Boring foods

Felguy

On 1/25/2016 at 0:12 PM, TerraPrime said:

Tofu gets such a bad rep in the U.S. It's a real shame. 

I'll agree on this.  I haven't been too impressed with it as a meat substitute and that's how it is widely used here. I'd just rather have vegetables or the meat it's replacing.  When it's been used as an additional ingredient it's nice, although never a show stopper.

On 1/27/2016 at 10:07 PM, Ruhail said:

All fruits except Tomatos are also boring and overly crap to my tastebuds.

Good gods....I feel so bad for people who genuinely don#t like the taste of fruit this isn't even like...me being patronizing ...I LOVE FRUIT I LOOOOOOVE IT 

Fruit can be good when incorporated into savory dishes, or contrasted against bitter elements, e.g. in a salad (or even a beer!). But on its own, it's kind of boring - the sweetness overwhelms everything.

I think meatloaf and lasagna are boring.

54 minutes ago, Theda Baratheon said:

Good gods....I feel so bad for people who genuinely don#t like the taste of fruit this isn't even like...me being patronizing ...I LOVE FRUIT I LOOOOOOVE IT 

I've been on a real fruit kick lately where I just want all the fruit I can lay my hands on. So refreshing, sweet, juicy....

*wanders off for a raid on the fridge*

Just now, HelenaExMachina said:

I've been on a real fruit kick lately where I just want all the fruit I can lay my hands on. So refreshing, sweet, juicy....

*wanders off for a raid on the fridge*

currwntly eating a giant orange bcus of this thread (thank u thread) 

3 minutes ago, Theda Baratheon said:

currwntly eating a giant orange bcus of this thread (thank u thread) 

Mango and kiwi. Thank you tesco price cuts :P 

eta: it hasn't escaped my notice that I just raided the fridge at 3am...

With some fruit there IS a problem that a lot of the supermarket stuff is comparably tasteless (there are still big differences between decent and really watery stuff). Home grown or farmer's market apples are usually far more aromatic. Always depending on the sort, pomology was a high art that reached its zenith probably around 1900 and has since declined because easy storage and transportation became paramount.

Some berries (especially raspberries and blackberries) are best eaten directly after harvesting. Varieties feasible for transport (and with the size and stability demanded by the customer) usually do not come close in taste

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I just had two tangerines.

And cannot get over IAmMe saying that lasagna is boring. Maybe you have not had a good lasagna before, because otherwise, lasagna is not at all boring.

It's somewhat calorie dense, but no, not boring. :P

12 hours ago, Leap said:

Lasagne is the best. I love it so much.

Anyone who doesn't like it is either lying, crazy, or Ser Ilyn Payne. Putting ketchup on it is just plain wrong :P

You know what's better than lasagne?

Cold, leftover lasagne.

Archived