Trailer thread II

AncalagonTheBlack

Trailer for the sumptuously produced Kazachi series 'KAZAKH ELY', about the foundation of the Kazaxhi Khanata 550 years ago. It's described as Kazachstan's answer to GoT, but it looks a lot better. Apparently it was made as a big fuck you to Vladimir Putin, after he said that Kazachstan as a country was only a few decades old.

A short trailer can be found included in this article about the series.

I also found this longer featurette on Youtube.

It looks absolutely gorgeous and pretty exciting. I don't know if it will ever travel West, but I sure hope it does. Between this and Viking, I'm really digging this drive for soft power from the former Soviet Republics. There is no doubt in my mind that both projects will be heavily biased towards the narrative these states want to further, but we're definitely getting a lot of thrilling and spectacular scenes and gorgeous shots out of it, which is pretty cool.

20 minutes ago, Zorral said:

Gods of Egypt, 3-D, IMAX, etc., February 26th:

I think someone shared that trailer in the previous thread and I'm just going to repeat what I said then: it looks absolutely awful :P Let's hope it's so bad that it becomes funny again but I'm not very hopeful :P 

Btw, has anyone seen this yet:

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi2581640473/

I like Emilia Clarke overall, but at this rate, she'll never be able to leverage her role as Daenerys in a big moviestar carreer. She has had quite a few flops and this looks like yet another one. It appears to be a true Richard Curtis rip-off, which is usually very, very bad. Not everyone can do what he does. Heck, Richard Curtis can't always do what peak Richard Curtis can do (just compare masterpieces like Four Weddings and a Funeral and About Time with a crock of shit like Love Actually).

5 minutes ago, The_Gallows_Knight said:

Nice, I have been waiting to see this all week. All the links I clicked on were death. It looks intense :)

6 minutes ago, The_Gallows_Knight said:

Miles Ahead Trailer Miles Davis biopic directed by and starring Don Cheadle.

If the film is as good as the trailer, I think Don Cheadle might want to clear out some space in his trophy cabinet :) 

4 hours ago, Veltigar said:

I think someone shared that trailer in the previous thread and I'm just going to repeat what I said then: it looks absolutely awful :P Let's hope it's so bad that it becomes funny again but I'm not very hopeful :P 

It made me think that substituting Egyptian gods for Hindu ones was cheaper than paying the Zelazny estate for the rights to film Lord of Light!

I didn't see that in the prior thread -- probably that was when I was hardly at home or online for months.

6 hours ago, Veltigar said:

1 hour ago, Zorral said:

It made me think that substituting Egyptian gods for Hindu ones was cheaper than paying the Zelazny estate for the rights to film Lord of Light!

I didn't see that in the prior thread -- probably that was when I was hardly at home or online for months.

Well then you missed it when I mentioned to Veltigar that the next logical movie would be Age of Mythology (Greek + Egyptian + Norse) :P

12 hours ago, Veltigar said:

Btw, has anyone seen this yet:

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi2581640473/

I like Emilia Clarke overall, but at this rate, she'll never be able to leverage her role as Daenerys in a big moviestar carreer. She has had quite a few flops and this looks like yet another one. It appears to be a true Richard Curtis rip-off, which is usually very, very bad. Not everyone can do what he does. Heck, Richard Curtis can't always do what peak Richard Curtis can do (just compare masterpieces like Four Weddings and a Funeral and About Time with a crock of shit like Love Actually).

I don't think Emilia's herself looked too bad in that. She has a tendency to be a bit wooden and lack expression at times, but she seemed alright in the trailer. The movie though doesn't get me excited.

4 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I don't think Emilia's herself looked too bad in that. She has a tendency to be a bit wooden and lack expression at times, but she seemed alright in the trailer. The movie though doesn't get me excited.

Emilia's new movie is a better fit for her IMO, kudos to her and the movie looks great!

Archived