Trailer thread II

AncalagonTheBlack

45 minutes ago, Fez said:

I haven't seen Creed yet, but I have heard good things about it.

However, I also feel like film franchises that never really went away are a different beast from old movies being brought back because Hollywood is completely out of ideas. Rocky's a borderline case, but V (which was terrible) came out in 1990 and Rocky Balboa came out in 2006, so Creed wasn't reaching back 30+ years for an idea.

Same way that I don't have a problem with there continuing to be James Bond movies, or Alien or Predator or Terminator movies (even though all of those post-1991 have been terrible).

Creed is really good. You'll like it if you liked the original Rocky's. V doesn't exist, never mention it again.

5 hours ago, polishgenius said:

New trailer for Star Trek Beyond.

A lot more normal than the first one.

Not sure I'd say that's normal. This movie looks a lot like the first movie so far -- Young Kirk battles an advanced starship & weird race (Nemo) complete with the epic opera soundtrack while learning to be a leader. Not sure we're getting much different here.

On 5/17/2016 at 10:49 PM, AncalagonTheBlack said:

TIMELESS (NBC)

Good to see Lem landing on his feet after Viridian Dynamics closed up shop.

I actually kind of liked the Lethal Weapon trailer :leaving: 

11 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

Good to see Lem landing on his feet after Viridian Dynamics closed up shop.

Actually sort of looks like he's still working there. Or that he stole a few items on his way out the door.

He also looks like the only worthwhile part of the show. Although that's probably too harsh of me, for whatever reason I never particularly like TV show trailers; except sometimes for the abstract kind that are really just teasers.

On 23-5-2016 at 4:10 PM, HelenaExMachina said:

:wub: You really have no idea how excited this makes me :D

Just kidding, I'm completely dead inside. 

EDIT: And Ewan McGregor sounds horrible. Same for McKellen, but I can't hate his voice. 

On 21-5-2016 at 7:26 AM, AncalagonTheBlack said:

I'm going to warn everyone, this is a complete cluncker from what I have seen of it. They showed this on our public television channel a couple of months ago and just based on the first two episodes, it's so very, very forced. It's much worse than the Tudors, because at least there some of the actors elevated the trashy writing. Everyone here is so bland. 

2 hours ago, Veltigar said:

Just kidding, I'm completely dead inside. 

EDIT: And Ewan McGregor sounds horrible. Same for McKellen, but I can't hate his voice. 

And to pile on the good news, (I don't have a link to the article) but apparently the B&B trailer beat The Force Awakens, Civil War, and probably every other movie in terms of number of views. People are excited (not me). And I had to watch it again, when you mentioned McGregor. I had no idea it was him. 

12 hours ago, Corvinus said:

And to pile on the good news, (I don't have a link to the article) but apparently the B&B trailer beat The Force Awakens, Civil War, and probably every other movie in terms of number of views. People are excited (not me). 

Yeah, I read that as well :( Unbelievable isn't it? I mean, I'm not the biggest SW fan in the galaxy, but the trailers for the Force Awakens were like a masterclass in trailermaking imo. Those deserved the views they got. 

12 hours ago, Corvinus said:

And I had to watch it again, when you mentioned McGregor. I had no idea it was him. 

Me neither :P I just kept thinking, the guys playing Lumiere and Cogsworth sound awful, I have to look up their names in order to specifically shit on them :P 

16 hours ago, Veltigar said:

On 5/21/2016 at 10:56 AM, AncalagonTheBlack said:

I'm going to warn everyone, this is a complete cluncker from what I have seen of it. They showed this on our public television channel a couple of months ago and just based on the first two episodes, it's so very, very forced. It's much worse than the Tudors, because at least there some of the actors elevated the trashy writing. Everyone here is so bland. 

Oh,that's a pity since there are so few historical dramas on tv.:(

Speaking of historical tv shows,have you watched the Nicolas Le Floch series ? I absolutely adored this. The series is adapted from Jean-François Parot's novels Les Enquêtes de Nicolas Le Floch, commissaire au Châtelet.

2 hours ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

Oh,that's a pity since there are so few historical dramas on tv.:(

Speaking of historical tv shows,have you watched the Nicolas Le Floch series ? I absolutely adored this. The series is adapted from Jean-François Parot's novels Les Enquêtes de Nicolas Le Floch, commissaire au Châtelet.

No, I haven't :) they look rather fun though. I get a bit of a Sharpe vibe from this, though ovbiously in a different milieu. Is it at that level? :) 

1 hour ago, Veltigar said:

No, I haven't :) they look rather fun though. I get a bit of a Sharpe vibe from this, though ovbiously in a different milieu. Is it at that level? :) 

It has a bit of everything: mystery,some swashbuckling action,political intrigue,romance etc..Costumes are lavish and sets are great.Not sure about the Sharpe vibe though.You should definitely give it a try.

ETA: The Little Prince - Main Trailer (Netflix)

• 2 weeks later...

The Young Pope’ Trailer: Jude Law & Paolo Sorrentino Plot A Holy Revolution

Sky, HBO and Canal Plus have dropped the first trailer for their joint production, The Young Pope. From Oscar-winning director Paolo Sorrentino, the eight-part series sets Jude Law as Lenny Belardo, aka Pius XIII, the fictional first American pontiff in history. The drama begins airing on Sky Atlantic from October in Italy, the UK, Germany, Ireland and Austria; and on Canal Plus in France. Domestically, HBO will also air it later this year.

Archived