Watch, Watched, Watching: The Director's Cut

RedEyedGhost

On 2/9/2016 at 5:50 PM, Veltigar said:

I finished Pride & Prejudice about an hour ago. It such a great film and the perfect film to watch before Lent kicks off :) 

If I gave 10 of my friends an infinite amount of time to guess the phrases and sentences that will come out of my mouth during my lifetime, this just might be the very last thing that they would guess.

29 minutes ago, Howdyphillip said:

If I gave 10 of my friends an infinite amount of time to guess the phrases and sentences that will come out of my mouth during my lifetime, This just might be the very last thing that they would guess.

You should give your friends some more credit Howdy :) They would know how much you love P&P and break this code quite quickly :P 

EDIT: Also something I forgot, I went to see Deadpool yesterday. Great flick, funniest comedy I have seen in quite a while. Certainly one of the best superhero films of the last couple of years. 

On 2/10/2016 at 9:01 PM, Davrum said:

Please teach me this witchcraft that you utilize to get enough hours in a week to fit every show in the world into your viewing schedule.

My sweet summer child... :) This year, I have reached 35 different shows and mini-series with the full-time job. How we do that is one of the Universe's great mysteries.

1 hour ago, Veltigar said:

EDIT: Also something I forgot, I went to see Deadpool yesterday. Great flick, funniest comedy I have seen in quite a while. Certainly one of the best superhero films of the last couple of years. 

Thanks for that... I was considering watching it and everyone here can't stop talking about it due to one of the actors is Serbian. Glad to know you liked it :)

Finished Freaks and Geeks. It should be considered a crime that this show was cancelled before it's first season was even done. This is a simple story told expertly, with great acting and humor, and should have kept rolling out new episodes until the leads died of old age. One of the most realistic, relatable and at the same time mature high school stories I've had the pleasure of watching.

Now I've started rewatching Avatar: The Legend of Aang. It's childish but enjoyable in the first season, but if memory serves becomes really good from the S1 finale onwards. This also gives me the chance to watch the episodes I missed when it aired on Nickelodeon.

37 minutes ago, Theda Baratheon said:

A friend of mine is watching Blade Runner for the first time today and I have already had to walk him through the basic premise ...I hope he likes it. I don't think I could take another friend watching it on my reccomendation and disliking it :(:(

If its any consolation, when i get around to watching it i will credit the re to you if i enjoy it and someone else if i dislike it :P I was listening to some movie score playlists on amazon the other day and heard...i think it was Love Theme? Somrthing like that, from Blade Runner and thought it was great and it made me want to try the film

Watched Ajeossi today (English name The Man from Nowhere) and really liked it. It's similar in style and story to the one other Korean movie I've seen, Oldboy, and that's a good thing. It's an unoriginal story told expertly. Plenty of great action scenes, but the movie also has some heart.

2 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

A friend of mine is watching Blade Runner for the first time today and I have already had to walk him through the basic premise ...I hope he likes it. I don't think I could take another friend watching it on my reccomendation and disliking it :(:(

Just make him watch it a second time.

I hated Blade Runner the first time I saw it then I waited a couple of years and watched it again out of morbid curiosity. Thought it was much better and it got better every time I've watched it thereafter.

I picked up the first two seasons of The X-Files on blu-ray so I've been watching that. Still making my way through season 1. I always forget how random the quality is in this season.

3 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

I haven't seen the theatrical release in years and years. I personally like it more than the director's cut because it just gave the film more background, and more of a noire feeling to have the Harrison Ford voice overs. Have you seen both versions?

1 hour ago, Durckad said:

Just make him watch it a second time.

I hated Blade Runner the first time I saw it then I waited a couple of years and watched it again out of morbid curiosity. Thought it was much better and it got better every time I've watched it thereafter.

I picked up the first two seasons of The X-Files on blu-ray so I've been watching that. Still making my way through season 1. I always forget how random the quality is in this season.

I told him that !!!! That it's a film that is often much better on a rewatch!! Hopefully he will...one day 

46 minutes ago, Howdyphillip said:

I haven't seen the theatrical release in years and years. I personally like it more than the director's cut because it just gave the film more background, and more of a noire feeling to have the Harrison Ford voice overs. Have you seen both versions?

I have. I much prefer the final cut tbh, he seems so bored in the voice overs and I hated the ending in the original lol. 

I have loved Blade Runner in every way I've ever watched it, including theatrical cut in the theaters more than once, the director's cut in theaters more than once, and both of them and the extended versions on dvd and / or streaming more than once.!

I am still on my rewatch of LOST. I have become so obsessed in plowing through these episodes, that I haven't even watched the finale to The Expanse yet. I am kind of OK with this as when that is over, I will have another year to wait. Prolonging that just seems right somehow.

About LOST, I just finished season 5. When I watched it the first time, I thought that it was the weakest season. On subsequent viewings, the narrative is very tightly wound, and I enjoy it more and more. Now it is time for some flash sideways...

17 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

watched insurgent, preferred divergent for the lil romance, but this young adult post apocalyptic stuff seems to be catnip to me tbh. 

Yeah, Divergent was much better than Insurgent.

Watching Narcos now. About 5 episodes into it, pretty good so far. Not gripping me like I thought it would but solid show.

Archived