Trailer thread II

AncalagonTheBlack

I really liked it. Huh. Thought it introduced the idea well, thought it was funny enough, and made me nostalgic but looking forwards to these specific people doing more. Slapping out the possessing ghosts is pretty funny. 

On 3/3/2016 at 9:58 AM, AncalagonTheBlack said:

Wow, it's almost got 2 to 1 Dislikes to Likes on YouTube. I wonder if the studio is worried?

The trailer had things I liked, the music, Slimer, Kristen Wiig, NYC. And things I didn't like, mainly the rest of the CGI, it looked too clean.

I'd see this movie if it got really good reviews and recs, but otherwise I feel meh about it.

I kind of think the best thing in the trailer is they screwed up the recap of the previous Ghostbusters, it says 4 scientists.... except you know, Winston just came in off the street and wasn't a scientist at all.

5 hours ago, drawkcabi said:

Wow, it's almost got 2 to 1 Dislikes to Likes on YouTube. I wonder if the studio is worried?

As someone who has no interest or stake in anything Ghostbusters, this comment made me check out the trailer... Damn, that was bad. I didn't even chuckle once.

3 hours ago, Slurktan said:

I kind of think the best thing in the trailer is they screwed up the recap of the previous Ghostbusters, it says 4 scientists.... except you know, Winston just came in off the street and wasn't a scientist at all.

I think they didn't want to emphasize that the only one who wasn't a scientist was the black guy. It's bad enough that the movie feels the need to emulate the 1980s in making the only prominent black character the non-scientist, you can't expect them to focus attention on that :P 

Actually I think Ghostbusters is one of those movies that holds up really well even now, unlike a lot of my favourite 80's movies as a kid. Murray is the main reason for that, it contains a lot of great SNL comedic performances, the effects are still reasonably decent and the movie has a tight structure. Its just a well made movie. Also the ghost in the library still freaks me out.

Compare that ghost to the one we just saw in that trailer and theres everything you need to know right there. That new ghost is 'bubblegum', not in the slightest bit scary or realistic, as if they don't want to scare kids. But dammit, kids should be scared of movies! 

And while I'm a massive fan of Kristen Wigg, the humour here is SO lazy and broad. I can imagine my gran laughing, because grans laugh at things and don't know why, but otherwise it lacks anything resembling comedy as far as I can see.

I think the problem is, Bill Murray is hilarious, but the rest of Ghostbusters isn't really a comedy. There's some funny lines not delivered by Murray, but other than him its basically an '80s adventure movie. And the trailer for the reboot makes it clear they are trying to make it a straight comedy, but in the absence of Murray they've settled on using primarily slapstick. Which just feels wrong because that's not what the original was; and that could still be fine, except that they are clearly trying to emulate the original instead of doing their own thing.

The Tunnel: Season 2 trailer

Season 2 begins on Sky Atlantic on April 5.

First look at the second series of The Tunnel with a whole new crop of stars joining the Anglo-French detective duo played by Stephen Dillane and Clémence Poésy.

Emilia Fox (Silent Witness), Clarke Peters (The Wire), Paul Schneider (Parks and Recreation) and William Ash (Shameless) will also star in The Tunnel: Sabotage which will centre around a rather spectacular plane crash in the English channel.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2016-02-11/first-look-at-the-tunnel-series-two-starring-stephen-dillane-and-clmence-posy

I saw part of a trailer for Le Petit Prince today and I was kind of excited, but then it turned out that the stuff I liked was just part of a story told in a movie with a wholly different style of animation. Kind of bummed, but still worth checking out :) 

21 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

The book's been pinging my radar for a while. Might have to get on that before the film comes out.

Yes, I was interested enough by the premise that I will likely read the book. The film doesn't actually look too bad either. And can it be, a Time Burton movie without HBC and JD? Shock-horror-gasp!

2 hours ago, Fez said:

Seth Rogen's R-rated animated movie, Sausage Party (NSFW due to language; its a red band animated trailer).

Certainly an... interesting idea.

:bowdown:My God, this looks fucking amazing :D The

Spoiler

Saving Private Ryan gag at the end had me in stitches 

Oh, and finally an American R-rated animated movie :) I really like this ;) Thanks for bringing this to my attention :cheers:

On ‎29‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 8:55 AM, The_Gallows_Knight said:

I think this looks pretty interesting.

On ‎3‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 2:14 AM, Corvinus said:

Not really sure what I think about this. I'm both excited and cautious. But is this a sequel, a remake, or both?

Agreed. Same world, different world? Why keep exactly the same group (2 scientists, one fake, one black add on) if you're going to switch their gender? Why not do more like switch the black lady into one of the scientists, or, gasp, have TWO black people. Or maybe a LATINO!*

But fundamentally this looks like it will struggle without performers of the calibre of Murray, Akroyd and Weaver. Plus the performances by some of the others. It hit the mark on so many levels.

* I know, I'm out there.

Archived