HBo teases houses stark targaryen and lannister

Drogonthedread

2 hours ago, Drogonthedread said:

I wanted to address this in my last post I forget ...

No actually what we are going to see is what's jon Arc going to be in winds of winter ...

The blue eyed king is stannis and young griff is clothed dragon and stoned beast ?? All claim something dany is ..the slayer if lie is metaphorical slaying than literal...the dance that George mentioned can happen many ways ...the dying of stannis just proves this ..how it will only be metaphorical lie that dany will succeed while the fake versions failed ..

Its kind of funny how you sometimes accuse me of i wnating to give everything to dany ..but look at what you are saying she is going to fight stannis YG and stoned beast .,euron and have a relationship with jon and fight WW and end up on the throne finally .

First things first. Emilia talked about season 6 not the whole series, then mentioned Jon in another interview and something big or amazing is going to happen with him. Talking about specific person and his arc. Obviously interviews should be taken lightly in general, but I don't see any reason not to trust Liam on this. Not a kind of person to imagine things.

Of course when Dany returns, Tyrion will be her advisor. But until then which is likely going to be almost whole season...he'll have his own important arc on how to rule a city. Foreshadowing for things in the future? Maybe or maybe not. Doubt he'll do much better job than Dany given circumstances of this place. Since Sansa is one of ther main characters, she should and probably will have her own arc....rather than running around Jon. Of course at some point protagonists arcs will meet at some point...Battle of Six Armies.

I was just teasing you. If you would have wanted everything for her...you would go much further than that.

16 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

First things first. Emilia talked about season 6 not the whole series, then mentioned Jon in another interview and something big or amazing is going to happen with him. Talking about specific person and his arc. Obviously interviews should be taken lightly in general, but I don't see any reason not to trust Liam on this. Not a kind of person to imagine things.

Of course when Dany returns, Tyrion will be her advisor. But until then which is likely going to be almost whole season...he'll have his own important arc on how to rule a city. Foreshadowing for things in the future? Maybe or maybe not. Doubt he'll do much better job than Dany given circumstances of this place. Since Sansa is one of ther main characters, she should and probably will have her own arc....rather than running around Jon. Of course at some point protagonists arcs will meet at some point...Battle of Six Armies.

I was just teasing you. If you would have wanted everything for her...you would go much further than waht ypou already said, like some people who truly believes and wants Jon riding Drogon, kill mad queen, rule, defeat the evil by himself, secret heir and so on.

Oh yeah I was speaking about coming season as well when saying series...so far only actor who I have seen that does not keep up with this bullshit of jon is dead and deader like that is Emilia.. Maybe some others said and I missed it ...I remember Emilia saying he looks dead enough but Mel is there so anything may happen like that ...its frustrating to see even now kit is maintaining this ..   I 

I know you were teasing I just pointed out that you unknowingly makes the same mistake of giving everything to dany...

So do we agree that stannis is a lie slayed metaphorically and jon will be having his own arc from winds and not stannis .

To be fair I think Kit is likely under strict orders to continue this, if you see his interview on BBC here in the UK where he is asked (while talking about his new stage play) "Does Jon's spirit live on" he smiles and responds "we shall have to see in Season 6".  

As for Dany

we know she returns to Mereen towards the end of the season and meets Tyrion, I am assuming she then leaves for Westeros and that story line is Season 7

14 hours ago, Drogonthedread said:

Oh yeah I was speaking about coming season as well when saying series...so far only actor who I have seen that does not keep up with this bullshit of jon is dead and deader like that is Emilia.. Maybe some others said and I missed it ...I remember Emilia saying he looks dead enough but Mel is there so anything may happen like that ...its frustrating to see even now kit is maintaining this ..   I 

I know you were teasing I just pointed out that you unknowingly makes the same mistake of giving everything to dany...

So do we agree that stannis is a lie slayed metaphorically and jon will be having his own arc from winds and not stannis .

IAm leaning more towards literal so far, but maybe i'll change my mind.

It was in a fun way and not literal. They just stated true, but yeah Emilia was more of a hopeful than anything. Kit is handling it all right so far. What else to say?

Another fact is that millions of people don't go to internet...to see photo of him on the set,spoilers. They believe that Jon is gone. We have a poll in my family and almost everyone believes Jon is dead given that Game of Thrones has a habit of killing even such popular characters. Ned, Robb, Cat, Drogo, Oberyn. Just a small minority of us search for clues, read the books and know what is going on. Vast majority of fans just doesn't have a clue and this is all aimed at them.  In the end i tend to believe Liam...as one of the few people and you tend not to. We'll see if his opinion will come true.

5 hours ago, Lord Friendzone said:

If Stannis is" the king that casts no shadows" and he should be...then he will live until Dany arrives so she can slay one of the lies from house of the undying. Show and books are different in some aspects and will be even more so. George said some of the character who died last season are still alive in the books, and might even make it to the end. Not saying that Stannis will till the end, unlikely...but he'll live long enough to meet Dany.

Yes, I think they gave him a good part of his arc. Not that it's a horrible thing to do, because I always thought Starks should be fighting for Winterfell. Not Southerner who wants to use for his purpose and that is IT. Emotional weight behind this fight is greater for Starks than Stannis. Given the fact show just doesn't have a luxury timewise with only 3 seasons remaining and tons of story to tell, they needed to speed up things...Stannis will most likely die at some point, they just speed up his demise and focused on more important character for the endgame. Gave him part of his arc and something to do. Can you imagine if Jon would stay in Ghost for a large period of time. Just like Aegon is irrelevant most likely for the endgame, but that doesn't mean he's totally irrelevant in the story. He and Dany will have their dance most likely. They just cut him off to speed up things in the process, Daeny will invade Westeros with Jon Con or should I say Jorah. Dany's betrayls don't even make it to the show. Both Stannis and Aegon are part of it.

But here is the problem with that^. That's the point George is making having Jon or Sansa lead the reclaim of WF is one of those "hollywood cliches" he hates. By having Stannis do it it fits in the tone George is making with how bad the North is after the RW that they need Stannis to help set things right. Plus, "Given the fact show just doesn't have a luxury timewise with only 3 seasons remaining and tons of story to tell, they needed to speed up things" so why bother wasting this season retelling a story they should of done last year

17 hours ago, Ruhail said:

It wouldn't surprise me if they gave away the rest of Stannis' story to Jon

That's a very strange and ilogical argument, why would they do that? Most people seemed to think Stannis would die in Winds, they have confirmed his death a little earlier but I doubt his remaining arc is going to be too big if they killed him now. Take for example Barristan, killed earlier, do you really think he survives past the early part of Winds?

1 hour ago, JonSnowed said:

That's a very strange and ilogical argument, why would they do that? Most people seemed to think Stannis would die in Winds, they have confirmed his death a little earlier but I doubt his remaining arc is going to be too big if they killed him now. Take for example Barristan, killed earlier, do you really think he survives past the early part of Winds?

Agree, I think whatever people seem to think of the show, they aren't likely to make changes if they have enormous ripple effects elsewhere in the story. Killing Stannis on the show if it never happens in the books would create so many problems for them down the line that its highly unlikely they would make those choices. The most probable reason that Stannis dies early on the show is that hes going to die in the book too, or at the very least not affect the story greatly past Winterfell. 

Its the same with Sansa. What is a big change is only worth making if it doesn't create those ripples elsewhere. In which case I think in reality her book storyline will follow a similar pattern to the show and she'll end up at Winterfell at some point.

IMO, the Targaryen teaser, with the fire and smoke, is a confirmation of a "Fire and Blood" path for Daenerys, her House words. I believe there was already (show) rumors, of Daenerys coming to Westeros to bring more war and chaos. And the books, with a fake Aegon contender, are likely to make Daenerys pretense unwelcome to.

And the Dothrakis words are reminding me of her father Aerys. Who had been a prisoner at Duskendale. The captivity sent him into madness. And now I begin to wonder if the speculations of her madness are not going to be true. Anyway, after that, I expect she will be of a significantly darker shade.

10 hours ago, BalerionTheCat said:

And the Dothrakis words are reminding me of her father Aerys. Who had been a prisoner at Duskendale. The captivity sent him into madness. And now I begin to wonder if the speculations of her madness are not going to be true. Anyway, after that, I expect she will be of a significantly darker shade.

Hopefully. I don't think I can take another season of Dany saving oppressed brown people from vicious brown savages. I hope she goes "fuck it" and massacres the khals without us getting a couple of scenes of slaves being brutalized to remind us that Dany's morally justified to do whatever she does. We already know the Dothraki culture is messed up, but that Dany still respects aspects of that culture. So, yes, a darker Dany, without her turning mad.

Hmm I really don't put too much effort on the interviews. .. Remember last season sansa or sand snakes

I can see north lords unite under sansa as a stark symbol... Similar to how they do with rickon in the books...but I don't see her leading and uniting and fighting ..yes we know she will be present in the battle and meeting ..she has her own agenda but we have to wait and see what she actually does... In a way we can say she was there for battle of winterfell with stannis as well ..she could very well play the role of cat at whispering woods ..she still has long way to become like cat or dany I believe .. But she is on the way. ..I just don't expect it to be next season.  

We shall see 

And there is nothing wrong in playing secondary to the leading characters... Even tyrion took back seat when he joined dany remember .

Liam is one of the persons we can trust, but it's his opinion. Emilia said this season is go-go-go and full of great twists.

I can see North being united behind Stark Sansa or Rickon as their secret weapon. Not behind Jon and especially with wildlings behind him, with Stannis' envoy as Mel and Davos. Being a deserter and bastard. Bastard are not trustworthy. You know how how much they are hated in the North. But of course they can twist so we have another mirror situation like with Daeny, but I hope not. I think Jon will prove himself in the battle, just like he did at Hardhome. Don't like it if they're going to try to bend another thing in favour of certain character. It looks like he's getting Stannis's part from the books, all the fight scenes, last season Hardhome. This about retaking Winterfell back for Stark family. If they are going to name him Lord of Winterfell....well I wouldn't put it past them.

Sansa can't lead an army, but she could still give Elizabeth I speech before the battle and my word that would be badass. Yes, she is growing into Cat or Dany. From what we learned casting news, sighting and other stuff Sansa will have her own agenda.  In fact for once Sansa taking fate into her hands, trying to restore her family back to Winterfell, doing politics, convincing northern lords to cooporate. After all she just learned about their brothers. Jon vs Ramsay feud is another thing. Tyrion is now in charge of Meereen, so he took step back for a few moments.

Bastard's are not really that hated in the North. When it comes to bastards a lot depends on how much a bastard was recognised by his parents. And Jon was raised with his trueborn siblings, and given a similar education. That is about as much recognition a bastard can get if they are not legitimized.

Bastards are generally treated better in the North then in the South, it is really mostly through Catelyn that we see the Southern attitude towards bastards (except for royal bastards and Dorne).

The reason why bastards are treated better in the North is simple, Northerners value strength and strength of character more then Southerners. That is why we see the Mormont females for example, as leaders and respected battle commanders. We also see for example the Glovers fostering Larence Snow, and they have a high opinion of him. Brandon Snow for example was also a respected bastard in the North.

But sure I could see the Northern Lords having a problem with the Wildlings and Jon being a former Nights Watch member.

They basically need Rickon as a rallying point because both Jon and Sansa has marks against them. Jon has the wildlings and being a member of the Nights Watch. Sansa was married to a Lannister and a Bolton, which where obviously not her choice, but she still does not know anything about Northern politics or military command and she has Littlefinger hanging around her. Sansa is learning Southern politics from Littlefinger, but the North is different. In both cases Jon and Sansa would properly need to prove themselves. It would be much easier for the North to just unite behind Rickon.

If the North just united behind Sansa and she is suddenly the Queen in the North leading a battle against the Boltons then it would not be a very organic process, it would be a bit contrived. The same with Jon as well, if the Northern Lords just follow him or name as King in the North without a care for the Wildlings or his previous vows it would be a bit contrived. But the situation could be different if for example Jon proves himself in battle or as a battle commander and the Wildlings follow him with loyalty. Sansa on the other hand could prove herself by aligning the Vale towards the Northern cause.

I think they would basically have to prove themselves in season 6, for the initial purposes of gathering support it would make more sense to unite behind Rickon. Of course if something happened to Rickon then everything would become a lot more complicated.

15 minutes ago, Boudica said:

Bastard's are not really that hated in the North. When it comes to bastards a lot depends on how much a bastard was recognised by his parents. And Jon was raised with his trueborn siblings, and given a similar education. That is about as much recognition a bastard can get if they are not legitimized.

Bastards are generally treated better in the North then in the South, it is really mostly through Catelyn that we see the Southern attitude towards bastards (except for royal bastards and Dorne).

The reason why bastards are treated better in the North is simple, Northerners value strength and strength of character more then Southerners. That is why we see the Mormont females for example, as leaders and respected battle commanders. We also see for example the Glovers fostering Larence Snow, and they have a high opinion of him. Brandon Snow for example was also a respected bastard in the North.

But sure I could see the Northern Lords having a problem with the Wildlings and Jon being a former Nights Watch member.

They basically need Rickon as a rallying point because both Jon and Sansa has marks against them. Jon has the wildlings and being a member of the Nights Watch. Sansa was married to a Lannister and a Bolton, which where obviously not her choice, but she still does not know anything about Northern politics or military command and she has Littlefinger hanging around her. Sansa is learning Southern politics from Littlefinger, but the North is different. In both cases Jon and Sansa would properly need to prove themselves. It would be much easier for the North to just unite behind Rickon.

If the North just united behind Sansa and she is suddenly the Queen in the North leading a battle against the Boltons then it would not be a very organic process, it would be a bit contrived. The same with Jon as well, if the Northern Lords just follow him or name as King in the North without a care for the Wildlings or his previous vows it would be a bit contrived. But the situation could be different if for example Jon proves himself in battle or as a battle commander and the Wildlings follow him with loyalty. Sansa on the other hand could prove herself by aligning the Vale towards the Northern cause.

I think they would basically have to prove themselves in season 6, for the initial purposes of gathering support it would make more sense to unite behind Rickon. Of course if something happened to Rickon then everything would become a lot more complicated.

I wrote that badly. It was meant to be widlings that are hated in the North. His bastard status is just another thing that might be against him.

Sophie talked about in a way that she might be doing politics, gathering northern lords and do some stuff. I think we'll see all three of them doing important things and proving themselves. Rickon makes sense to be sort of face of this.

16 hours ago, Boudica said:

You are right, but the sad thing is that I have a gut feeling that they are going to position Sansa as Queen in the North. They will probably kill off Rickon, but it would suck because imo I don't think she deserves to be the ruler of the North. She hasn't really learnt or done anything to deserve it 

I agree, Sansa doesn't feel like she deserves to be Queen of the North and any attempt to make her so this season would seem very rushed IMO.

However, there are a lot of presumptions being made as to what is going to happen, based on a few vague comments and some behind the scenes shots, its going to be better to wait to see what they actually do.

Sansa as Queen in the North will be ofcourse if Rickon dies, and Bran has not come back to civilization as well as Ramsay being dead. This would play into Littlefinger's favor as he clearly wants Sansa for himself and all of her inheritance. My bets on him having Rickon killed in some way but unbeknownst to Sansa and Jon. I also bet Lord Royce dies in the battle as Sansa seemingly could sway his support of Littlefinger by filling him in on what really happened in Season 5.

Archived