Jon as an Other & Azore Ahi

You mean this?

Glowing like sunset, a red sword was raised in the hand of a blue-eyed king who cast no shadow.

Cause most people believe that's referring to Stannis. The fact that he's a king and has no shadow is the giveaway. 

You mean this?

Glowing like sunset, a red sword was raised in the hand of a blue-eyed king who cast no shadow.

Cause most people believe that's referring to Stannis. The fact that he's a king and has no shadow is the giveaway. 

Yea that's it, but does anyone really believe Stannis is Azore Ahai? I mean Melisendre says it but this is Dany POV. And even Melisendre says she looks for Azore Ahai but R'hillor only shows her Snow. Capital s Snow not snow. She's even abandoned Stannis to stay by Jon's side. I'm hoping I'm wrong but that's how I see the vision in the house of the Undying. That said I don't think it a coincidence that the show made sure Melisendre was back at the wall before Jon died. Pretty obvious she's going to bring him back. And I doubt R'hillor is going to bring him back as an Other. Might be Martin changed his mind on how to bring Jon back between books. HotU was book 2 Dondarions revival book 3. Maybe Martin said yea that's better forget Jon being an Other?

1 hour ago, bryan_targaryen said:

Yea that's it, but does anyone really believe Stannis is Azore Ahai? I mean Melisendre says it but this is Dany POV. And even Melisendre says she looks for Azore Ahai but R'hillor only shows her Snow. Capital s Snow not snow. She's even abandoned Stannis to stay by Jon's side. I'm hoping I'm wrong but that's how I see the vision in the house of the Undying. That said I don't think it a coincidence that the show made sure Melisendre was back at the wall before Jon died. Pretty obvious she's going to bring him back. And I doubt R'hillor is going to bring him back as an Other. Might be Martin changed his mind on how to bring Jon back between books. HotU was book 2 Dondarions revival book 3. Maybe Martin said yea that's better forget Jon being an Other?

No, I don't think anyone really believes Stannis is Azor Ahai. But that vision isn't really about Azor Ahai. She sees a series of things past present and future. The "no shadow" thing directly ties to Stannis and Melisandre's shadow babies. There's no symbolic reason for Jon to have no shadow in the vision. 

• 1 month later...

That's Stannis for me. I remember two passagges relating to character's shadows: Tyrion's "even the shortest men cast large shadows" or whatever, and a part where Meli is talking to Jon and then he turns and see his shadow becoming huge against the Wall. These two are fit to be kings, they have cast shadows. Stannis does not, that's why he has no shadow. He isn't really fit to be a true king. Ouch.

Archived