Survivor: Kaôh Regōng Trail

Scrambled Aegon

17 minutes ago, Raja said:

Edit: As soon as Peter said 'voting units', I expected Probst to go "LOOK AT SEASON 31 - IT'S EVOLVING - NOW WE HAVE VOTING UNITS AS OPPSED TO VOTING BLOCKS"

I was rolling my eyes as soon as that happened. Don't start that crap again! And Peter seems like low hanging fruit if they lose another challenge.

Edit: As soon as Peter said 'voting units', I expected Probst to go "LOOK AT SEASON 31 - IT'S EVOLVING - NOW WE HAVE VOTING UNITS AS OPPSED TO VOTING BLOCKS"

Yeah the same I was waiting for it. I suppose there is always the chance that next episode he'l start nattering on about these new voting units or Peter could bring them up again...

I see why the tribe kept  Peter but I was hoping it would be him and not Liz, I liked her, and it would have been more fun to see him go from smugly assured to voted off. 

About the idol grab - I kinda view it as all fair. Alecia made the mistake of trusting the wrong person. Once Jason (and Scott) heard that she had the clue, they were scrambling for survival. If Alecia found it, then next time they went to tribal as that same group, their 3-person alliance was doomed, and Jason in particular had reason to fear he was in danger. Sure, there's probably a switch coming up, but you can't bank on that and as things stood right then, Jason would have been on the block. So yeah, the optics are that he's a bully, but really he just made better alliances and scrambled better than Alecia - the other person on the block.

And make no mistake, they've been showing Jason in a particularly unflattering light. Alecia is being shown as clueless, but Jason is the bully who is bad-mouthing her behind her back. Scott and Sydney may be too for all we know, but only Jason is being shown that way. I kinda think it bodes ill for him in the long run. He may go deep in the game, but right now I can't see him being a winner to root for.

I think I heard someone else say it, but Alecia reminds me of Kat from One World. Goofy and likeable, but not quite with it. They've shown several instances of her being space-cadet, and she was utterly gleeful when Jenny was voted out instead of her, not maliciously or gloaty, just openly happy. I think it's a pretty good comparison.

Well that was not fun to watch. I hope, I HOPE, they adjust a bit going forward. I know you can't take precautions for all situations, but when there is this extreme environment, I want them to take care of their players. If it's hotter than the average, give them a water ration, give them a shelter to wait in before the challenge - something. There was a season - Fan/Faves - that had a pretty brutal obstacle course and Penner ended up being evaced out because of puncture wound that got infected. He wasn't the only one with physical injuries, and it seemed they toned down the challenges after that. They still had rough physical ones, but more player v player physical rather than player v obstacle. Now if they would only get rid of the ridiculously danger strewn blind-folded ones, I'd be happier, but then they don't get their crotch shots. And crotch-shots and bleeding players are good tv, right?

And I feel a little dirty right now that I keep watching.

The medical emergencies and how mean they were being to Alecia just made this a really unfun episode for me. Sure, Alecia would have probably got on my nerves too, but Ale see ya was completely uneccessary.

And holy cow, sometimes I forget how big Scott is until he is framed against someone else. When he and Jason were running down the beach in the challenge, for a second I was wondering who the skinny little guy with all the tattoos was.

3 hours ago, Gertrude said:

Well that was not fun to watch.

2 hours ago, Scrambled Aegon said:

God damn that was some great stuff. Wow.

Honestly curious, what did you like about this episode? There were small snippets - I noticed Deb making nice with Peter, Deb leaning on Aubrey(?) during the evac and Jason and Cyd got an extra shot there too, but other than that, what new did we learn about these characters this week?

5 hours ago, Gertrude said:

Honestly curious, what did you like about this episode? There were small snippets - I noticed Deb making nice with Peter, Deb leaning on Aubrey(?) during the evac and Jason and Cyd got an extra shot there too, but other than that, what new did we learn about these characters this week?

I thought that it was interesting how obviously concerned Jason was when Cydney was in a bad way. I thought it really showed how tight those three are. I mean, it's obviously partly natural human concern when someone is sick, but that really stood out to me. I'd be curious to see what we didn't see with the interaction between Alecia and the rest of her tribe, maybe she was super annoying, more so than what we saw (not that that would excuse how dickish they were, but it would make it a little more understandable), maybe Scott and Jason were just being assholes.

Glad Cydney didn't get evaced, she doesn't get a ton of time, so she's almost certainly not winning, but I still kind of like her. Maybe it's just the muscles.

Also, Tai crying :(

Eventful episode. Wasn't fun at all for me. Started with the reward challenge then went straight to Alecia being bullied.

Is it just me or does Debbie's occupation keep changing. It went from WAITRESS to AIR FORCE PILOT to CHEMIST...and I'm sure there's something else I'm forgetting. Also, I'm putting her down as the winner.

I thought last night was pretty entertaining. I knew that all the contestants would be okay physically (since it was recorded months ago and word would have gotten out if a Survivor contestant died or was seriously injured during the game) and their problems with the heat made for great television.

I didn't feel like Alecia was being bullied at all. She had always seemed entitled and self-centered to me, so when they called her out on that last night, I didn't have a whole lot of sympathy for her.

Opinions/views on Alecia go from A to Z. I viewed it as them prejudging her based on her not being a typical brawn type. I mean one of the first things said about her in episode 1 is, paraphrasing "shes a realtor what can she do". Then, when all the burly people gave up on making fire she stayed at it for hours and got it going by herself. Another challenge she clearly said before it started that she isn't good with puzzles, and the reply was shut up and do it. Then during the last reward challenge, she is clearly still looking for the bag using her feet to move the sand, while Scott is shown sitting there not working, she tries to motivate and he barks at her as if she isn't working. Then again, she and Cydney are working on the snake puzzle and she asks the guys to come in and help and they refuse. I mean, when you are trying to complete a challenge how do you not help, and then blame her?

I personally hope everyone on that tribe suffers a humiliating vote off. Cydney a little less, but not much.

I have no problem with people ganging up or making alliances, but there is no cause to treat people that poorly, and then blame her for it.

Ok, yeah, I can't understand how they don't have water set up for them, knowing the conditions. I mean how many times each year do we hear about athletes and heat exhaustion and the need to stay hydrated? I understand not coddling them, but water and shade after an hour of that isn't coddling.

6 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Opinions/views on Alecia go from A to Z. I viewed it as them prejudging her based on her not being a typical brawn type. I mean one of the first things said about her in episode 1 is, paraphrasing "shes a realtor what can she do". Then, when all the burly people gave up on making fire she stayed at it for hours and got it going by herself. Another challenge she clearly said before it started that she isn't good with puzzles, and the reply was shut up and do it. Then during the last reward challenge, she is clearly still looking for the bag using her feet to move the sand, while Scott is shown sitting there not working, she tries to motivate and he barks at her as if she isn't working. Then again, she and Cydney are working on the snake puzzle and she asks the guys to come in and help and they refuse. I mean, when you are trying to complete a challenge how do you not help, and then blame her?

I personally hope everyone on that tribe suffers a humiliating vote off. Cydney a little less, but not much.

I have no problem with people ganging up or making alliances, but there is no cause to treat people that poorly, and then blame her for it.

Scott should have probably just left the shelter like Jason did after she continued to argue and argue and argue but he didn't so that's bad on him.  However in a similar situation I probably wouldn't have been happy with her either.  She made them waste time and walk all the way to tribal and back after two grueling challenges for what?  She knew she was gone.  They knew she was gone.  There was no saving her, there was no idol play, she was done.  And then as per Cydney, upon returning she immediately starts arguing when the others are just trying to rest.

They treated her poorly absolutely, but when being physically and emotionally drained do you act like an angel to people who annoy you? 

1 hour ago, Slurktan said:

Scott should have probably just left the shelter like Jason did after she continued to argue and argue and argue but he didn't so that's bad on him.  However in a similar situation I probably wouldn't have been happy with her either.  She made them waste time and walk all the way to tribal and back after two grueling challenges for what?  She knew she was gone.  They knew she was gone.  There was no saving her, there was no idol play, she was done.  And then as per Cydney, upon returning she immediately starts arguing when the others are just trying to rest.

They treated her poorly absolutely, but when being physically and emotionally drained do you act like an angel to people who annoy you? 

So she should quit? And it takes two to argue, not one. That would be nagging!

19 hours ago, MisterOJ said:

I didn't feel like Alecia was being bullied at all. 

Yikes. Really? 

Gertrude, I agree with your earlier comment that the idol grab was 'fair' - I think Alecia was naive in saying anything at all to Sydney but once she does that it's pretty obvious how it's all going to play out. I felt bad for Alecia because she clearly needed the idol and trusting sydney ended up being the wrong decision, plus, it's kind of hard not to root for her when you have Jason and Scott on the other side. So whilst it probably was 'fair', for me, I think they pretty much snatched it from her because she couldn't compete physically with them. 

Sure, it's the edit that's making them look a certain way but the sort of stuff that they're saying is pretty harsh. I feel like if you know she's going, you would be at least *slightly* nicer to her. 

On 4.3.2016 at 8:27 PM, Criston of House Shapper said:

The edit doesn't support that at all, Caleb's in it for a long time.

Wow, I'm now a better oracle than James from Palau.:D

How do you guys think they'll do the uneven swap? When they still had Exile Island they used to just put one person on there and swap them in for whoever got voted out first, but we haven't had an uneven number since then. It would be kind of unfair to make it 7 vs 6, so will they just do Exile Island for one day? Or will they divide it 6 vs 6 and then do a reward challange, with the reward being the 7th person?

The least interesting episode so far, but that's almost inevitable with a swap, since there's always going to be tons of "We should vote out X because they were on Tribe Y" stuff that can't really be omitted. It was an uninteresting episode, but I did appreciate the balanced level of focus, and I think they did the best they could with what they had. Also Scot/Tai was fun.

Happy to see Anna go. And surprised - I never thought she'd win, but I thought she'd lose closer to the end, probably at FTC. But I don't think she was too interesting and this episode she got on my nerves slightly in ways I can't really define. So definitely no loss.

Michele goes back to looking like the strongest winner contender, though Cydney's chances have skyrocketed as well. I would be surprised to see anyone else win, with Tai less weak a contender than the others.

I don't know what you are seeing in Michelle, but I highly doubt a winner is coming from the beauty tribe. So far to me, the ones looking best right now are Deb and Jason. I can't rule out Cydney or Scott, possibly Tai. Before tonight, the women from beauty for me were just the blonde, the leader (Anna) and the other one (Michelle).

I did like this episode for a few reasons. I liked contrasting Deb and Nick working on the brawn team. I looved the Scott/Tai pairing. I really liked seeing how no one likes Peter (I was a little worried he'd worm his way in somewhere). I also liked seeing how the super idol is affecting the game without it even being played. I do like the super idol this year because while it has a huge upside, it also has a very big downside and the risk/reward is fair, I think. Even if one person had found two idols, I think I would be ok with it because they could only use the super power once rather than keep two as back-up.

I was half-afraid that Julia was going to have to have medical check her out while in exile. I do think it was a pretty decent way to deal with the unexpected odd number at swap. The only other thing would have been to have a buff left-over and just ride the uneven numbers, but this was ok.

I think it was a smart move by Tai to hold off from using the idol this week.  Too risky to have those two ladies swing over to the other side to get rid of Scott or him. He can now do the idol play next tribal if he wants to, or hopefully delay it again to keep it.

I also like the new super idol Gertrude.  You've pointed out its merits and there's really no flaw.  Yes one person could have a super idol but that means they would lose an idol at the same time. 

Archived