Trailer thread II

AncalagonTheBlack

Well this came out of nowhere. Trailer for Taboo, upcoming FX series starring (and apparently made by) Tom Hardy, produced by Ridley Scott. It kinda looks too good to be true. I hope it's not going to be like that other period drama FX attempted, The Bastard Executioner.

1 hour ago, Corvinus said:

Well this came out of nowhere. Trailer for Taboo, upcoming FX series starring (and apparently made by) Tom Hardy, produced by Ridley Scott. It kinda looks too good to be true. I hope it's not going to be like that other period drama FX attempted, The Bastard Executioner.

Not to worry,Taboo is a co-production with the BBC and their historical dramas are mostly pretty good to great .Plus,it's written by Steven Knight,the guy who wrote the Eastern Promises screenplay,one of my favourite films.I'm looking forward to this.Great to see 3 GoT actors are in this too.:)

edit: above trailer is region blocked outside the US.Rest of the world trailer

On 26-2-2016 at 4:37 PM, Corvinus said:

That looks rad. Any news on a release date? :)

On 26-2-2016 at 6:11 PM, AncalagonTheBlack said:

Not to worry,Taboo is a co-production with the BBC and their historical dramas are mostly pretty good to great .Plus,it's written by Steven Knight,the guy who wrote the Eastern Promises screenplay,one of my favourite films.I'm looking forward to this.Great to see 3 GoT actors are in this too.:)

edit: above trailer is region blocked outside the US.Rest of the world trailer

Wow, that's really promising. I love Eastern Promises. Definitely one of Vincent Cassel's best roles :) 

On 27-2-2016 at 1:11 AM, The_Gallows_Knight said:

Fuckers, I just bought the blu-ray like two weeks ago :(

15 hours ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

Of Kings And Prophets - Trailer #1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wg8eQCS1mtc

Of Kings And Prophets - Trailer #2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEVtvXbkbnE

This on the other hand looks terrible. A shame really, there are some good actors in there. Ray Winston was awesome as Tubhal-Khain in Noah, but I don't think he'll be able to recreate the magic here. 

2 minutes ago, Corvinus said:

umm, care to elaborate?

polishgenius in particular needs to be very specific about which meaning 'race' had in his original post :P 

4 hours ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

That trailer was.... not good.  I am confident in Feig and the comediens in it but..... yeah.  What's the point of establishing that it takes place in the same world if the people are going to pretend no one has done ghostbusting (much less in a hearse) before?

13 minutes ago, Slurktan said:

That trailer was.... not good.  I am confident in Feig and the comediens in it but..... yeah.  What's the point of establishing that it takes place in the same world if the people are going to pretend no one has done ghostbusting (much less in a hearse) before?

Yeah, that was horrible.  I don't think it is set in the same world, I think the trailer is just so poorly constructed as to make it appear that it is.  Because if it is set in the same world than it makes no sense whatsoever.  Feig was good early in his career, but I have lost all faith in him; if the next trailer(s) isn't much better than this I doubt I'll watch the movie.

Archived