Survivor: Kaôh Regōng Trail

Scrambled Aegon

^^this is also the closest I've come to bitching about a bitter jury. You can just see them deluding themselves in those videos and poisoning Aubry's game.

The editors could explain Russell's losses, even Stephenie's in Guatemala...They couldn't explain Aubry's because it came down to bitterness.

Having seen some of the post-game interviews I am kind of mad at the producers. It seems like Michele's personality was kind of white-washed, just like Jeremy's last season. It didn't bother me as much back then, since I knew him already, but it kind of looks like for the last two seasons the producers made sure that the winner would be as boring, inoffensive and one-dimensional as possible.

Nick actually voted for Aubry, Debbie voted for Michele.

I'm okay with Michele winning on a game level. If 3 (or potentially 5) jurors have the emotional maturity of a twelve-year-old, that's just an obstacle that a player has to get around, and it means that if you're at the end with someone that didn't piss anyone off, that person will beat you and you should've taken them out. Of course Aubry wanted to take Michele out, but she won immunity, which is part of the game, so Michele deserves it.

But I would've liked to see a more compelling story of why Michele won instead of a story of ... wth was the story this season?

2 hours ago, Gertrude said:

you can see how immature Jason and Scot were being, so it's not surprising.

Yeap - nothing surprising here. People can go on and on about how an edit makes a person look - but those two are MAN-BROS who are immature and nothing else. I can't even get behind the 'okay on his own' bit anymore - these people are 30 something year old men, the way they behaved during the game is disgraceful. What are these people, 12? 

Agreed with almost everyone here, Michele, imo was *nothing* compared to Aubrey and Tai. 

On 5/19/2016 at 9:51 PM, Scrambled Aegon said:

I am surprised to see Aubry losing at FTC, though, because I also don't think they really built her up to lose a jury vote. I definitely think the Michele win was forecasted in that she was my #1 contender to win every week as I've said a bunch of times, but I don't know how much it was really explained. I wonder what post-show interviews will be able to illuminate.

I keep coming back to this because I think this explains so well the problem I have with this season. Even Aegon - someone rooting for Michele and convinced that she was the winner, was thrown by Aubrey losing at final tribal. If Aubrey had gone out where Cyd did - I absolutely see how Michele wins that final. I'm kind of back to being mad at the editors, kinda, maybe. The ultimate story just wasn't that good and it sucks because this season had so much good, but the end deflated me like a balloon. Poor Michele. It's absolutely not her fault. She did what she needed to do, but even so, she's never going to get the respect that she deserves for making it. Oh well - she's got the mil, right?

• 2 weeks later...

So, update. We now have a final announced cast for Survivor 34 (MvGX being season 33.) The cast is as follows:

Andrea Boehlke, Ciera Eastin, Cirie Fields, Sandra Diaz-Twine, Hali Ford, Aubry Bracco, Debbie Wanner, Sarah Lacina, Sierra Dawn Thomas, James "J.T." Thomas, Tony Vlachos, Brad Culpepper, Oscar "Ozzy" Lusth, Malcolm Freberg, Tai Trang, Caleb Reynolds, Jeff Varner, Troy "Troyzan" Robertson, and one man + one woman from Millennials vs. Gen X (who have been revealed, but I will include them in a second spoiler tag in case people see it as an MvGX spoiler; personally I don't really get into the "pre-pre-show" thing for new casts, so I don't really care about the MvGX cast right now, but I did stumble upon these two names.)

Additional spoiler tag:

The MvGX man is someone named Zeke and the woman is someone named Michaela.

Any thoughts on this cast?

12 hours ago, Scrambled Aegon said:

So, update. We now have a final announced cast for Survivor 34 (MvGX being season 33.) The cast is as follows:

Hide contents

Andrea Boehlke, Ciera Eastin, Cirie Fields, Sandra Diaz-Twine, Hali Ford, Aubry Bracco, Debbie Wanner, Sarah Lacina, Sierra Dawn Thomas, James "J.T." Thomas, Tony Vlachos, Brad Culpepper, Oscar "Ozzy" Lusth, Malcolm Freberg, Tai Trang, Caleb Reynolds, Jeff Varner, Troy "Troyzan" Robertson, and one man + one woman from Millennials vs. Gen X (who have been revealed, but I will include them in a second spoiler tag in case people see it as an MvGX spoiler; personally I don't really get into the "pre-pre-show" thing for new casts, so I don't really care about the MvGX cast right now, but I did stumble upon these two names.)

Additional spoiler tag:

Hide contents

The MvGX man is someone named Zeke and the woman is someone named Michaela.

Any thoughts on this cast?

I am confused, I thought next season Millennial's vs Gen x was all new people? I guess I shouldn't have fast forwarded through it!

1 hour ago, dbunting said:

I am confused, I thought next season Millennial's vs Gen x was all new people? I guess I shouldn't have fast forwarded through it!

Next season, which starts in the fall, is Millennials vs Gen X. The season after that, which starts in the spring, will be All-Stars.

38 minutes ago, MisterOJ said:

Next season, which starts in the fall, is Millennials vs Gen X. The season after that, which starts in the spring, will be All-Stars.

Whew! I feel better. Thanks

My initial thoughts on the All Star cast

The All Star cast isn't one that I would pick in a million years and call them All Stars. With a couple of exceptions, it appears that 2nd chances had much better players. Out of the women, only Cirie and Sandra are truly elite, and among the men, there are only second tier players. (Malcom is probably the best pure strategist. Tony got lucky with the Tyler Perry idol and JT had one great season and one flop. 

There does appear to be a lot of good characters though, so it might be an interesting watch. Also, if Sandra isn't the first boot, she will deserve the win.

On 6/2/2016 at 7:48 AM, Criston of House Shapper said:

Thoughts on the cast without the two millenials/genx:

Hide contents

Take away Hali, Sarah, Sierra and Culpepper and I'm happy. Seriously, wtf is Culpepper doing on this list?

Spoiler answer

He's an always available contestant who is in good shape, and has a personality (even if like me you think he's a jackass he's still got one).  I don't like him but he's a fairly easy choice.  I'm surprised they don't go after even more retired pro athletes.

16 hours ago, Slurktan said:

Spoiler answer

Reveal hidden contents

He's an always available contestant who is in good shape, and has a personality (even if like me you think he's a jackass he's still got one).  I don't like him but he's a fairly easy choice.  I'm surprised they don't go after even more retired pro athletes.

Spoiler

I'd rather have Jeff Kent or Scot Pollard than this tool. Or at least someone who isn't unbearable to watch. Furthermore, I'm mostly against bringing back pre-mergers, especially if they're horrible players.

• 2 weeks later...

This season has kind of ruined the Survivor experience for me if I'm being honest. All the edit talk took out the fun, and when the edit was eventually bent to all the predictions, it kind of soured it for me. Thinking I'll take a break next season. From the S34 list,

I'm only really excited about Sandra and Cirie. I agree if they don't vote Sandra out first then she deserves another million. I'm kind of not looking forward to a few people, like Ciera. Was hoping for either Chelsea or Sabrina, or Lydia from all the way in Guatemala. Earl Cole would have been nice too, but overall, I think this is bound to be a good one.

EDIT: Ozzy has been far too exposed and I doubt he has any chance of winning. Seems like a wasted spot. 

Debbie isn't someone I'm interested in watching again. I don't think I'm a fan of players who flat out refuse to give a winning vote to someone who voted them out.

Sierra bored me to tears the last time she played. It will be interesting to see her play again. 

Archived