with them, but he is also a number for brains. If I were J, M or C in this alliance, I would be very worried about it. I wouldn't bully them to get my way, but that's the way I would approach it, can't speak for those women. It would definitely be a point of discussion. But yeah, it's probably smarter to go for one of the other men, then Joe, just because of the possible challenge threats. (not to mention idols) There are nine left, so I'd say he could last one more time, but no more than that from the perspective of those 3 women.

And I might as well talk about the "women's alliance". Survivor loves to talk about the possibility and it almost never works out. And honestly, I kind of hate how it's usually framed. Most of the time it's a woman's alliance out of necessity and opportunity rather than solidarity yay girl power. Even Debbie telling various people she'd love to see a woman win I see more of as relationship building to get herself ahead rather than grrrrl power.

There have been men's alliances too. You see this especially in the early game when the men talk about strength. They may include a strong woman, but it's understood that she's just the last woman standing from their point of view. Women's alliances tend to happen in the late game because they are often overlooked and have less of a target on them. In both cases, it's mainly like-minded people coming together that happen to be of the same gender, and rarely is it even pure men or women. Gender can be a factor in people thinking similarly, but it's not the only thing. So I really kinda hate it when they talk about it. I especially hate it when they frame it as 'will a women's alliance finally work?' They never talk that way about a men's alliance, and also - Parvati won with the help of the Black Widow Brigade, no?

Yurrs! Would have liked to see Scott/ Jason go home, as I think they're both nauseating, but I suppose Nick's out by association. I feel like I'm finally getting more from Michelle and Julia, though I think the former is completely devoid of any sort of personality. I was a bit disappointed with the challenge though, I feel like I've seen that one/ or a variation of it one too many times. Sigh - I feel like Scott and Jason are going to stick around till the end. 

Archived