Trailer thread II

AncalagonTheBlack

29 minutes ago, GallowKnight said:

Apparently they've made another Underworld movie, here's a trailer.

I didn't hate the first one, but how the fuck has it got to a fifth?
It blows my mind that the guys playing elder vampires in this series have been Bill Nighy (twice), Derek Jacobi, and Charles Dance (now also twice). The fuck did they pull that off?

1 hour ago, polishgenius said:

It blows my mind that the guys playing elder vampires in this series have been Bill Nighy (twice), Derek Jacobi, and Charles Dance (now also twice). The fuck did they pull that off?

And now Tobias Menzies will play a Lycan.

But hey, as long as Kate Beckinsale keeps being on screen, I'll watch. 

2 hours ago, polishgenius said:

It's baffling isn't it? I think I saw the first three movies. I had no idea they spawned a fourth one :o And now they have created another one? The only thing I find strange is that the trailer for this fifth installment looks kind of decent :o I couldn't stand the third one myself, I'm hazy on the second one. The first one was nice though.

25 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

And now Tobias Menzies will play a Lycan.

But hey, as long as Kate Beckinsale keeps being on screen, I'll watch. 

Have you seen the fourth one? If so, would you recommend it? :) 

1 hour ago, Veltigar said:

It's baffling isn't it? I think I saw the first three movies. I had no idea they spawned a fourth one :o And now they have created another one? The only thing I find strange is that the trailer for this fifth installment looks kind of decent :o I couldn't stand the third one myself, I'm hazy on the second one. The first one was nice though.

I have a vague recollection of seein the fourth one. It is probably not worth it.

1 hour ago, Veltigar said:

14 minutes ago, GallowKnight said:

I have a vague recollection of seein the fourth one. It is probably not worth it.

Same here. Kate was in it. That's all I remember. :P

11 hours ago, GallowKnight said:

11 hours ago, Corvinus said:

Same here. Kate was in it. That's all I remember. :P

I'll steer clear then, after these glowing recommendations ;) 

6 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

Underworld 4 >> Underworld 3 because Kate >>>>>>>>> Rhona 

The third one was really, really bad though. Although I do remember some neat things from it.

Which one was the Underworld where Kate and her ridiculous hybrid boyfriend are hunted by the vampire brother who wishes to unleash his werewolf brother? Is that two or four?

29 minutes ago, Veltigar said:

I'll steer clear then, after these glowing recommendations ;) 

The third one was really, really bad though. Although I do remember some neat things from it.

Which one was the Underworld where Kate and her ridiculous hybrid boyfriend are hunted by the vampire brother who wishes to unleash his werewolf brother? Is that two or four?

That is two.

wikipedia page for all the movies so far https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underworld_(film_series)#Underworld:_Awakening_.282012.29

Now that I think about it I may not have seen 4. I certainly don't remember anything about a daughter. :P

1 minute ago, Corvinus said:

That is two.

wikipedia page for all the movies so far https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underworld_(film_series)#Underworld:_Awakening_.282012.29

Now that I think about it I may not have seen 4. I certainly don't remember anything about a daughter. :P

Hmmm, I think I preferred the third one to the second one :) 

3 hours ago, Corvinus said:

That is two.

I do remember the daughter was in four and a giant werewolf, but that's about it.

1 hour ago, GallowKnight said:

Trailer for Ben Affleck's latest directorial effort Live by Night (also an example of a trailer that might be a bit too long)

This looks really good (literally, Robert Richardson is a great cinematographer). And whatever you think of Affleck as an actor, he's a much better director imo. I loved Gone Baby Gone and The Town (Argo was mediocre). Definitely interested in this one.

3 hours ago, Nictarion said:

This looks really good (literally, Robert Richardson is a great cinematographer). And whatever you think of Affleck as an actor, he's a much better director imo. I loved Gone Baby Gone and The Town (Argo was mediocre). Definitely interested in this one.

Yeah, I haven't seen Argo but I loved The Town and Gone Baby Gone.

Archived